Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012] +German translation

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ixWishing
Veteran

Re: Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012] / Hints+Walkthroughs up

#61 Post by ixWishing »

Asdfghjkl.
Just got all 9 endings!
Man, it was fantastic ! <3 .

My complaint was that the post-prologue was a tad bit too confusing for me at first. o: .
So 'Lily' isn't all real? Sucks. I thought it would be Lily, instead of Pierre as the Post-Prologue main character xP.
Well, I also sent in the survey thing before coming here, haha.
Was it me, or there wasn't a skip feature in the game/ options page? D: .
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#62 Post by Camille »

sporkysan wrote:Liam:
I love deconstructing characters and picking apart Liam was the most fun. That is probably why he is favorite. I think the reason why some people find Liam distasteful is because
manipulative people are not popular. Liam is a little manipulative. Like you said, he purposely leaves Josh alone so Josh will realize that he misses Liam. And if Liam was more sinister and/or selfish, he would be the type to always do things like that to make Josh think he loves Liam. We just assume that manipulative people are selfish and creepy, but Liam actually loves Josh. If he didn't care about Josh's happiness then he would have butted in during Josh's other romances or not taken no for an answer during the friendship ending. I've dealt with someone who is manipulative and selfish. Liam is nothing like that person. Liam just knows that he needs to give Josh a little embarrassing nudge in the right direction. I suppose calculating is a better word to describe Liam. To be fair though, I have a soft spot for slightly dysfunctional characters that are honestly good at heart.
Most people didn't even realize Liam was manipulative. ^^; Actually, you're the only person I know of to bring it up in this way. A number of people liked him, but some said he was confusing and not very consistent. I think his character is a little confusing unless you understand where he's coming from. o.o He has a one-track mind. But you're right--Liam truly cares about Josh and I think that's what makes him less creepy/evil-feeling.
sporkysan wrote:World building
But I am excited about the idea of a future game with foreshadowing. Good foreshadowing makes a story feel well thought out, even if it is added after the first draft. Not like the audience will ever know. It is also fun to find the foreshadowing when replaying/rewatching/rereading a story. It makes it more rewarding to go back to a story that you love. "Hey, look what I noticed this time! It was a clue left for me."
I've been told that I do a pretty good job with this in Break Chance Memento from beta testers and whatnot, as well as other people I've told the story to, but of course that's more obvious in a mystery-type story. XD I guess the idea completely slipped my mind in this game so the plot twist was way too sudden.
sporkysan wrote:Okay, know that you said that, I am really excited to play Break Chance Memento. I heard about it a while back, but knowing this has gotten me really ramped up. I'm really glad that this is important to you and Auro since it is something I find lacking in a lot of games. It takes a lot of work and dedication to write and plan out. Good luck on the game. I can't wait for the release.
Thanks! :D I hope people like it. I know it's not a genre that a lot of people go for, but we're hoping to make up with that with the gameplay and story.
sporkysan wrote:
That is bittersweet and I sorta of want to see someone write this out from Liam's or Josh's (or both) perspective.
*cough* It might be a great scene for the extended version if we make one, but I'd be very happy for any fanfiction. :D
sporkysan wrote:The extra with the ranking is so cute. Thank you very much for the that. I loved the snark.
Ooh, yay! I'm glad you liked it. :3 It was a lot of fun and Auro's first real try at chibis.
sporkysan wrote:
I forgot exactly when but I was playing through Liam's route when the tag about his text started calling Pierre, Josh. It starts out by labeling him as Pierre, but then after the second(?) decision tree the label switches to Josh. Everyone else in the game still continues to call him Pierre though. Not sure if that was on accident or on purpose.
I should try again on Pierre and Ethan's route to see if it does that there too.
That is beyond strange, seeing as the variable that changes his name doesn't even appear in that file. o.o I haven't seen anyone else mention it... This is in the prologue?

