Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012] +German translation

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: Ristorante Amore [NaNoRenO 2012]

#16 Post by Hijiri »

I have to say, this was enjoyable especially:
The dencostruction of romance games in general. It's also amusing to see things from the character's point of view. I'm sure they've delt with a lot of stuff. Also, my brain imploded with Ethan's Post-Prolouge ending.
Though the beginning was a bit too...otome-ish for my liking, I made it through.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#17 Post by Camille »

A quick note!
The biggest complaint I've seen so far is the inability to get to options/preferences from within the game, but you can actually pull up the preferences at any time by pressing the P button on your keyboard. There are other keybindings for save, load, etc... Just read the help.txt file or watch the help scene(s) from the main menu and all shall be explained. :3

Aaaand now to replies.... I hope everyone's enjoying the game so far. <3
Ryouko wrote:Oh, by the way, there's a tiny mistake - when you choose to help Pierre during your lunch break, he says "You're so considerate, Lily" even when you change your name.
Ahhhh how did I miss that? T_T Thanks for telling me. I'm glad you like the game so far and I'll be awaiting more comments. :3
Magicprincess20 wrote:Thank you so much for your answer Auro-Cyanide, I tottaly loved this game, The characther whas amasing to, The grapic and sound whas very good to, Yes the whole game whas amasing, I have a question for you, are you gonna upload a walktrough near future?
Thank you! I will probably put up a walkthrough in another week or two... We want to give people a good chance to play the game normally.

Just pay attention to how the characters respond to your choices in the post-prologue and it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what to tell them. You get the normal ending/CG by having a tie, so just randomly pick different characters' choices and you should be able to stumble upon it.

Note: None of the choices in the prologue matter. You will always get the same ending once you're on a certain character's route.
(that is, in fact, making a statement about the nature of these sorts of games, so it was done on purpose)
krasotka1 wrote:Yes, I'm interested in it, too ^.^ This game has a lot of endings and it's "a little" hard to get all of them ^.^
By the way, so far the game looks great! I really enjoy it >.< I'm doing Ethan's path first and I reaally like it :DD
I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Ethan's path is the longest one. XD Look forward to a walkthrough being posted in another week or two, but I'm sure you can get all 9 endings if you pay close attention to the characters. :3
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Well it took me a while to finish all the game!!
And I must say I enjoyed playing both the prologue and the post prologue
Although at first I was a bit upset by hwo the post prologue started and ended like but I ended up liking it! :P
So good job on making this game and been able to release at 1st of april:D!!!!

But I am still upset that Liam is gay!! He was deffinitely very handsome to be true xD
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. XD
And yeah, doesn't it seem as if the best guys are always either taken or gay? (or both?) Just a fact of life. Though it can be argued as to whether Liam is really gay or he's really just Josh-sexual.
aestate wrote:I initially felt so trolled by the post-prologue but then I got more into it and MAN WAS IT FANTASTIC.
RistoAmo is definitely not your run-of-the-mill VN and why is everything just soooo pretty. ;A;
Also, I sent in a really fangirly survey response hahaha.

Congrats on writing 60K words, having really legit CGs / sprites / GUI, and completing the game in a month!
Thank you so much for filling out the survey! ;_; It warmed my cold, robot heart. <3 I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. I was reading your responses to the survey and was like "Wow, this person really GETS IT." It's people like you who make me glad to be a VN creator, so thank you so much. <3
Ginger wrote:I was totally put off by the prologue at first, but once getting more into the game, I absolutely loved it! I seriously can't believe you guys are humans though for doing this is a month though........
I tried to make the prologue short because I didn't want to spend too much time on it (for obvious reasons) but I'm glad you got through it and were able to enjoy the rest of the game. XD And yeah it has been a very rough month. I intend on spending a lot of April sleeping. XD;;
KissOfDeath wrote:This game was totally not what I expected plotwise but...

THAT'S WHY I LOVE IT! GREAT JOB xD
Ooh yay! :D I'm really glad that you love it. <3
Hijiri wrote:I have to say, this was enjoyable especially:
The dencostruction of romance games in general. It's also amusing to see things from the character's point of view. I'm sure they've delt with a lot of stuff. Also, my brain imploded with Ethan's Post-Prolouge ending.
Though the beginning was a bit too...otome-ish for my liking, I made it through.
Thanks! XD
Haha the prologue was supposed to be an extreme example of an otome game at its finest (worst??). Honestly, you're actually not meant to like it. ^^;; I purposely wrote so much misogyny and other stupid stuff into it that, well, yeah. You're not supposed to like it. XD; So it's okay that you found it hard to get through. It was actually very difficult for me to write it at times because I was facepalming so much, especially in Liam's route. @_@
Anyway, thank you for playing! :3 I know otome isn't usually your cup of tea (no pun intended), so thanks for giving RisAmo a chance.

Arcanum
Veteran

#18 Post by Arcanum »

I love you so much… *attaches to game and never let go* I was honestly fooled by the prologue and thought it to be some cute, yet generic otome game XD Best april's fool joke I've been presented to. I've not looked at the page before playing and I was all "WTF IS THAT" when the post prologue started, but after the initial surprise I got over it to enjoy the game even more~

In all honesty, I did love the prologue for all its classic otome-ness, but I did end up loving the characters' personalities in the post-prologue. Even on how close they seemed to be to their "game" counterparts! Okay, okay, I didn't got past anything but Ethan's route (I feel like a real failure, I've tried changing my choices multiple times, but I figure it's the two first questions that are locking me up in his path - and I was going for Liam!), but his dedication to his studies really make a cool paralell to his game character, and even Pierre, with his interest in cooking… I'll try the other characters' paths before saying more, though.

