Cinders - (PC/Mac/Steam/Switch/PS4/Xbox) [commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
maypaymusic
Regular

Re: Cinders - a serious take on a fairytale

#31 Post by maypaymusic »

i downloaded the demo first and absolutely loved it!! so glad I bought it :lol:
btw will there be a walkthrough or guide of sorts to get all the endings?
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

AnRuixi

#32 Post by AnRuixi »

I've been lurking in Lemmasoft Forums for a while, but had only since a few weeks ago decided to sign up. I'm glad I did so I may now praise your game that looks really great. I haven't played it yet, but I have obtained it and as soon as I play through it a couple of times, I will definitely drop back in here and put my two cents in. Congratulations on this release! Your hard work will (and you probably notice that it is) paying off!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#33 Post by azureXtwilight »

Played through the game, and everything was absolutely stunning. The writing, how the characters are relatable, and of course, the art. I won't repeat what everyone else says, because I agree with them.

I also like the fact that
Cinders with Perrault and the Prince who just knew each other for a short time, doesn't jump to each other's arms immediately and I WILL LOVE U FOREVEEEER. It's very realistic, I love it. A lot.
One thing, though. The lack of save slots, due to a lot of choices, I have a habit to save every time there are choices and every time a choice appears I am always like "NOOOO WHERE DO I SAVE NOOO" XD

TeeGee
Regular
Completed: Solstice, Cinders, Co-Op, Magi, Phantasmat
Projects: Bonfire
Organization: MoaCube
Tumblr: moacube

#34 Post by TeeGee »

Thanks everyone.

We've updated the Cinders trailer. The old one had that silly typo and used outdated assets and scenes. Here's the new one: http://youtu.be/AaoSeIDPVq0
Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook

redpandastudio
Regular
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com

#35 Post by redpandastudio »

You may want to tag this post as commercial or some people will miss it because some people only search for commercial visual novels.

applegirl
Veteran

#36 Post by applegirl »

Incredibly impressive visual novel that made me a big fan of this group. The art is stunning, the story is deep and rich, the choices actually affect the storyline and made a strong character even better in the process.

Dang, easily one of the best visual novels I have had the pleasure of reading. I love the characters being so beautifully fleshed out and really...everything was very well done.

This is probably the best visual novel that illustrates how important and immersive choices can be. Rather than taking the lazy "illusion of choice" in which a set storyline is demanded on the player, this visual novel actually gives the player a choice and the storyline (as well as the characters) adapt. Beautiful work.

I'm quite picky with the groups whose work I automatically buy, but this is a group that made that list with a single visual novel. I can't wait for your next work, my expectations are already sky high.

TeeGee
Regular

#37 Post by TeeGee »

redpandastudio wrote:You may want to tag this post as commercial or some people will miss it because some people only search for commercial visual novels.
Good point, thanks :).

We've got the first full review -- on JayIsGames.com: http://jayisgames.com/archives/2012/06/cinders.php
Tom Grochowiak

rosemirror

Re: Cinders - a serious take on a fairytale [commercial]

#38 Post by rosemirror »

I absolutely adored this game and while I wasn't sure about buying it at first, I'm really glad I did. The art, music, and story are all beautiful.
One quick question about something I'm stuck on though:
I've made friends with Gloria several times in my playthroughs but I have never been able to come friends with Sophia. Any hints you can give me?
Thank you for making such an amazing game and I'm really looking forward to your upcoming games!

TeeGee
Regular

#39 Post by TeeGee »

Thanks,
Sophia is actually relatively easy to befriend. You have to be kind to her during your conversations (especially that one where you prepare a meal together) and she also likes it if you are nasty to Gloria.
Tom Grochowiak

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#40 Post by azureXtwilight »

I've gotten the endings where
cinders left the town, re-take the family, and marry the prince
How do I get the others? :)

TeeGee
Regular

#41 Post by TeeGee »

There's a thread on our forums with hints on how to get the various endings:
http://moacube.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 38&start=0

Also, Gracjana - our artist - started a series on her blog where she shares some of the work-in-progress sketches and concept art from Cinders and talks about the thought process she went through while working on them. You can for example learn how the 1917 Cleopatra's movie poster relates to our main menu.

Here's the link:
http://vinegaria.com/cinders-making-of-1/
Tom Grochowiak

ixWishing
Veteran

#42 Post by ixWishing »

Asdfghjkl.
Does anyone know how to get BOTH sisters to like you? ;o .
And how to poison / kill the Step-Mother?
Anyways, I only played through it twice, but I SWEAR, the graphics are AMAZING !
It's so professional, pretty & detailed! And omg.
Even the flowers/windows move! O: .
And I think the eyes move too, if I'm not mistaken.
You like, made even the smallest details stand out - like how ashes float in the sky whenever there's a scene change, etc.
Just One Word You Should Know -- Amazing.

You did a fine job of completing this Visual Novel.
All those details, time & effort spent on this Visual Novel is truly amazing!
I applaud thee ;3 . (I sound weird, don't I? Haha. )
- Everlasting Dreams ;

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by gekiganwing »

I'm glad to hear that at least a few people bought Cinders. I believe that it could attract fans who don't like things which are common in today's VNs: emphasis on pairings and harems, teenage characters, cuteness and moe, and romance endings. If Cinders continues to find an audience, then it might mark the beginning of a large change in visual novel fandom. We're currently a small community, and we may never grow to be xbox hueg, but I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a milestone.

That said, I tend to enjoy cute games that have an emphasis on humor and fun. (Which describes about half of my collection of computer, console, and iOS games.) As much as I admire the indie community, I can't buy everything... I have to be selective, and purchase only what I expect to like. I'd kind of like to see the team at Moacube create an upbeat school-based love story, but I don't think that's likely to happen. Perhaps if the group tried to make a romance game, it would end up focusing on deconstructionism, or include an unusual form of gameplay.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#44 Post by Obscura »

gekiganwing wrote:I'd kind of like to see the team at Moacube create an upbeat school-based love story
Hmm, I personally hope not. :cry: I feel like the community is already pretty flooded with these types of games. I love that they tried something different, with its own unique art style.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#45 Post by papillon »

Well, if we're spinning fantasies, I'd like to see them do a supernatural mystery. Too many cheery sparkly cute things around. GIMME SOME DARK. :)