Embraced By Green

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#31 Post by mikey »

Ayato Vu wrote:Homicidal feelings rising. Must find outlet for anger... be back later...
*gulp* This is turning out to be a second Transfer Teacher :?

Anyway, help is here!
Press Shift+K for an indicator at the top of the screen.

Ayato Vu
Regular

#32 Post by Ayato Vu »

mikey wrote:
Ayato Vu wrote:Homicidal feelings rising. Must find outlet for anger... be back later...
*gulp* This is turning out to be a second Transfer Teacher :?

Anyway, help is here!
Press Shift+K for an indicator at the top of the screen.
*shrug* I've done it give or take 50 times ^_^
Just cuz some (me) get frustrated doesnt mean its bad ^_^
I dont plan on using THAT yet ^^;; I wanna see how far i can get afore I use THAT ^_^

Thank you tho ^_^

Oh btw, is that harpsicord for the first song? I played it on the piano, and it sounded really familiar. ^_^

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#33 Post by monele »

You are... very... patient @_@;...

Ayato Vu
Regular

#34 Post by Ayato Vu »

I HAVE DONE IT WITH OUT THE SHIFT AND ALL!!!!!
I just tried EVERY combination possible. I think I did it around 80~100 times. ^_^ *punches anythig soft*

YEAH!!!
Wow... I cant believe how well the storyline turned out. I NEVER would have guess that it was all becuase of that. And BTW what did shift k do? I tried it after beating the vn, and it did nothing O.o
[/quote]

Anyways...
That was a pretty good game. I'd give it a 9/10. ^_^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by mikey »

Wow, you are unbelievable, congratulations! Most people would simply give up and say it's a bad game. It's nice to see your kind of attitude :P

And...
Shift+K puts an indicator at the top of the screen, it counts the choices that are positive for Yumiko and science. As for "mistakes", you can make two non-Yumiko and two non-science choices and still get the good ending. If you make more non-Yumi or non-science choices (choose "mystery or paranormal"), your score will be too low and you'll remain embraced by green ^_^
Thanks for playing!

Ayato Vu
Regular

#36 Post by Ayato Vu »

mikey wrote:Wow, you are unbelievable, congratulations! Most people would simply give up and say it's a bad game. It's nice to see your kind of attitude :P

And...
Shift+K puts an indicator at the top of the screen, it counts the choices that are positive for Yumiko and science. As for "mistakes", you can make two non-Yumiko and two non-science choices and still get the good ending. If you make more non-Yumi or non-science choices (choose "mystery or paranormal"), your score will be too low and you'll remain embraced by green ^_^
Thanks for playing!
So I was right about the count thing? O.o Yey!
remember, I did give up on transfer teacher tho ;P

And keep hem coming and ill keep on playing ^_^

Jarkota
Regular

#37 Post by Jarkota »

Okay - I just tried playing through this for the FIFTIETH TIME, and for the FIFTIETH TIME I've gotten the bad ending. I've tried the Shift+K thing, but I see no indicator appearing *anywhere* on the screen. I tried Shift+K at the menu screen, at the first game screen, at thetitle screen, and at the screen right after the title screen. No indicator. Normally, being an avid gamer who's had his share of losses in games, I wouldn't even mention this, but I'm not accustomed to so much failure on one game. (To put it bluntly, my first run-through of the Water Temple in The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time was completed without a walkthrough or cheat device and with *far* less time and aggravation.) Congrats on making a challenging game, though; it *has* been a long time since any game has vexed me in such a manner, and I tip my hat to you for doing with the Ren'Py engine what Nintendo ultimately failed to do with Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and the two GameCube Metroid Prime games. (Might I suggest reccomending this to your state's governor as a potential addition to the judicial system? A few hours of trying to beat this particular title just might scare a few criminals straight. :p)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#38 Post by PyTom »

Pressing shift+K, after you have started the game, will show a picture of Kilroy, and will also show two numbers that give the values of the two scores in the game. Do you see those numbers? If not, your monitor may be misconfigured... try hitting f to take it out of full-screen mode, and maybe raise the brightness a bit.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Jarkota
Regular

#39 Post by Jarkota »

No; I never saw a picture of Kilroy (not that I know what 'Kilroy' is). The brightness of my monitor is already at maximum, and running the game in windowed mode is no different than running it in full-screen mode. I tried Shift-K on a couple of other Ren'Py-based programs, and it doesn't work there, either.

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#40 Post by dizzcity »

I think I probably know what the problem is:
Don't take the sci-fi route during the latter half. It's not a time-space anomaly. Take the "this can't be happening" route.
-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by mikey »

Jarkota wrote:(Might I suggest reccomending this to your state's governor as a potential addition to the judicial system? A few hours of trying to beat this particular title just might scare a few criminals straight. :p)
Obviously, you haven't played Transfer Teacher. If EBG is a few hours of prison, TT is a death sentence. Though TT has a half-walkthrough, so... anyway...

I'll try to put together a walkthrough for this (one day), as so many people are having problems.

To once more try the cheat, perhaps delete the game and unpack it into a fresh directory. Then start playing and while in the game (reading), press Shift+K. It doesn't work if you're in a menu. :(

Ignosco
Veteran

#42 Post by Ignosco »

To get the good ending you have to think like (or imagine you are) Etsuya and choose the options that are consistent with his personality and views - especially the way in which he and Yumiko approach science.

Jarkota
Regular

#43 Post by Jarkota »

Oddly enough, I *have* played Transfer Teacher, though I don't remember it being especially infuriating. Quite enjoyable, I'd say.

Anyway, I deleted the game and reinstalled like you said, but no go. Shift+K still doesn't work. Oh, well.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by monele »

Strange ô_o... when do you use Shift-K ?

Jarkota
Regular

#45 Post by Jarkota »

Right after the title screen. I clicked the Start button, then clicked my way through the intro and title screen, and, on the first screen with story text after said title screen, I pressed Shift+K. No go. So, I restarted the game, and on the very first screen of the intro (after clicking Start), I tried the cheat again. Still no luck.