Nanolife 1.2 [NaNoRenO 2012] [PC + Android] + German!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Nanolife [NaNoRenO 2012]

#16 Post by Anna »

DiamondRoseTears wrote:Yeah I finally did it :P Few...
Now I'm able to play it!!
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Haha, that's great! I guess it was the Java, huh :3?

Have fun playing!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#17 Post by clua »

Im playing it right now...;_; why is this cute??!ºqº
Swordy level of noobness is indeed cute...But the part when he questions about death makes me think somebody is going to die lol...Iris is so adorable...Im a sucker for cute things my head is melting on each scene
I will come back when I get one of the endings wee
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#18 Post by Victoria »

For some reason, Mediafire doesn't allow me to download it, neither one of the links... :?
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Anna »

What the heck is going on with Mediafire... I don't get it, it works fine for me ;_;. Does it tell you anything about the reason at all? Could it be the pop-up for the download gets blocked by your browser or something?

I can't attach the installer here since it's too large, but perhaps they work on my own mediafire account?

here's a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7x28ygc22qbvr2y

Tell me if it still doesn't work and make sure pop-ups don't get blocked. I'll discuss in what other ways to upload the file if this doesn't work. Also, I checked my installation folder and I think the installer is cross-platform since it contains .command files and such as well for Mac. So you can just download this file.

AxemRed
Veteran

#20 Post by AxemRed »

Mediafire sometimes does that. I also had trouble downloading this morning, but it fixed itself after a hours.

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#21 Post by Victoria »

It's (kind of) downloading right now, the speed is extremely slow, but at least it seems to be working. I tried it before a couple of times, but then nothing would pop up and it would show either "Still not downloading? Try again" or "It seems that your connection timed out". It wasn't a problem with a browser as I tried a couple of them with the same result. Then I tried to download another game (also on the mediafire) and it seemed to work just fine, so I went back to your links and it didn't work again. Weird.
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#22 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Anna wrote:
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Yeah I finally did it :P Few...
Now I'm able to play it!!
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Haha, that's great! I guess it was the Java, huh :3?

Have fun playing!
Yeah it might have been the java although I thought I had it!

I must say that i reall had fun playing it!!
And "Chaz" was so sweet!!!
And of caurse my favorite ending was the third!!!

Thanks a lot for making this game! :D
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

Takanashi
Regular

#23 Post by Takanashi »

I'm playing this right now and I think you guys did an amazing work! Such quality artwork! The UI is pretty amazing and the characters are all adorable. *loads game to pet kitty*

Maltagliati
Regular
Projects: Lotus, Driftwood

#24 Post by Maltagliati »

I played it and thought it was great! I loved the art (which was ultra cute), the music, and the idea of a MMORPG you guys used for this VN. I thought it was really sweet with the little touches here and there, and of them all I really liked Alesia's route. xDD

bd648

#25 Post by bd648 »

i really enjoyed this VN quite a bit. I am very impressed with the writing because im not used to being in a position where i make decisions while knowing all that is going on for someone who knows nothing about what is going on.
Also... favorite path was free will.

Riku
Regular

#26 Post by Riku »

I'd ust finished! I was a MMORPG addict when I was in highschool, so I really like the concept. The character design is cute and well done. The main characters lovable (I particulary like Zale). On the whole this is a really cute game who putting smile on your face.

Great job! Have luck in your futur projects! :D

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#27 Post by clua »

I finished it!!..well I finished it actually in the morning XD
I really liked it a lot ;_: I felt so sad when I get the first ending and Chaz was delated...
I think the theme is very interesting, and makes me wonder to which point AI would advance in the game industry...Specially on enemies/Boss AI
The second ending...make me sad too!! ;_;---Because in the end she was gaining concience. it felt like she was trapped inside..It break my heart a little
Of course the last path was rewarding, I wish he could had regained his first body he had but It doesnt matter much!
My only complaint...or maybe it isnt considering that my pc isnt that fast but the way that letters appear annoyed me a little bit...But I dont know if it was because my pc is slow orz
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Patty
Regular
Completed: Letters for You, Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks
Projects: Paradox

#28 Post by Patty »

Done playing! :)

The GUI was awesome. It was so detailed and...clicky (lots of stuff to click). The color scheme went well with the game.

I also loved the art. The character designs were cute, the backgrounds were interesting, and I love the details of the equipments. (And character animations!) The enemies were adorable as well.

Iris Path
Loved tsun!neko, so adorable <3 Iris's path was fun, battling the witch. (I went evil and lead the thieving players to the witch, hehe)
Aselia Path
Aselia's path was actually painful to read for me. It's sad because she has lines and can't stand up to herself, but I also felt like Chaz was going delusional. Sad path, but not my favorite.
Zale Path

Definitely my favorite. Cleared up lots of things about the story, and the ending was satisfying. I <3 Keefe and want to see how he looks like in real life! :D It also had the happiest ending, which I loved.

Question though, what happens when the player gets his electricity back? He'd want to play the game.. but then his character became an AI... Could he get access to the AI world? Or would he have to make an account again?
Definitely an interesting game with interesting themes. I found myself asking some of the questions to myself. :) Nice job, and looking forward to your other games! <3
Letters for You [KN] [NaNoRenO 2012] : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14271

Paradox [NaNoReNo 2013] WIP: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19714

Museum Adventure: The Ascension of Huks http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28476

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#29 Post by TsukiShima »

I've also done playing the game, and my oh my, it was really short, cute, and just amazing! When I know that I can click all the attacks, I was worried that I might be up for a real battle (I tend to panic easily). The music was cute as well, I really enjoyed it, I felt no tension through out the game.

