Senior Year

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teankun
Regular

Re: Senior Year

#76 Post by teankun »

EwanG wrote:Teankun,
Given your signature line, I'm not sure how I could rewrite her in a fashion you would find acceptable.!
;p Maybe you can do a girl like that for your next project (of course for that to work he may have to be lds too) :D

what is your next project anyway?
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#77 Post by EwanG »

teankun wrote:Maybe you can do a girl like that for your next project (of course for that to work he may have to be lds too) :D
Grew up in rural Colorado with a fair number of LDS members in my high school, and I actually live near the temple here in SA, so that's not as far fetched as it might seem 8)
teankun wrote:what is your next project anyway?
Currently working to complete the final edit on the novel version of Camp Handiba. Have been thinking I might go back and try to turn the two College Romance games into books as well since I could follow the girls stories with multiple male protagonists and so "play" a bit more with weaving the several threads into each other. But since Camp Handiba is book 1 of 9 of a series, not sure whether I would do that right after the first book, or wait for the first three (completing the initial trilogy). No worries, by the way. I don't plan on doing a Lucas - the second three books are sort of a "next generation" of the first three. And the third three take us quite a bit further into the future.

Suspect now you're wishing you hadn't asked :D
Working on something... might even be something good :D

teankun
Regular

#78 Post by teankun »

EwanG wrote:Grew up in rural Colorado with a fair number of LDS members in my high school, and I actually live near the temple here in SA, so that's not as far fetched as it might seem 8)
Kool, but how many of them were Asian :wink: :wink:

BTW, I have been to St. Tony a number of times while I had my leg worked on at Wilford Hall MC at Lackland AFB. Coincidently, that is were I first saw Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Suspect now you're wishing you hadn't asked :D
indifferent actually
good luck, just the same
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

Chrizine
Regular
Projects: Perios - Chained Sorceress (WIP), Sword vs. Staff (WIP)
Organization: Motdl Productions

#79 Post by Chrizine »

I just finished your game... I like it :-)
It's definitely fun - and I will now, hoping not to annoy anyone, go back into the "realistic or not"-discussion:
I think the girls path all for themselves aren't that unrealistic. If you only look at one girl at a time, they are a bit forward, which is necessary because the game would grow into endlessness if you'd try to unfold the relationships in real time. But there are these things like time skips and having known some of the girls before. In fact, I think the "devastated virgins" - explanation is not that far-fetched, too ;-) They're not that young after all (early twenties, right? I think it would be about time to get devastated then ;-))
The thing that gives you a strange feeling is that you can have all these girls, they all jump at you right in the beginning - maybe they shouldn't be as forward before path-decision?
Of course you can have them all, that's the nature of the game - if you don't play all the paths one after another it wouldn't feel that much like getting them all, too ;-)
So, coming to the different stories and girls:

I loved Carla's accent. It fits her perfectly :-) Because of her voice, I decided to go after her in the first playthrough (just to put something against the "too much of accent" I've read somewhere in the posts here)
I also like her attitude and her story, though I think it doesn't really fit her background to be that forward, after all...
I mean, okay, she regrets the first time, but hell, she gets over it real quick. And I don't think she would have wanted to go that far that early after all she's been through...
The story I liked best was Julie's, maybe because it's the most romantic one
like, him helping her when she was hurt and stuff...
and she was funny, too...
I really liked her confusing him and joking around about her and his mum ;-)
I won't comment on every one of them now, because you will all get tired and probably don't really want to know... I just had to tell you about the things I liked ;-)

And, finally,
congrats to getting this all done with voices! It's really nice :-)
Take a look at Perios - Chained Sorceress!
And also on Sword vs. Staff, my short new project...
And, of course, our blog!
Honest Critique

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#80 Post by Wright1000 »

The backgrounds used in this game were nice.
What is the official website from where I can download these backgrounds?
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#81 Post by EwanG »

Wright1000 wrote:The backgrounds used in this game were nice.
What is the official website from where I can download these backgrounds?
I am pretty sure I give the link in the credits page of the game. I don't have a Windows machine handy so I can't pull it up myself (generally do most of my work on an Android tablet these days). I believe it is also one of the sources listed in the Resources thread if you check that out.

One warning - most of the backgrounds were edited for use in the game, so the ones from the original site will look similar, but not the same, Not sure if that's an issue, but would depend on what you are planning to do with them.

FWIW,
Ewan

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#82 Post by Wright1000 »

I know they were BCS backgrounds.
But what is the website?
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

ElviraNyx

#83 Post by ElviraNyx »

Hello, Ewan! Congrats on the release...(I know I'm a bit too late but it's never too late to congratulate someone :)) I downloaded the game but for some reason it wouldn't open... I'm not sure why it wouldn't open, but I'll download it again anyway. Hope it works this time! Will post my opinion as soon as I finish. :)

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#84 Post by EwanG »

ElviraNyx wrote:Hello, Ewan! Congrats on the release...(I know I'm a bit too late but it's never too late to congratulate someone :)) I downloaded the game but for some reason it wouldn't open... I'm not sure why it wouldn't open, but I'll download it again anyway. Hope it works this time! Will post my opinion as soon as I finish. :)
What OS are you running? Senior Year was published with a version of RenPy that has issues with Vista and Win 7. Your best bet is to either get the Mac/Linux version, or to play the Flash Game version (called College Romance).

Hope this helps,
Ewan

ElviraNyx

#85 Post by ElviraNyx »

I've tried downloading it again but none of the links worked. I played College romance, It was a good game. Thank you for your help! :)

MitsukiKanou

#86 Post by MitsukiKanou »

Can you post new download links?

Sadly, MegaUpload has been Shutdown
and bklovr.com is a Japanese food (I think?) website

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#87 Post by EwanG »

I think it's still available on CNet's download site and at :
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware ... Year.shtml