TY for the splendid work on that game! It's a so very original *g* And very addictive!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Camille »

@Arcanum: So glad you enjoy it! *_* I was worried the switch between prologue to post-prologue would throw people off too much, but it seems like it worked out pretty well. XD

Are you having trouble getting on Liam's path in the prologue or the post-prologue? I can probably give you a few hints that should make things easier if you're having a lot of trouble getting to him. :3

Arcanum
Veteran

#20 Post by Arcanum »

I'm trouble getting any ending other than Ethan's in the post prologue…
(I thought maybe it were because I picked him in the prologue. I honestly *LOVED* all the talk about the players of otome games… I was laughing my ass off when they started to talking about what kind of girl went for guys like him. I had to pick "the masochistic type" XD But anyway, then I read the prologue didn't influence the endings, so >0>

I've got both of Ethan's endings, and a neutral ending, where I think my route between him and Liam were split. That was around the time when I delivered Liam's lunch last. If I asked him if he felt he could relate, neutral, if the other option, Ethan o0o!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Camille »

@Arcanum:
Yeah, the prologue doesn't affect the post-prologue at all. XD It's just there for comparison purposes. But I'm glad you enjoyed that. /o/

To get on Liam's path, probably the very first choice in the post-prologue is the most important and the least obvious. The choice that gives him the +1 point (and unlocks another choice between Liam and Laura that only exists if you make *this* choice first) is the one where he's the only other character that appears until you reach the restaurant. During the "go home or stay behind" choice trees, none of those will lead to a Liam point, but you should still be able to get on Liam's path with no problem as long as you pick every correct Liam answer in other situations. (because then he'll have four points, while everyone else will only have one or two) For the lunch delivery part, the *last* person is the one that matters, but you still have to pick the correct choice when prompted. Though if you've done things properly up to that point, that last choice shouldn't matter so much.
I hope that helps!

Arcanum
Veteran

#22 Post by Arcanum »

Thanks Camille! I probably got a wrong choice back, so starting from te beginning should do the trick <3 I'll be back when I finish the other routes.
Also, thanks for being willing to post the rpy further down the line… Your works are all brilliant, so I'm sure it'll be exra helpful (it's like a dream come true XD~)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#23 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

aestate wrote:I initially felt so trolled by the post-prologue but then I got more into it and MAN WAS IT FANTASTIC.
Eh, it's Nanoreno tradition XD Might have to do with April 1st being release date, I dunno.

I'm really grateful to everyone who has played the game and especially to the people who sent in response. Seriously, they are amazingly useful to read. I love you guys so much ;^; I'm really happy people enjoyed the game, plot twist and all. It was a lot of fun to make.
Good thing we actually have an otome planned for the future >_> <_<
Also, I DEMAND EVERYONE GETS LIAM'S BAD ENDING!!! It's my favourite scene, and while the bad endings didn't get CGs I really wanted to do a CG, so I did a sketch, I thinks it's in the bonus stuff AND EVERYONE HAS TO PLAY IT. *huff huff* ...No seriously, it's an awesome scene.

Soli-chan
Projects: Starlocket, PAPER FACES, Avrilun, Halcyon Days, Macrumbia: Interlude of the Dreaming
Organization: s00t studi0s

#24 Post by Soli-chan »

Attempted to download previously but can't unzip. Not discouraged atall, here's my second go!
And HOHOHO no worries. I will definitely make thoughts known/write review etc once finished and done cogitating.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#25 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Soli-chan wrote:Attempted to download previously but can't unzip. Not discouraged atall, here's my second go!
And HOHOHO no worries. I will definitely make thoughts known/write review etc once finished and done cogitating.
If you are having trouble downloading from the main server, try the mediafire version :)

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#26 Post by Hijiri »

Auro-Cyanide wrote: Also, I DEMAND EVERYONE GETS LIAM'S BAD ENDING!!! It's my favourite scene, and while the bad endings didn't get CGs I really wanted to do a CG, so I did a sketch, I thinks it's in the bonus stuff AND EVERYONE HAS TO PLAY IT. *huff huff* ...No seriously, it's an awesome scene.
If there is
Yandere Liam
this will suddenly become my 3rd favorite EVN game.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Soli-chan
Projects: Starlocket, PAPER FACES, Avrilun, Halcyon Days, Macrumbia: Interlude of the Dreaming
Organization: s00t studi0s

#27 Post by Soli-chan »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:If you are having trouble downloading from the main server, try the mediafire version :)
Heh, yep! That's the route I went because nothing will stop me from getting this one. Partly interested because YES FOOD AND JOB AND SO MANY OF MY BUTTONS HAVE BEEN PRICKED but uh, yeah. >w> Thanks very much <3

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Camille »

@Hijiri:
If I'd had more time, I would've loved to write more bad endings and yanderes and that sort of thing. ;A; But this game is mostly fluff, so it couldn't really be helped. I will note that this is probably going to be one of the few VNs Auro and I ever make where nobody dies (at least, not on-screen). If anyone's going to be a yandere, though, Liam's definitely got the most potential. He is perhaps more than a little obsessed.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#29 Post by teacup »

Hmm, I got this error:
File "game/script2.rpy", line 5802, in script
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable

While nearing the end of Liam's romantic path [just after the CG]. Pressing ignore a few times dismisses it, but I just thought I'd point it out.
I haven't got any other endings yet, but whoaa, the twist... I wasn't expecting it. At all o_o
I'm kind of in shock so I'm not really sure how to feel XD But still, this game is so polished for something done in a month. I could never hope to achieve something like this in years, let alone a single month!

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#30 Post by Joey »

Just wanted to say, congrats on release! It's an amazingly professional job and -- despite getting trolled -- I absolutely adored it x3
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr