Cinders - (PC/Mac/Steam/Switch/PS4/Xbox) [commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TeeGee
Regular
Completed: Solstice, Cinders, Co-Op, Magi, Phantasmat
Projects: Bonfire
Organization: MoaCube
Tumblr: moacube

Re: Cinders - We're on Greenlight! [commercial]

#121 Post by TeeGee »

Cinders greenlit: YES!

Love levels: ALL-TIME HIGH!

Thanks everyone for your support :).
Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Cinders - We're on Greenlight! [commercial]

#122 Post by SundownKid »

Congrats on making it through the meatgrinder! :lol:

TeeGee
Regular

Re: Cinders - now on Steam! [commercial]

#123 Post by TeeGee »

Guys! BIG. THING. Possibly the biggest in MoaCube’s brief history.

We're on Steam!

If you already own the game and would like to redeem your key, please email me with your purchase data. Here's more info.

Any help with spreading the word is much appreciated. Let’s show Valve that narrative games for a slightly different audience can still do well on Steam! :)
Tom Grochowiak

Angie
Regular

#124 Post by Angie »

Good luck with that! That must be a huge succes for you... I only played demo of Cinders, but surely it's a beautiful and amazing game... Well, congrats!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Kirlett
Regular

#125 Post by Kirlett »

I'm playing the demo righ now... THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. The most beautiful VN ever. I will buy it :)

champignonkinoko
Regular

#126 Post by champignonkinoko »

I've finished the game recently :) At first, I wasn't used to the art (I tend to go for more anime-esque ones). Once I got used to it, I couldn't go back!

Backgrounds were illustrated beautifully. Music, enchanting. Dialogues, witty and interesting. But most of all, I felt like I was in control while playing because there were so many choices!
If there was one thing I wished could change, it would be the ending bit.
I wished there were more scenes rather than just narration ^^
Thanks MoaCube for bringing out such a great product!

SilkSpider

#127 Post by SilkSpider »

One of my all time favourite VNs, ever. The art style is absolutely breathtaking - I love how characters are actually realistically proportioned, unlike the common anime style art in VNs.
I loved the story overall, but IMHO the only romance I really liked was Tobias. The Prince simply didn't get enough screen time for me to really care about him - it would have been a lot better if there was some way the heroine could meet him at least once before the ball, perhaps unknowingly, like when he and Perrault go hunting. Perrault had a lot of potential, but... idk. His personality failed to charm me. There's a CG of him kissing the heroine in the game files, but I've played through the game a hundred times and have never, ever been able to get a kiss out of him. Their relationship never even gets to romance at all during the game, there's only hints of it in some of the epilogues. Kind of disappointing.

TeeGee
Regular

#128 Post by TeeGee »

Thanks! <3
The Prince thing is intentional to make a jab at the fairytale. They barely know each other, and any decision regarding their marriage is either silly or dictated by Cinders' ambition (which may end well, but still...)

It's been a long time, so I don't remember all conditions for Perrault's romance, but it's there. He's an experienced man, and much older than Cinders, so it takes some full on seduction to make him fall for her in a span of a week.
Tom Grochowiak

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#129 Post by gekiganwing »

Yesterday, I noticed Cinders while browsing the Nintendo eShop. It looks like the VN's about to be released in digital-only form for Switch. I wanted to comment on this in a recent r/visualnovels thread, but Reddit wouldn't let me log in at the time...
I've already purchased a few VNs / narrative games / story-driven adventure games on Switch. I've started Oxenfree, Gaokao 100 Days, and a couple of otome games. Still planning to read Planetarian and Night in the Woods. So much of my time on the system has been dedicated to Lumines and Puyo Puyo Tetris...

TeeGee
Regular

#130 Post by TeeGee »

Oh wow, I haven't been here in forever! :oops:

Yeah, Cinders is coming to Switch on Valentine's Day. It's one of the first OELVNs on the eShop, actually, so that's cool.

I gotta say having your own game on a console by a company that shaped your childhood feels absolutely amazing! <3
Tom Grochowiak

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Cinders - (PC/Mac/Steam/Switch) [commercial]

#131 Post by Obscura »

This is incredible and congrats! Cinders has come a long way!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

TeeGee
Regular

Re: Cinders - (PC/Mac/Steam/Switch) [commercial]

#132 Post by TeeGee »

Thanks! <3
Tom Grochowiak

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#133 Post by JBShields »

TeeGee wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:26 pm Oh wow, I haven't been here in forever! :oops:

Yeah, Cinders is coming to Switch on Valentine's Day. It's one of the first OELVNs on the eShop, actually, so that's cool.

I gotta say having your own game on a console by a company that shaped your childhood feels absolutely amazing! <3
You are a trailblazer for the EVN community! Keep it up! What's your next project?

How were you able to get on Switch, btw (if you don't mind me asking)? Did they contact you?

Did you use Ren'py to make Cinders?

TeeGee
Regular

Re: Cinders - (PC/Mac/Steam/Switch/PS4/Xbox) [commercial]

#134 Post by TeeGee »

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread again, but apparently it's in my destiny to work on this game till the end of time and today we finally launched on all the big consoles!

Switch | Playstation 4 | Xbox One

Admittedly it's not big money, but seeing your game on a console dashboard still feels absolutely magical and it's definitely not something I'd expect when we originally released Cinders eight years ago! If everything goes okay, Solstice should follow soon.

JBShields wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 pm You are a trailblazer for the EVN community! Keep it up! What's your next project?

How were you able to get on Switch, btw (if you don't mind me asking)? Did they contact you?

Did you use Ren'py to make Cinders?
Ugh, I'm SO sorry for not replying to this earlier. I don't visit LSF very often and I must have missed the notification email. :oops:

Cinders is done in GameMaker Studio 2, which made porting to other platforms pretty easy (I mostly had to add gamepad controls and handle stuff like cloud saves and achievements, but that's it). I wanted to do it since quite some time, but didn't think I'd be able to jump through all the corporate hoops required to get approved, get the dev kits, and so on. Fortunately my friend runs a porting company (Crunching Koalas) with several titles already under their belt and they agreed to publish us. I did all of the coding but had access to their hardware & connections. And also someone to turn to with more arcane stuff (Xbox is basically witchcraft). I dunno if I'd be able to do it all by myself. Probably not.

We have some projects in the works, but it's too early to announce anything. I can say it's not a visual novel, though, as Solstice really burned us out on the genre. I'm also working on my bite-sized tactical RPG Bonfire, which is currently in Early Access on Steam.
Tom Grochowiak