Nanolife 1.2 [NaNoRenO 2012] [PC + Android] + German!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Nanolife [NaNoRenO 2012]

#61 Post by Anna »

Apparently, the rest of my team got some godly powers during the last couple of days and handed me the newest versions of Nanolife right now XD! These versions contain bugfixes for the people who contacted us earlier about them: Windows, cross-platform, Mac.

I'll put them up in the first post too~
Last edited by Anna on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

applegirl
Veteran

Re: Nanolife 1.1 [NaNoRenO 2012]

#62 Post by applegirl »

Very original, fun, and interesting. Wonderful job, I'm impressed you guys did this in a month. The art is adorable and the story surprised me with the depth and direction it had. Aselia's path was surprisingly touching and I adored the final ending.

Bravo. A visual novel like this is a testament to your group's skill and I know I will be eagerly awaiting your next release.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#63 Post by Anna »

applegirl wrote:Bravo. A visual novel like this is a testament to your group's skill and I know I will be eagerly awaiting your next release.
Thanks! I think we improved a lot since our first project, which is really fun to see. We'll do our best to make the next project better as well!

On another note, we made a video of the first few minutes of Nanolife! It has commentary done by us too, which is... totally not scripted at some parts 8D! Also, this is real proof that female scripters do exist.

[youtube]CspynKtIHsM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Denglish, Denglish everywhere! And it seems we can't say 'yeah' properly XD.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Applegate »

I was determined not to play many NaNoRenO stories, and then someone linked me that video and I got interested. I stayed because your accent is positively funny (no offence intended), and then afterwards because the AI was, uh, adorably cute.

That it was written in a month is noticeable as there are some plot holes left and right, and some typos and such, but that doesn't take away that I enjoyed sitting down with this.

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#65 Post by Androol »

Just did the survival ending.
Only one critic, i want more :lol:

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#66 Post by Egressus »

Uuuuuu
KEFFEEE
You're amazing and you sound like coffee
/please ignore her she's mentally unstable

Z-Law is a win.
The awkward name part is adorable. (Probably Keeffe's way of talking)
AND KEEFFE
(There's a chance I'll be spending most of tomorrow fangirling)

Ahem.
I rather like the direction you take with the story, with all the AI and questions (After I read that the philosophical questions don't matter, I chose what I thought was right). Iris's... Uh, I'm not as enthusiastic about her as most people do. She's just not my type (I like quiet ones). Alesia was... tragic, I guess. What Chaz did was a bit stupid and sad in my opinion, but then I really like Alesia, despite the creepiness of the ending. As for the third ending, I think my spazz above is enough?

One question-- how did a lv 99 Admin almost get defeated by something that a lv 76 can kill? :p
And can I have a description of IRL Keeffe? You can make it up. I promise I won't act like a creep and try to find him.
Hiatus of hiatuses

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#67 Post by Mini_Moshi »

This was a wonderful game! The art looks beautiful and the story is interesting and engaging.

I can't believe how cute all the characters looked! And there's so many little details, like how you can click on the skills and items and see the description.

The true ending is definitely awesome!

Seriously, this game made my day. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to make it!

Mouldy_Cheese_Error

#68 Post by Mouldy_Cheese_Error »

Well, I kind of signed up on the forum just to say this; awesome work guys! :D I really liked Nanolife! It's easily the cutest VN around. ^.~ Although I have to say Alesia's ending saddened me quite a bit... :( Still, Zale/Keffee's ending more than made up for it. :D

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Anna »

Awww, thanks a lot everyone <3! We're so happy people are enjoying this little VN.
Egressus wrote:
One question-- how did a lv 99 Admin almost get defeated by something that a lv 76 can kill? :p
And can I have a description of IRL Keeffe? You can make it up. I promise I won't act like a creep and try to find him.
During that part in the VN it's explained like this:
1) Monsters developed as well and some became even stronger than the admin.
2) Zale has been training a lot, so he's not necessarily the lv. 76 moderator anymore.
As for the irl description of Keeffe... let your imagination go wild, because we don't have one for him~ Though if you ask me, he's a handsome young man who looks like the Keeffe in the MMO :D.

theOldDog

#70 Post by theOldDog »

For what it's worth- I downloaded and installed Nanolife, and received a message that I needed to update to a newer version of Java, did that- and the game played, but excruciatingly slowly. I mean really slow, probably 25 seconds to rewrite the text after clicking. Played around with the settings, and the solution (for me) was to check the "emulate legacy GPU" box in the Java console panel in control panel. Not sure why, my computer is 64-bit, multicore, and the graphics card is not THAT old! Nonetheless, if you have a problem with Java, try this...

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#71 Post by Anna »

theOldDog wrote:For what it's worth- I downloaded and installed Nanolife, and received a message that I needed to update to a newer version of Java, did that- and the game played, but excruciatingly slowly. I mean really slow, probably 25 seconds to rewrite the text after clicking. Played around with the settings, and the solution (for me) was to check the "emulate legacy GPU" box in the Java console panel in control panel. Not sure why, my computer is 64-bit, multicore, and the graphics card is not THAT old! Nonetheless, if you have a problem with Java, try this...
Oh wow. Could you send your error and info files to me? It would be a big help! Here's where you can find them:

Go into the installation folder of Nanolife, there you see the 'save' folder. In there you find the files 'sysinfo.txt' and 'error.log'. Either attach these to a message here or e-mail them to me at pegasi(at)weeaboo.nl

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#72 Post by michi 18 »

cool im gonna download this later
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

Veniae
Veteran

#73 Post by Veniae »

This was so adorable! I completely fell in love with this game, it was very well done. It's so impressive that you managed to complete it in a month! You guys are amazing.

After I downloaded it, I couldn't not play it through, even stayed in the wee hours to get the last ending. It was totally worth it! I like how the game is both cavity-inducing cute and thought provoking. While I didn't fully understand the idea in Iris's ending, it became clear to me on the other routes. The Alesia path was so sad. ;-;

Also, Keeffe is the best character! *U* I really liked his development and the sprite was the cutest thing ever! (Actually, all of the sprites were. Seriously. I wanted to hug the living hell outta them. Their expressions were so good, too!)

Ahem. Great job, guys! <3

keke-chan

#74 Post by keke-chan »

This is such a lovely game (: I just finished all 3 routes and I was disappointed that the game was over :( The art is so cute and I love Iris :D Looking forward to all your future projects!

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#75 Post by Anna »

Nanolife now also has an Android version, because Android is fun :D! For those who are interested, take a peek here.