Heartful Chance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MelonCandy
Regular
Projects: The Crystal Conquest (GxB, VN)

Re: Heartful Chance~!

#16 Post by MelonCandy »

Gasp its out!!! You work so fast yet show great work T_T So jealous!!

Time to play teehee :D

mapletaffy
Regular

#17 Post by mapletaffy »

@Celestine: Thank you for downloading~ And goodluck cleaning your house~ I'm going to cleam my house too after this project XD ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

@kialaa: Thank you for playing Kialaa. I'm happy you still enjoyed it. . .✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ I still don't know what will look like if I make a serious game. I wish it will not become funny XD

@Teacup: Thank you for playing Teacup~. I will be more strict in spelling check next time. That's the bloodiest part of the production for me~ (T.T)
I really want Kouhei to be really typical~ as if he is the regular guy you can found on the other class, etc. But I think you're right, I should have put more personality in him~ ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
Thank you again~ ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

@Magicprincess20: Oh my. . . . .what was that. . (T.T) What operating system are you using? After having lots of trial and error, The only solution I think is to rebuild in again on another version of renpy~ If it's okay, here is another download link http://www.mediafire.com/?csp3t0p49o1rorr
I hope that can help.

@MelonCandy: Thank you for downloading MelonCandy~~~~

AsiAao

#18 Post by AsiAao »

can't wait to play it~♥
thank you for making another game!
♥♥♥♥♥♥
Last edited by AsiAao on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Riku
Regular

#19 Post by Riku »

I'd just finished it and this is so cute ! I mean, I'm not really familiar to this kind of game and all is pink, sweet and shiny. However, you managed to give it a professional look. So, between the two guys I really prefer Henri, but his path wasn't so obvious, finally I end up doing the two paths. But, I have to say that the Henri path was a lot better and less conventional.

For the bad points, I dont have many, I just want to say that I saw few spelling mistakes and I think at some places part of dialogues were missing like if the character answered a unasked question.

So, congratulation for your game! It is really sweet! :mrgreen:

Good luck for your futur games!

PS: My boyfriend's last name is Durand, so when I saw Charlotte last name, I laughed!

Magicprincess20
Regular

#20 Post by Magicprincess20 »

Hello mapletaffy. Thank you so much for the new mediafire link. The game is working now, and I have finished one of the endings and I totally loved this game, the game whas much better than your other game. This game whas so sweet and romantic. And I'm big fan of your games now, so good luck whit your future games.

Cute.Sakura.Princess
Regular
Projects: Best friends and something more(GxB)

#21 Post by Cute.Sakura.Princess »

OMG I downloaded it and played through the endings an all I can say with confidence is that I LOVE HENRI. xD I would have never guessed that his ending would be so SWEET. I love how your endings are simple to get and there's not many questions so its easy to focus on story present. Although if I may be so bold to give you advice that next time when you make a game(and if its otome)make more variety between guys. For example one can be I don't know deliquent with bleached messy hair and blue eyes and piercings or something like that with dark secret. And the next one could be nerd with glasses. Break monotony of having just two guys. Thats my only advice. The rest is just PERFECT <3. Good work!^^

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#22 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

hilarious. simply hilarious

the spelling of the characters' names confused me. is "Eimi" supposed to have the same pronunciation as "Amy?" Also, is "Henri" supposed to be the english version or the french version?

Minachu

#23 Post by Minachu »

Oh! I'm just about to download it! :D
(Well.. In Germany you are no teenager anymore already... with 18 you are official adult XD Haha.)

mapletaffy
Regular

#24 Post by mapletaffy »

@AsiAao: Thank you for downloading~(◕‿◕✿)

@Riku: Thank you~(◕‿◕✿) I'm happy that you liked the rout of henri. hihihi~
Thanks for pointing out the missing dialogues. . I will be aware about that next time~(◕‿◕✿). Thanks again~

@Magicprincess20: Waaah~ I'm so happy that it worked already~. . .I'm so nervous yesterday because what if that link won't work too. . I really don't know what to do when that time comes. . hahaha. . But I'm happy that it worked . and thank you for playing~ (◕‿◕✿)

@Cute.Sakura.Princess: Thank you for downloading~ I'm glad you liked the route of Henri~
And yes~ I will remember those advice for my future games~ Thank you.

@KimiYoriBaka: Thank you~. . . About their names, I chosen the name Eimi because it's japanese yet english sounding. It is pronounced as Ay-mee. I want to give them all japanese names but since I don't know how the teens behave in japan, I decided to give them names from various sources. Henri is french version. It's from Henri Matisse (◕‿◕✿) and his surname Eustace is from the old guy in Courage the Cowardly Dog cartoon. XD

@Minachu: Thank you for downloding(◕‿◕✿)~ Noooo! For me, I will never stop to be a teenager until the eve of my birthday. . . hohoho XD. I think even when I reach twenty . i will call it twenteen~~XD

aya001
Regular

#25 Post by aya001 »

Thanks, loved Witch Spell and I can't wait for the download to finish and play this. I hope that you continue doing games because I like them ^_^

ema369

#26 Post by ema369 »

Ahh! I loved it. The endings for the guys were fun, if a little predictable. I love your art so much.

mapletaffy
Regular

#27 Post by mapletaffy »

@aya001: Thank you for downloading~ I really appreciate it~

@ema369: Thank you for playing~(✿◠‿◠)

borisoda
Regular

#28 Post by borisoda »

Awesome! I love the interface! It's so pink and cute @_@
I loled hard at the scene when Kouhei finds out about Eimi's laptop wallpaper

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#29 Post by Blane Doyle »

...I should have known this would not have been my kind of game. Sigh, oh well... Maybe it's because I'm an old, jaded, and cynical 21 year old.

To start with, I congratulate you on this game and it seems rather impressive. I don't hate it, not at all, but I do have two issues that I would like to bring up. I think it is wonderful you managed to complete this and I am quite happy for you despite not enjoying the game as much as I could have.

The good parts first!
The chibi art is utterly ADORABLE. I honestly wished that I could have seen more of it.
The animations. THE ANIMATIONS. THESE ANIMATIONS. They are spectacular! The entire game is so wonderfully animated I love it!
The UI is adorable, simple, and I love the side portrait of Eimi. I am a sucker for side portrats. I like that the text box also looks like a piece of paper, nice touch given the love letter plot!
I'm not a fan of stock music usually, but the ones you chose I enjoyed.
The endings were really really sweet.

Middle ground, I feel no strong way positively or negativelty.
I looked at your main site and it says this game is 20 minutes... it took me longer than that to read it though. Huh.
Normal sprite art, specially the gag stuff, isn't my cup of tea, but it's nice.
Eimi is... not... my kind of main character. Just not for me.

The... not so good?
I was able to guess every twist from the get to. Maybe it was from all my younger years reading shoujo manga, maybe that was on purpose, maybe I should have expected it all, but that rubbed me the wrong way personally.
Typos... I... I'm sorry. I started screencapping typos as I fount them. By the time I got to 30 I gave up... This is my only major complaint they are everywhere hon... But, on the bright side, almost all of them seemed to be missing punctuation or capitalization, though there were a few tense issues and misspellings. They didn't make the game unreadable, simply distracting to me.
"Heroin", since that's an old typo I see often, is the one that caught my eye first.
And there is a glitch that reveals Henri's name before it is told to us.
The game isn't bad, I suppose, but it is certainly not in my tastes. I'm glad that others here could enjoy it more than I could.

lilangelmamimi

#30 Post by lilangelmamimi »

Yay~ Everything was pink, sparkly, and there was hearts flying around. xD I just finished both paths and it was very cute. I couldn't help but laugh at how sweet the romances was (too sweet and a bit unrealistic, but that's okay). It might be much for some people...but I like that innocence your games have. Typos I saw was "heroin", "wierd", and uhmm...something else. It wasn't too distracting, but it came up. Poor Eimi.... I enjoyed Henri's path. Both paths had very funny moments. Also, the choices made had very little effect on what happened. I suppose the coin thing was about the randomness of love, but really? I got Kouhei the first time even though I didn't really like him (In fact, I was running the other direction). Hahah, I want an option to say "No!". Anyways, all the art was lovely~ I loved how you used the sound effects and the cgs were pretty.

Overall, I really enjoyed this. You've improved so much from your first game. I hope to see more games from you. ~<3