Kitten the Cat wrote:With the Prologue I was squealing so much, being an obsessed otome fan (and the game is right, I am probably masochistic to go after Ethan XD)

So yes upon getting to the main game XD I initially felt trolled ^^;;
Our intention wasn't so much to troll people as it was wanting people to think a little bit? We've had a number of comments saying that they were
disappointed that Liam or Ethan was gay
and other stuff like that, which is a little disheartening. We want people to really think about why they feel that way and maybe see that such thoughts are harmful. D: Maybe princes don't exist in real life, but there are plenty of nice guys out there who are waiting for a chance. And really, I think romance and a good story should be enjoyable regardless of the gender of the people in it. :C But anyway! I know you weren't one of the ones who said that, so sorry for the mini-rant. XD I'm really glad that you're enjoying the game even if it's not what you expected. Auro and I will be working on a commercial otome game sometime next year if we can come up with a name for it.
ixWishing wrote:Asdfghjkl.
Just got all 9 endings!
Man, it was fantastic ! <3 .

My complaint was that the post-prologue was a tad bit too confusing for me at first. o: .
So 'Lily' isn't all real? Sucks. I thought it would be Lily, instead of Pierre as the Post-Prologue main character xP.
Well, I also sent in the survey thing before coming here, haha.
Was it me, or there wasn't a skip feature in the game/ options page? D: .
Thanks! And double thank you for sending in a survey response. Nope, she's not real at all. RisAmo is big on keys because there wasn't a whole lot of room for us to put buttons on the screen. (I didn't want it obscuring the art) If you read the readme file or watch the help scene from the main menu, it'll tell you that pressing the [TAB] key will toggle skipping. Just press it once to skip and you can press it again to make it stop skipping.
The unique keybindings for this game:

save menu
[l] load menu
[p] preferences/options menu
[tab] toggle skip
[m] return to main menu
[a] toggle auto-forward

The other buttons:

[enter] advances the text and activates choices/buttons
[space] advances the text, but doesn't active choices/buttons
[ctrl] skips text as long as the [ctrl] key is held down
[esc] leaves a game menu and returns to the game (during play)
[f] toggles fullscreen mode

Kitten the Cat
Regular
Projects: The Onigami House [NaNo12], Beyond the Veil [NaNo14]
Organization: Riceball Games

#63 Post by Kitten the Cat »

Camille wrote:Our intention wasn't so much to troll people as it was wanting people to think a little bit? We've had a number of comments saying that they were
disappointed that Liam or Ethan was gay
and other stuff like that, which is a little disheartening. We want people to really think about why they feel that way and maybe see that such thoughts are harmful. D: Maybe princes don't exist in real life, but there are plenty of nice guys out there who are waiting for a chance. And really, I think romance and a good story should be enjoyable regardless of the gender of the people in it. :C But anyway! I know you weren't one of the ones who said that, so sorry for the mini-rant. XD I'm really glad that you're enjoying the game even if it's not what you expected. Auro and I will be working on a commercial otome game sometime next year if we can come up with a name for it.
No worries Camille ^^
Sexuality wasn't my issue here.
It was more like, if I had bought this game commercially, I picked it up for being an otome - which was also how it was marketed. (I know it's a free game but I'm just saying if that was that case ^^;) I don't need to be told that the romance in a game is not real - I'm too old for that XD But it doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy it anyhow. I see playing otome games are a form of escapism. Just like reading trashy romance novels or some shoujo manga ^^;; So to have the game kinda tell me "No no no, otome games are just fantasy" makes me feel like I've just been scolded for being myself ^^;
Currently working on Beyond the Veil, our NaNoRenO '14 entry.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Camille »

Kitten the Cat wrote:No worries Camille ^^
Sexuality wasn't my issue here.
It was more like, if I had bought this game commercially, I picked it up for being an otome - which was also how it was marketed. (I know it's a free game but I'm just saying if that was that case ^^;) I don't need to be told that the romance in a game is not real - I'm too old for that XD But it doesn't change the fact that I still enjoy it anyhow. I see playing otome games are a form of escapism. Just like reading trashy romance novels or some shoujo manga ^^;; So to have the game kinda tell me "No no no, otome games are just fantasy" makes me feel like I've just been scolded for being myself ^^;
Well, again, we never actually said that RisAmo was an otome game. ^^; And throughout development, we warned people that there was more to the game than meets the eye. (one review actually said that we shouldn't have done that because it ruined the effect to some degree) And, of course, we'd never do something like this in a commercial game, as that would be tricking people before they purchase something, which really isn't fair. But we wanted to experiment with a different form of storytelling and since this is a free game, there's nothing stopping people from just quitting the game after the prologue. XD The prologue is still a good 20,000 words, so I think that's plenty for normal otome fans.

