Long Live The Queen (sim, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LovetteSakura

Re: Long Live The Queen (sim, commercial)

#91 Post by LovetteSakura »

Really want to play this game... Money where are you T^T
If you have time please visit my blog :$ it is a blog about Japanese stuff ^^
https://www.lovettesakura.com Image

RVB
Regular
Organization: Brat Prince Productions
Deviantart: aambrosio

#92 Post by RVB »

I absolutely love this game! Just by sitting around my house yelling I was going to strike down all who opposed me, I ended up getting two of my friends to buy it, whom all tried alternative routes to reach the ending. Its a great game, especially when you want to try out different "ruling styles", as it were.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#93 Post by Wintermoon »

It's like Princess Maker and I Wanna Be the Guy had a love child.

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#94 Post by daijinahito »

Oh, wow. I bought this game on Steam last year, but I had no idea someone on Lemmasoft made it. It was quite fun despite I constantly found new ways to die, which was slightly irking me. > - < ; I kept trying to have a perfect run through at the beginning, meaning I would pass every test, but I began to realize that was impossible. Meh. I really loved that you could equip different outfits for different types of stats! Customizing is a feature I can always welcome with open arms. The game is reminiscent of the old Princess Maker series, and I'm sure you hear that a all the time, whether that was your intention or not. Well, just wanted to congratulate you on the success of this game! It was very professionally made and I even gifted it to a friend of mine who enjoyed it very much. : )

Loona

#95 Post by Loona »

I found this through Extra Credits, and it was a pleasant surprise - by default I stay away from anything with pink-haired girls, with few exceptions, and this exception was certainly worth it.
I recall comments in the Steam forum about a lack of an in-game world map, which is probably hard to add to the current version of the game - but if that were viable, also having an "unlockable" family tree you'd gradually reveal through conversations and learning relevant skills might help. I like how the setting seems to be pretty well fleshed out, but it gets tricky to keep all those names and relationships in your head, and Elodie might be expected to be aware of at least a few at the start, I guess.

I only found recently that the game was made with Ren'Py, so it certainly made the engine feel more appealing.

Also, the military outfit is the best.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#96 Post by papillon »

If you click on the ? next to people's heads when they're talking, it gives you some overview information on what Elodie currently knows about that person, including immediate family members. The whole family tree is too snarled to visualise easily, though! (Someone's made a detailed one on Steam, which is much neater than my pencil-scrawled version.)

Loona

#97 Post by Loona »

papillon wrote:If you click on the ? next to people's heads when they're talking, it gives you some overview information on what Elodie currently knows about that person, including immediate family members. The whole family tree is too snarled to visualise easily, though! (Someone's made a detailed one on Steam, which is much neater than my pencil-scrawled version.)
Thanks for the link.

I did notice the click-for-info bit while playing, but with such a big family it's hard to keep things in perspective, and unlike Elodie, we haven't been hearing about and dealing with these people for over a decade, at least the closer ones.

If a New Game + option ever were to be implemented, while pre-raised skills might make the game too easy (well, it would be nice for those ending pics I'm still missing, despite having all the achievements already), additional visualization options where info like this was already (partially) pre-filled would be a neat touch.

Anyway, great work!