Legend of the Piper Girl v1.2- mystery,"music" hidden object

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Onionchan

Re: Legend of the Piper Girl [Supernatural, hidden object]

#16 Post by Onionchan »

Thank you for the quick and helpful fix! I just have one last problem, sorry if this sounds so noobish T___T But well, I made it past the rocks (where you have to play 3 pieces) and got the last piece. But when I tried playing the last piece in town by clicking Larry's shop, it simply said that I made a mistake :S I tried playing all the siren's pieces, and they all got the same result. I then received the "bad ending".

I'm not sure if it's just me :S

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#17 Post by VenusEclipse »

Hmmm... I'm trying to reproduce that. ^^;
I still get a story after choosing Larry's shop from the play option in town. That's exactly what you did, right?

Edit: Oh wait, it's not a bug. It's my fault for not missing one part in the walkthrough. I just updated it. You must go to the waterfall first and play the last piece there. XD
Sorry about that. Thanks for telling me. ^^;

greenheartnellie
Regular

#18 Post by greenheartnellie »

Ashurei wrote:greenheartnellie: If memory serves...
For that part you have to play another music sheet or two to shift the rocks around, which then blocks the waterfall. I can't remember which colours though, I just went through all of them until something happened. xD
Thank you! Haha I got so frustrated earlier and I thought I missed doing something else but I don't know what. I'll finish the game tomorrow/later (coz it's like 1:33am as I am writing this) xD

VenusEclipse: Thanks for the walkthrough as well :D
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

EternalDandelions

#19 Post by EternalDandelions »

VenusEclipse wrote:To OnionChan: Did the day end first? Did you go back to grandpa's house and then go to sleep? When I look at the traceback, I see you're on ch 3 in the game so your second day did end. And did you play something for the crash or did the crash just happened after getting the item? The exact time helps since every event and crash depends on what just happened.^_^
I found them. They'll be fixed in the new upload. People aren't supposed to select specific items to play at in the guestroom.

To Anstarx: You can still play through the game. Just avoid playing anything in the guestroom. Nothing really happens in there except Gray sleeping and understanding his background more. ^_^ Follow the walkthrough if stuck.
New: I fixed this since it's the same problem OnionChan has even if it doesn't seem like it. It'll be in the new upload.

If you don't want to redownload, You can finish the VN even if there are errors or crashes.
Just follow the walkthrough here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Quick Walkthrough:
After getting the first music
Day 2
-Go back to grandpa's first
-Play third piece in town, by the second shop
-Play fourth piece on the bridge

Day 3
-Unlock beach area by talking to townie
-Play pieces by rocks there to find fifth beach
-Play fifth piece by statue

Day 4
-Search grandpa's to find sixth piece
-Go to forest to play sixth piece
-There's 3 pieces in this water area to play. The tremours mean you play that piece after a different piece so choose another piece if you get tremors but nothing happened.
-Go to the waterfall, play the piece you found
-Play last piece in town, clicking Larry's shop

- The rest is just straight talking and moving.
Again, apologizes for difficulty despite the fact I lowered the difficulty level during testing. Some people breezed passed it easily while some didn't. ^_^
omg yay walkthrough ;A; i was stuck for hours lol :)

Anstarx

#20 Post by Anstarx »

VenusEclipse wrote: You can still play through the game. Just avoid playing anything in the guestroom. Nothing really happens in there except Gray sleeping and understanding his background more. ^_^
Yeah I figured it out. I actually finished the game and I have to say that it was really good! Best part? The music. I really enjoyed it, good work :D

EternalDandelions

#21 Post by EternalDandelions »

I am stuck...
After you leave Chakeyra in beach and finish asking her questions, what are you supposed to do next?
EDIT: nevermind i got the ending... it was amazing QAQ
the story was deeper than i expected OuO

greenheartnellie
Regular

#22 Post by greenheartnellie »

I finished it! Yay! I love the story so much, VenusEclipse :D
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

Connie
Regular

#23 Post by Connie »

YESS! I'm pumped for this! I can't wait to try it out! Frozen Essence was amazing! I have to try to ASAP.

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#24 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thank you all for your comments and I'm glad you like the story. \^_^/;

To Anstarx
Yes, the music is a big part of the game so I had to make sure it fit all moments. I had to sorta beg for custom audio to be made in such a short period of time. xD!

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#25 Post by kara24601 »

Usually I have a love-hate thing for "hidden object" games because the art and stories are almost always so good but since they're "hidden object" games the "playing" part is crap so it makes the game something that makes me mad especially since most hidden object games cost money and I hate how hard they make most of those kind of games - in my opinion most of the games that are hidden object games should've been fantasy rpg / adventure or whatever not a hidden object game. That being said I ended up enjoying this, I was half-expecting a tougher game but thankfully it was nowhere near as frustrating as most "hidden object" games are. Of course the best part is I didn't even have to worry about this turning out to be a demo , it is a full game and a free one at that! The art is not like most "hidden object" games so those looking for a hidden object game with a different kind of art should not be disappointed. I enjoyed the story.

Oh, and this game was a lot easier than Frozen Essence too. I love FE but for some reason I keep having trouble getting every little cg or whatever in the bonus / extras section. LOL

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#26 Post by Coren »

Hmm, even without the violin Gray can for some reason play his original violin song.

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#27 Post by VenusEclipse »

To kara24601:
Thank you for replying. I didn't want to make this hidden object system too hard for the time it was made in, and to have the difficulty ruin the immersion of the story.

To Kirroha:
Do you remember exactly where you tried to play and after which specific event? I have to disable it after every event on my part so it's hard for me to pinpoint it. Thanks.
And do you have version 1.2?

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#28 Post by Coren »

Yep I have version 1.2. I can't really pinpoint where exactly it was, sorry, but just to tell you.

It's a really interesting story, but the way. I swore I cried when
Mason died
. I really like these kinds of grandfather-resembles-grandson stories too. Like Umineko.

cuttlefish
Regular

Re: Legend of the Piper Girl v1.2- mystery,"music" hidden ob

#29 Post by cuttlefish »

Played v1.3, and enjoyed it thoroughly :) At first I couldn't figure out how to "Search",
but once I got over that, I had fun reading the story and figuring out the music and hidden object puzzles.

Not sure if these will ever be corrected, but there were a few code typos:
1. In Mason's flashback, Gray was used for a line of dialogue once (Gray's side sprite popped up).
2. Sometime after you visit Mason's place with Chakeyra again (I think), Chakeyra's name is used for Gray's dialogue for a short bit.
They were a bit distracting, but didn't detract much from the overall experience.

The one thing I felt could use the most improvement was
Chakeyra's voice. She didn't sound as alluring as she should have, in my opinion,
and that broke some of the immersion for me.
Overall, wonderful game.

helenburns

Re: Legend of the Piper Girl v1.2- mystery,"music" hidden ob

#30 Post by helenburns »

This is a stunning game and certainly deserves more views. The original soundtrack is a work of beauty and I have gained a tremendous amount of enjoyment from the listening of it. The story is wonderful and I liked the character of the Siren. She is beautiful and sad. I have expected the Orange Girl to be the evil person and the game has subverted my expectations. All the characters have amazing relationships. I will give 5 stars in total.