There are plenty of people who *do* think that the romances in games/stories are real--they model their lives off of them and expect some prince to come and sweep them off their feet. It's good and healthy that you don't, but that's the message we were trying to send--not so much against otome games or romance, just against the "prince" character or the "Mr. Darcy" character because they perpetuate unhealthy gender stereotypes. Auro and I actually like otome games a lot and I personally play them quite regularly. RisAmo isn't supposed to be a statement against otome games (you will notice many parallels between the prologue and post-prologue in terms of story--not to mention the fact that the post-prologue is still romantic and quite cheesy in some areas) as much as a statement against certain tired character types. Something like that. So I'm sorry if you felt like you were being scolded, because that wasn't really our intention. D:

psyduck
Regular

#65 Post by psyduck »

I got this error :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script2.rpy", line 5800, in script
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 265, in run
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 861, in execute
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 835, in show_imspec
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\exports.py", line 281, in show
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 722, in add
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\motion.py", line 805, in _show
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\motion.py", line 792, in _show
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\motion.py", line 699, in update_state
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 273, in get_placement
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\image.py", line 171, in get_placement
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 273, in get_placement
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1008, in get_placement
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 974, in per_interact
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1027, in condition_switch_show
File "F:\Burn\Games\RistoranteAmore-win32\Ristorante Amore-win32\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1024, in condition_switch_pick
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

Windows-post2008Server-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.13.11.1715
Ristorante Amore 0.0

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#66 Post by Camille »

@psyduck: Yep, that error was reported earlier. Basically what happened was Angelina's sprite screwed things up... I forgot to reset her emotion there and the outfit she was in didn't support the last emotion she had (which was from another outfit)... It doesn't always show up, but it does if you make certain decisions during the post-prologue common scenes. I will fix that for v1.1. If you press "ignore" a few times, it should be possible to keep going past that point.

Nekobiker
Regular

#67 Post by Nekobiker »

Pierre Beaumont, is that an Age of Empires 3 reference? He was my favorite character there... now I have to play this.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#68 Post by CheeryMoya »

I'm probably going to have to kick myself for posting before I even finish the prologue, but man you guys entertain me so! It's normal for me to yell and make snide comments at the characters in a VN, but the amount of fussing I'm doing with RisAmo? Deliciously nonsensical. I've been screaming at the boys to give me that damn broom that appears whenever Lily/whatever-you-want-her-name-to-be breaks the dishes, and heh, it involves a lot of cussing. Oh... if only I could do an LP of this game... it'd be a fantastic way to break your speakers.

Tag-,Patty, and I are having fun arguing who makes the best prologue ship too. Patty ships EthanXPlates, I ship BackgroundXTextbox, and Tag- stated that she most certainly doesn't ship NameboxXTextbox. What do you guys think of these pairings? They just gotta be canon.

Silliness aside, I'm really restless to get out of this otome-prologue part and actually get to the meat of the game. I'm pursuing Ethan, and he's rather bland so far- but that was what you were going for in the prologue, right? The more fangirling I see over a game, the higher expectations I hold for it. And for this one, I'll be expecting nothing less than perfection; anything otherwise and I'll be so mad...

P.S. And before I forget, this is what I think of the presentation of the story thus far:
generic and nothing too out of the ordinary. Done better than most, so that makes up for it (slightly). There are sections where I think some sentences sound clunky, but that's stylistic preferences now. In terms of art, I can't help but turn away when the characters make a certain face (particularly the blushing and surprised expressions). They look less than natural to me, and I can't convince myself that animeland is the reason for it.
Yup.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Camille »

@Nekobiker: Well-spotted! :D He's, sadly, nothing like the character he was named after, though. I just needed a cheesy French name. XD There are a few videogame references littered throughout the game, though they're more there for the "Aha!" factor than anything else.

@CheeryMoya: People who know me have laughed really hard during the prologue because they can appreciate how painful it was for me to write. In fact, Liam's prologue route took something like 4-5 days for me to finish. Soooo much facepalming and headdesking occurred during the writing of this prologue. So you're basically reacting to the prologue as intended. One person told me that they ragequit the game in the middle of the prologue because it was so stupid and only returned to the game after they found out there was a meatier post-prologue. XD I don't know if the post-prologue is perfection or anything, but I can at least say that it's better than the prologue. Though if you're already expecting the post-prologue to be great, I'm sure it probably won't be as much. ): That's how psychology works, sadly.

