Long Live The Queen (sim, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Miss Bullard's School For Former Ladies (and many more)
Projects: LeetStreet Boys

Re: Long Live The Queen (sim, commercial)

#76 Post by LeetMusic » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Congrats! :)

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#77 Post by LateWhiteRabbit » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:20 am

papillon wrote:Customers who already have the game from my site and are willing to help beta-test - if you update to the latest beta patch (1.2.8) there is TONS OF NEW CONTENT, including pictures for the ending!
That was quite a beefy update when I upgraded to the beta patch. Lots of new picture files. :mrgreen:

I'd love to do more beta-testing on the game (since I helped the first go-around). The game was super fun even before most of the pictures were in place, and now we get so much more! New characters, achievements, etc? Argh! Curse you work. Why must I be so busy lately? I'll try to slip in some play time soon and see if I have anything to give feedback on over at the Hanako forums.

Congrats on GOG. Might be a more suitable audience of buyers than even Steam offers - though congrats on that too!

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#78 Post by Haze » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Just saw Long Live the Queen on Steam's front page under the new games. Congrats!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Biomass
Regular

#79 Post by Biomass » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:25 pm

Just got this off Steam during their x-mas sale.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Moustachio Studios
Deviantart: netravelr

#80 Post by netravelr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:12 am

Also, just an FYI the game is currently 50% off for the next 6 hours. I'd pick it up if you can! I'm really enjoying it!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#81 Post by jack_norton » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:56 am

This has to be the most successful Ren'Py game ever :D congrats!
follow me on Image Image Image Image
computer games

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#82 Post by Obscura » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Congratulations Hanako! I think I screeched out loud when I saw David Gaider tweeting about your game the other day. XD
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: Army of Tentacles 1 & 2, Paper Shakespeare: To Date or Not To Date?
Projects: Furries & Scalies & Bears OH MY!, The Ghost of Joe Papp 2: The Dragons of Joe Papp
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#83 Post by Bryy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Just played this on Steam.

Fantastic work.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#84 Post by LateWhiteRabbit » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:40 pm

This was one of Steam's Flash sales yesterday!

Last night it was also in the Top 30 "Top Sellers" on Steam! I bought another copy and gifted it to my brother's Steam account. I've bought it 3 times now. Round of applause, Papillon. Round of applause.

Burlew
Projects: "Space Game 1" (Just starting out, so just a little testy one for now)

#85 Post by Burlew » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:46 pm

I just bought this on Steam after enjoying Magical Diary... Do you have plans to release any more of your games on Steam?

Bryy
Veteran
Completed: Army of Tentacles 1 & 2, Paper Shakespeare: To Date or Not To Date?
Projects: Furries & Scalies & Bears OH MY!, The Ghost of Joe Papp 2: The Dragons of Joe Papp
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

#86 Post by Bryy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 pm

The fact that her games got through Greenlight gives me hope for mine. That's not a jab at the quality or anything. Most of Steams users seem to have a hard-on for hating games that are not "for serious gamers".

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#87 Post by Caveat Lector » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:25 pm

First off, congratulations on the Steam release. :D

Second, I usually wait until after I've completed the entire game before reviewing, but in this case that's pretty much impossible since I've been going at it for months and months now. Every time I play, there's something new to discover and while some plot elements remain consistent I almost never get the exact same story twice. And I like this, because it gives the story so much potential to explore and so many different sides to find. You can make it to the throne without ever finding out the truth about who's trying to kill Elodie, but you can still find out the next round. You can also make it without becoming a Lumen, but why would you want to? Though I do fear for the country's future if Elodie can survive without knowing a single thing about Nova's political situation. :lol:

I can safely say this is one of my favourite VN's/stat raisers ever because of the new challenges it presents in helping Elodie to survive, and also solving the other side mysteries. I've done a lot of extensive strategy and plotting about which lessons to take and what decisions to make before going in, either from observing the checks I pass and fail, or from going to the ever-helpful wiki, or a mixture of both. The checks in particular were a major help for me to realize where I went wrong and how to fix it.

I also liked the side characters, and Elodie herself, and I like how complex and thought-out the politics of Nova and surrounding nations are. The various death chibis of Elodie also made me chuckle (especially if she's poisoned--she just looks so *happy* :D :lol: ). Of course, I also got frustrated at Elodie when this happened to me--the first time I got to this event, I failed all the check points, but even then I knew SOMETHING was suspicious.
Okay, picture this: You are the leader of your country or otherwise will be very, very soon (congrats on that, btw). You have just finished leading your country through an unstable civil war that left many people divided and conflicted. Two weeks after said war ends, you go up to your bedroom and find a box of chocolates on your bed addressed specifically to you. What's your first assumption? That they're a gift of good will and cheer? :roll: The entire time I was going "NOOO it's a trap--GAR! Told you so you dummy!"
Overall, I greatly enjoy LLQ and will continue to hunt out various new ways to get to the throne in the future!
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

OneHitPoint

#88 Post by OneHitPoint » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Got it on steam a little while ago, and managed to find a way to win both the Ixion Occupation (lost 502 soldiers) battle and the Naval Invasion. From what I've been seeing in comments that's something for me to brag about. I wonder if I can somehow find a way to trigger the civil war and the naval battle...

Sslaxx
Regular

#89 Post by Sslaxx » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Is the current version just bug fixes?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#90 Post by TrickWithAKnife » Fri May 09, 2014 11:04 am

Congrats on getting featured on Extra Credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnJP7LBeeE
An entire recommendation episode dedicated to Long Live The Queen, no less.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.