The GUI was certainly the best, it took me awhile to see the colors change, but I did noticed it anyway! The art itself is cute, love the colorful background and love the cute characters as well! xD What I like the most is
the background of the ultimate battle with Orion.
Man, that was just epic, it seemed so real for a Boss. Seriously, I can't find any mistakes on this part.
I guess, like everyone else, the most painful route for me to go through is Aselia's. It's even sad for me after knowing that Chaz is gone after Aselia finally gaining her own will. It's not my favorite route, but you might be surprised that I played that route again after finishing the game, just to see Chaz and Aselia again. ^^;

The best for me was the last route, I was happy when finally someone smart enough to figure out that Chaz was not a player, and someone kind enough to help him understand better! (I already noticed the kindness he displayed on Aselia's route). You are brilliant to be able to come out with this idea.

Not much comment on Iris's route, since hers is quite simple. But I felt that the ending was a bit too fast. Before Chaz was confuse, then when he was banned, he took over the Archer's sprite, which surprised me, did he figured out that he was an AI already?
If I do have any suggestion? Add on more on the Extras! I feel that it isn't enough for me to see ;A; Sketches, or anything!

Congratulation on finishing this game for NaNoRenO, and congratulation on making such a great game!

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Anna »

Oh wow, didn't expect this much! Thanks everyone, let me answer some of your questions/remarks :).
Victoria wrote:It's (kind of) downloading right now, the speed is extremely slow, but at least it seems to be working. I tried it before a couple of times, but then nothing would pop up and it would show either "Still not downloading? Try again" or "It seems that your connection timed out". It wasn't a problem with a browser as I tried a couple of them with the same result. Then I tried to download another game (also on the mediafire) and it seemed to work just fine, so I went back to your links and it didn't work again. Weird.
Did it work out in the end? I'd rather not upload it elsewhere, because most sites have advertisements hell and work less easily/require me to make another account.
clua wrote: My only complaint...or maybe it isnt considering that my pc isnt that fast but the way that letters appear annoyed me a little bit...But I dont know if it was because my pc is slow orz
Do you mean the speed with which the letters appear? It's set to normal right now, but if you want to adjust it, just right click in the game or play in windowed mode and you will see a more specific menu at the top of the screen. One of the tabs there is called 'Text', click this and highlight 'Text speed'. You can adjust it there!

Thanks for playing, I'm happy you found it enjoyable, even if it was a little sad here and there ^^.
Patty wrote:
Zale Path

Definitely my favorite. Cleared up lots of things about the story, and the ending was satisfying. I <3 Keefe and want to see how he looks like in real life! :D It also had the happiest ending, which I loved.

Question though, what happens when the player gets his electricity back? He'd want to play the game.. but then his character became an AI... Could he get access to the AI world? Or would he have to make an account again?
Keeffe is an awesome handsome young man who fights for justice, even in real life! *shot, but still likes thinking that*

As for the player, he actually appeared in the Alesia route :)! That was the player who took over Chaz. So basically, after his electricity returned, the player found out his character file was corrupted and couldn't use it. So, he made another character which looked alike and then started playing the game with that one instead.
HanaMori wrote:
I guess, like everyone else, the most painful route for me to go through is Aselia's. It's even sad for me after knowing that Chaz is gone after Aselia finally gaining her own will. It's not my favorite route, but you might be surprised that I played that route again after finishing the game, just to see Chaz and Aselia again. ^^;
Wow, I did not expect that no XD! I'm happy haha. And yes, I knew this would be a painful route, but it was interesting for me to write, and that's why I made the last route a happy ending and Iris' route less sad :).
HanaMori wrote:
The best for me was the last route, I was happy when finally someone smart enough to figure out that Chaz was not a player, and someone kind enough to help him understand better! (I already noticed the kindness he displayed on Aselia's route). You are brilliant to be able to come out with this idea.

Not much comment on Iris's route, since hers is quite simple. But I felt that the ending was a bit too fast. Before Chaz was confuse, then when he was banned, he took over the Archer's sprite, which surprised me, did he figured out that he was an AI already?
I'm so glad you enjoyed the last route and noticed his personality in her route too <3~

And aah, I knew something was bugging me about the ending! I was thinking that it may be a bit sudden because I didn't really foreshadow that ability enough. And yes it happened a little quickly. Thanks a lot for letting me know, in future works I'll make sure to watch out more for these things.
HanaMori wrote: If I do have any suggestion? Add on more on the Extras! I feel that it isn't enough for me to see ;A; Sketches, or anything!
Hahaha, I'm so sorry XD! We wanted to add so many extras, but in the end we barely made the deadline. This extra was made by K-chan/the scripter who creatively used the sprites and such, because I really really had no time to add anything ;_;~ For our next work I'll be sure to add tons of extras (already noted that down), since we won't have such an absurd deadline.

-----

Thanks a lot everyone <3! You guys made me so incredibly motivated that I immediately used all the feedback on our next work (which is already in production~) and started plotting more cool stuff for it. Aah, so happy~