I'm not sure about EthanxPlates. D: I'm sure he's sick of those plates by now. I ship EthanxTextbooks, but I quite like BackgroundxTextbox, as well.

Not sure why you have that one part in spoiler tags... Auro and I are perfectly fine with negative feedback. I'm not as used to writing in first person, so there probably are many parts that sound clunky. I also didn't get to do my usual nitpicky self-editing; later routes didn't even have time to be proofread for spelling errors. D: So yeah. That's the problem with games made in a month, I suppose. This is why people hire editors... I just didn't have the chance/time to do so for this game.

Anyway, thanks for playing. I do hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#70 Post by 9:19 »

Do you guys prefer to receive fan art through a PM or a public message? (Though I guess the more pressing question is, do you guys accept fan art? XD)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Camille »

@9:19: We are generally of the opinion that we're so floored to receive any fanart at all that the last thing we're going to do is be picky about how we receive it. XD So whichever way is more convenient is fine with us! We're keeping up a very small section of the Cyanide Tea forums for received fanworks. ;w;b They make us both very happy, so yes, we'd be delighted to accept fanart. XD

IchigoNeko

#72 Post by IchigoNeko »

Hey there! Judging from the glowing contents I am really going to enjoy this game--quick question though; it looks like there are a few girl characters besides Lily. Is there a yuri/lesbian option by any chance?

EDIT: ...nevermind.

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#73 Post by 9:19 »

I'm not sure if this warrants a spoiler tag or not. The scenario feels generic enough to fly under the radar, but I know you guys are trying to keep the post-prologue tightly under wraps for new players, and I'd hate to jump the gun, especially after I experienced such a pleasant surprise myself. Let me know if the contents bug ya; I can link it elsewhere!

I had a lot of fun playing RisAmo. The characters are right up my alley. I like that they are mature, flawed, and a little deadpan at times. The art makes me feel like pasta. That's a compliment. The G.U.I. is to die for, but I'm sure you've heard.

Suggestions, suggestions. Let's see. I think the prologue could stand a zing of spice-slipping in an "OOC" remark here or there to make the reader second-guess things would've helped transition the story into the post-prologue more smoothly. Then again, NaNoRenO. (Or maybe you foreshadowed plenty and I'm just dense as The Berlin Wall.)

Anyway, the bottom line is: congrats on your release and thanks for sharing the game with us! :D

[Edit: Typo asdkfjlk-.]
Last edited by 9:19 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

psyduck
Regular

#74 Post by psyduck »

Camille wrote:@psyduck: Yep, that error was reported earlier. Basically what happened was Angelina's sprite screwed things up... I forgot to reset her emotion there and the outfit she was in didn't support the last emotion she had (which was from another outfit)... It doesn't always show up, but it does if you make certain decisions during the post-prologue common scenes. I will fix that for v1.1. If you press "ignore" a few times, it should be possible to keep going past that point.
ok. thanks for the tips.

I think there's one more thing you should fix. at the preferences, I click at the arrow picture of BGM volume instead of the buttons. and it did nothing. after a while, I realized that I should click on the buttons instead of the arrow picture. the arrow picture is kinda like scrollbar, that's the reason why I did click it. :lol:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#75 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

CheeryMoya wrote: In terms of art, I can't help but turn away when the characters make a certain face (particularly the blushing and surprised expressions). They look less than natural to me, and I can't convince myself that animeland is the reason for it.
Can you please elaborate? I'm not that sure what you mean and I can't fix it if I don't ^_^'
IchigoNeko wrote:Hey there! Judging from the glowing contents I am really going to enjoy this game--quick question though; it looks like there are a few girl characters besides Lily. Is there a yuri/lesbian option by any chance?

EDIT: ...nevermind.
I'm sorry! I actually do feel a little bad for this since everything else was covered ;_; It was a combination of time restrictions and the fact it doesn't really go with generic otome tropes.
While neither of us are as interested in GxG (just in terms of character interactions, I think we are drawn to differentness that is male) Camille has written/is writing GxG in another project somewhere else so it is something I would like to include at some point. I have no problem drawing it after all, and then we would have covered all four romance demographics ^_^

@9:19 OMG XDDDDDDDDD I laughed so much. Just the... the expressions XD So great! The set up of it is hilarious as well. I can image the scene playing out like that. Thank you! Thank you so much!
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.