Embraced By Green

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cazel
Regular

#46 Post by Cazel »

I personally found the bad ending messages which indicate whether you had succeeded on one or the other scales to be enough help for me. Knowing I had done enough for one let me focus on manipulating the other.

Jake
Support Hero

#47 Post by Jake »

Jarkota wrote:Right after the title screen. I clicked the Start button, then clicked my way through the intro and title screen, and, on the first screen with story text after said title screen, I pressed Shift+K. No go. So, I restarted the game, and on the very first screen of the intro (after clicking Start), I tried the cheat again. Still no luck.
You absolutely sure nothing's showing up? I went back and tried it just now, it took me a second glance, despite knowing exactly where to look - I had to use the same thing, it turns out my answers were coming up one point short - to notice it had appeared. It's right in the centre of the top black bar, but it's really really dark and faint. Turn your monitor brightness right up and see if it still doesn't show up?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Jarkota
Regular

#48 Post by Jarkota »

As I said in a previous post, my monitor brightness is ALREADY at maximum. But now that you said that the indicators are quite faint, I redoubled my efforts and found them (though it SERIOUSLY hurts my eyes to try and read them).

EDIT: Okay; by waiting for the sun to go down and eliminating *ALL* light sources in my room save for the monitor, I was able to read the indicators without intense difficulty, and thanks to said indicators, I have now gotten the good ending to this game. Great work, Mikey - this just reaffirms why I so eagerly await your games.

T.W.A.I.N

#49 Post by T.W.A.I.N »

Although I'm sure nobody still needs help with this, I think I figured out why the cheat isn't showing up on some people's screen.

It was working for awhile, but then I accidently turned on caps lock. I didn't realize it at first, stabbed at Shift-K a few dozen times, reset the game, etc -- nothing worked. The second I took caps lock off however, it started working correctly.

Props on this really impressive game, loved the atmosphere.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#50 Post by mikey »

It's very useful information. I often accidentally hit capsLock myself and never seem to notice the indicator light ^_^.

And thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed the game. :P

Fezvez

Re: Embraced By Green

#51 Post by Fezvez »

Yeah! I love these games!

OK, so, I've finished it finally after A LOT of clicks.

It's really a pleasure to have this thread, or I would have never finished it, despite the obvious hints at the end.

Let's forget the technical part here, I definitely enjoyed the story, more than the characters. The idea is great, stressing, the end is also definitely good. How can I explain it? Being a scientific person myself, I really enjoyed how this was no bullshit (excuse me for my vocabulary :oops: ) and how a clear, believable explanation was given.

Apart from that, well... I was quite disturbed by the idea that my "choices" only serve to put points in an invisible meter, with absolutely no impact on the game. But disturbed doesn't mean that it's bad, I liked the idea after several tries (didn't have to bother to look at the text :twisted: )

Oh, and something a bit different that the usual praise : the length is perfect I believe. Not too long or too short, well, bravo!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#52 Post by mikey »

Thank you for finishing the game - and thanks for the kind words also. I'm glad you like the length - I actually thought that the game was slightly shorter (in terms of word count) than would have been good, but then when I played through it, it seemed to flow slower, and that made up the final length. Well, it has many ellpises (---|----) and so, so maybe that's why.
Fezvez wrote:I was quite disturbed by the idea that my "choices" only serve to put points in an invisible meter, with absolutely no impact on the game.
They do... or no? Well, maybe you meant that the choices don't influence the story - but they do influence the ending. So yes, that is true.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your comments! :)

Ivlivs
Veteran

#53 Post by Ivlivs »

I played this game a while ago, and I had to use the
Shift+K
cheat to get to the ending.

While it was pretty good, it would have been better if the choices actually influenced the story directly (though that would mean a LOT of branching.)

Keep up the good work!
Jitteh Dawn --- A VN by Ivlivs

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#54 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, the lot of branching would not have been such a big problem, and I had one or two scenes that didn't make it into the final game - the problem for me was that after a while all the phenomena would feel samey, and more or less break the pacing of the story - and I'd have to use scenes which would probably feel a bit filler-ish, just to make the branch individual. Still, you have a point. And thanks for playing!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#55 Post by Blue Lemma »

I finally got around to playing this :D
You definitely deserve credit for interesting plot twists and concepts in your games. I don't think I've played an ATP game without one. The story is well-written and intriguing. I was hoping for more endings on this one, but maybe I'm just spoiled by O3 :P Also, Yumiko looked a little more pixely than characters from your previous games which threw me a bit. Something that would have been nice story-wise is to have a little hint/foreshadowing as to when "it" happened in the beginning of the game. After I learned the truth in the ending, I went back to see if I could find it, but no luck. (Maybe I'm just oblivious here :lol: )

Fun (if not slightly dark) stuff :wink:
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )