East Tower (GenderBenderOtome,commercial,Steam/ios/android)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

Re: East Tower(TAKASHI ROUTE RELEASED!) genderbender (op add

#46 Post by Chu-3 »

Don't worry I'll start a same promo within 1-2 days lol!!
Why? because tomorrow is my bday :D

Rye
Regular
Projects: : MAlice :

#47 Post by Rye »

Happy birthday Chu-3!
I've played all of your game ;3 I love Duplicity!
I'm hiatus from everything for exam... Slow pace on projects. I need to write and draw..
"I'm wearing your granddad's clothes. I look incredible." - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

Aseret
Regular

#48 Post by Aseret »

Chu-3: Yay, thats good and Happy Birthday!! (one day early)
Definitely awaiting the promo :)
I'm not sure if you've already said this, but when will you be releasing the two
remaining routes (Kuon and Kurenai)?

Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King

#49 Post by Chu-3 »

@Rye
Thanks! ^^ it's one hour again here~

@Aseret
Check the same page! I already started the promo again :lol:
Kuon scenario and translation is finished. Actually I was thinking to release it on March, but then the Japanese proofreader is sick and that made the voice recording late as well. (since I need the scenario to be proofread before they start recording), so I guess it will be April for the fastest. Before that, I'm planning to make a new update of East Tower Akio and Takashi so you can play on iPad too.
Too bad but, earlier version save data might not work anymore after the update.

Kuon Route is pretty long, maybe double Takashi route(idk, I haven't finished programming so I can't test it yet but for what I see from the scenario it might be) and I feel I might make Kurenai route to be much more longer orz.

Aseret
Regular

#50 Post by Aseret »

Oh I see the promo now, but I'm slightly confused. I thought I had to write the review in the itunes store (for example if i already bought akio, then i write an itunes review under that app). This is because there are no URLs for writing reviews on itunes (atleast I don't think so). So is that not the case? Moreover, I don't have a blog or anything either.. so I don't know where I should post it :p
Edit: Actually, I have a kinda newly made tumblr account, so I just posted my review on there, would it count if I linked that?

Wait, so it would be okay if I choose not to update it once you release the update? I don't have an ipad anyway, so it would be pointless to update and lose my save data, right?
Also, so kuon will come out around april and what about kurenai (estimate)? You said his story will be longer, but thats good since longer the better :D

Chu-3
Veteran

#51 Post by Chu-3 »

Of course you can choose to update or not ^^;; it's up to you.
For Kurenai Route idk what I can release that yet. Within this year for sure.
But I might need to change the price if the route is too long. (Since the voice will be much more expensive)

I get your email now and I'll tell you the details there :)

Aseret
Regular

#52 Post by Aseret »

Oh I see, voice acting sure must be expensive, which makes you price the routes a little higher (didnt think of that before lol)
Yeah, my review was a bit critical, but it was my honest opinion. After all, it IS a personal review :)
I hope it can help you for further improvement and in making your future games EVEN better :D
Awaiting your email!

Chu-3
Veteran

#53 Post by Chu-3 »

Replied :) And don't worry. You're review is okay for me :lol:

KoalaThingy

#54 Post by KoalaThingy »

I want to play this game so badly :(
But but but.... I have android :'( weeeeee I have to wait...
But it looks great..
I just have to wait till it arrives for android.
Have fun and be yourself :$
http://www.koala-thingy.blogspot.com

Chu-3
Veteran

#55 Post by Chu-3 »

East Tower has been updated so now you can play it on iPad!
(I'm sorry but the old save data might not be used anymore.)

East Tower Akio CLICK HERE
East Tower Takashi CLICK HERE

Please wait for the next route >< the VAs told me they might need time to record.

Quulique

#56 Post by Quulique »

This is currently my favorite iOS VN. =D I was really surprised to see an otome game with genderbending as a theme, and was really curious to see how it would be handled -- as someone had said, it could be quite offensive if not handled correctly, but you seem to have taken that into account. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the game handled the gender/sexuality themes, in fact; you don't see a lot of this kind of theme, especially in these games, so it was something new and great. X)

Spoilers Ahoy:
The main thing I enjoyed about the transition from Akio to Takashi route was how you got to see a whole new side of Sakuya in the process! The difference was so interesting -- while in Akio's route she accepted that she was a girl, in Takashi's route she could accept that she was a girl and also learn more from it. She could also do a lot more with her newfound acceptance of her identity. =) (Plus she didn't feel the need to dress as girly! Haha.) As an aside, Sakuya is a pretty great heroine, especially after playing games like Starry Sky where the boys just keep telling the heroine to let them protect her all the time it was refreshing to come to a game where the heroine wanted to be able to stand on her own and do her own thing!

My favorite thing in Akio route was... well. Akio. (Also the carrot bad end made me die laughing.) |D It was a very feel-good route, even if we learned almost nothing about the plot behind the series... I really liked shota Akio, whoever voiced him was great. Takashi's route was a little more interesting in terms of that plot, but I felt like some of his pervertedness was taken too far sometimes and cliche.

The two boys' attractions to Sakuya and the development, as I mentioned before, surprised me with how good and non-offensive it was for this type of game. One thing that I noticed in Takashi route, though, was that the English translation called him 'she' when he was in his sister's body, which was a little jarring. Normally even if a boy is in a girl's body it's logical to call him 'he', I think. It's minor, but I know people who wouldn't play the game because of details like that.

My favorite thing in Takashi route was the prince-princess thing. That theme is something of a weakness of mine, and having it reversed here worked really beautifully for them. I also really liked the original way this route approached the childhood friends angle. Some things I didn't like as much were, as said before, the over-the-top pervertedness and a little bit of the punching for love thing. It's definitely a cliche gag in anime, which I understand, but it felt a little out of place here to me for some reason. Though, that's probably just me. I did like how strange his sister was, especially with the possible brother complex and giving him the wrong ideas about what boys should expect out of girls.

The music was wonderful, virtual reality settings (and time loops??) are one of my favorite things ever, and it's just really nice when games are voiced. <333 I preferred the art in Cafe 0, but the story was good enough to make up for it.

I also got a lot of Persona 4 nostalgia from the whole thing. XD Facing yourself, and the partner thing, and all of that. I wonder if that was intentional or a tribute? It made me even fonder of the game, so it was a good thing, haha. I'm really intrigued by the master plot at the moment and can't wait to find out more. 8D
Long story short: A+++ will be buying up the whole thing when I can afford it. I can understand the price going up, just hopefully it will stay within my budget range. |D; I can't wait to see what's in store for us next.

I've been recommending it to friends (though a lot of them don't have iPhone or only have Android, so gonna have to wait... is there any possible date for Android releases? Will it be released for PC?), though it will probably be easier to get them to play once all the routes are released, haha. I couldn't wait and I'm just going to play them as they come out. x: I'm really excited to hear they'll get longer, especially Kurenai's, because I'm looking forward to his the most (redheads are my favorites!).

Chu-3
Veteran

#57 Post by Chu-3 »

Thank you very much for the long review ><
Actually, I'm very afraid if the content will offend people, and that's why I asked a lot of the testers and proofreader's opinions.
I'm really glad that it worked fine ><;;; we did a really hard work to check the content before releasing it.

About the next route, Kuon, which I hope to release at the end of this month or the beginning of next month, it will be longer than the other two. And I'm afraid Kurenai route will be much longer, since it means I need to change the price (production cost will be much higher due to the length). And if can, I'm planning to add the other 3 after story at Kurenai route, since it will be related to Kurenai route itself.

Hope you like it ^^

Chu-3
Veteran

#58 Post by Chu-3 »

East Tower - Kuon route is released!!!
Feature:
-over 53 CGs (with variations)
-double East Tower's Takashi play time
-Fully Voiced as always
Get it at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/east-to ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Maybe some of you would notice wrong English sentence at the AppStore's boxart. I'm sorry but it seems that Apple doesn't permit me to change the screenshots of approved apps orz.

Chu-3
Veteran

Re: East Tower(KUON ROUTE RELEASED!) genderbender ios game!

#59 Post by Chu-3 »

East Tower Akio is now on sale until May 19,2013. You can buy it for 3.99 USD within the period :)
Don't miss the chance :D

Chu-3
Veteran

Re: East Tower(KUON ROUTE RELEASED!) genderbender ios game!

#60 Post by Chu-3 »

Android version is released!
CLICK HERE!