Homeward One Story

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Homeward One Story

#16 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just downloaded this and am enjoying it so far~ It's a nice story to read when you just wanna relax. The music is so soothing, and the writing feels well thought and professional. I also LOVE the opening theme~ Nonami is a fun character; I love how energenic she is, and it's awesome that this one story is on her route!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Ebenezer

#17 Post by Ebenezer »

redeyesblackpanda wrote:It's good to see Homeward get more attention in the regular forums. I've played through this route in the regular release, and would recommend this game based on that. Samu-kun put a lot of work into this, and it's a lot better than most of the things that you'll see coming out of this forum.

It's really great to play. Is there any free download link?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

It is a free download link (in the OP post/the very first post in this thread).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Chibichann
Regular

#19 Post by Chibichann »

I loved the story,arts,cgs ,writings, kind of gives me the feeling of classic anime story just the type that usually ghibli studios produces, i loved the bra scene,the tug of war game cg,how haruka's one piece of hair goes up and down,when haruka comforts the hero when nanomi is heart broken and everything,there is so much i want to say but cannot express them in words :lol:,but mom used to nag me while i stayed up late nights to complete the vn i got so addicted to it,(no worries i had my breaks then.)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#20 Post by Kokoro Hane »

...and I finished the game! Nonami is definitely my favorite, hands down. Energenic and crazy, I guess 'cause that's how I am XD
This was a really sweet, touching store. I cried at a few parts, ESPECIALLY with that music, oh my gosh! The scene where Rii-kun had to tell Nonami he was leaving at the amusement park, oh gosh....that idiot shouldn't have waited so long to tell her.

That weird scene with Haru-chan and Sora getting all over Rii-kun was...I was like "WHAT THE HELL?!" especially 'cause of Sora, I mean, dude, it's his sister!

And ugh, I hated Rii-kun for....practically cheating on Nonami in that one scene with Haru. Even though all adult content was removed, those descriptions were....though I suppose it was worse in the adult version, LOL.

But I was happy that in the end, they met again after three years. Gosh, Rii-kun's father is so abusive, and he didn't seem to care that his son was in pain 'cause he kept moving! But at least it was a happy ending, I liked that! I am a sucker for childhood romances ^.^
Anyway, for the most part I enjoyed the story. So sweet, and relaxing to read. I also like the reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion, when they were running the race! This was neat to read, seeing a love story in a guy's perspective.
But man, as a girl, it felt really awkward reading that pretty much sex scene with Haru-chan....I was like O.O then again, sex scenes in general make me uncomfortable XD
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#21 Post by Samu-kun »

Homeward @ Anime Conji, San Diego, California
We went into battle stations and attended Anime Conji at San Diego to promote Homeward.
Our table. We had a crap ton of prints on sale, bookmarks, posters, and CDs.

The Homeward merchandise

Two Homeward CDs.

Some Homeward prints.

Homeward bookmarks.

Bonus: We also had Sunrider merchandise as well.

A flipping big Sunrider poster.

Sunrider bookmarks and prints

And now for the important part
For the folks at home who didn't make it, I could theoretically resupply some of the goods and still sell the goods we have left over from the con. So I need to see a list of people interested in purchasing the following goods:

Master Collection $20 + shipping
Homeward CD
Homeward DVD case
2 Homeward prints
3 Homeward bookmarks
2 Sunrider prints
1 Sunrider small poster
2 Sunrider bookmarks

Commemorative Merchandise Package - $10 +shipping
2 Homeward prints
2 Homeward bookmarks
1 Sunrider print
1 Sunrider small poster
2 Sunrider bookmarks

The usual disclaimer: Homeward is a free game. You can download it for free on the first page. You are paying for the physical price of the CD and the prints and not the game content. Once again, the game is free to download on the first page.

Feel free to send me a PM or to leave a post if you're interested in making a purchase and I'll see how much of our goods we need to make more of. =w=

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#22 Post by Samu-kun »

More Information
I think I left out some important details if you're going to make a purchase.

If you buy the Master Collection:
-Indicate whether you want the regular version of Homeward [18+], or One Story [All ages].
-Indicate whether you want the Nonami CD or the Haruka CD
-Indicate which two Homeward prints you want (Childhood scene, Haruka fireworks, Sora at the beach, Nonami kiss, Haruka kiss, Nonami and Riku running)
-Indicate which two Sunrider prints you want (Asaga, Chigara, Ava)
-Indicate which two Sunrider bookmarks you want (Asaga, Chigara, Ava, Logo)
-Indicate which Sunrider poster you want (With or without mecha)

If you buy the Commemorative Merchandise Package:
-Indicate which two Homeward prints you want (Childhood scene, Haruka fireworks, Sora at the beach, Nonami kiss, Haruka kiss, Nonami and Riku running)
-Indicate which two bookmarks you want (Nonami, Haruka, or Sora)
-Indicate which Sunrider print you want (Asaga, Chigara, Ava)
-Indicate which Sunrider poster you want (With or without mecha)
-Indicate which two Sunrider bookmarks you want (Asaga, Chigara, Ava, Logo)

I'll try to get individual photographs of all of the merchandise uploaded soon so you know which ones to pick... For now, I'm just trying to get a general idea of how much goods I need.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Kokoro Hane »

W-Whoa...20 dollars for the master collection? Wow *.* Not bad!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Applegate »

How much is shipping internationally and within the US?

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#25 Post by Samu-kun »

Within the US? I think up to $8, depending on how far you are from California.
Outside the US? Depends on the country. If you live on the other side of the globe, it'll be pretty expensive. If you're in Canada on the other hand, I don't think it'll be over $10.

Also, it also depends which collection you get. The commemorative merchandise collection is obviously a lot lighter and so should cost less.

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#26 Post by Samu-kun »

Because of special request, I am adding one more package.

Love in Space Ultimate Collection - $60
1 Nonami CD containing the regular version of Homeward
1 Haruka CD containing Homeward One Story
1 Homeward DVD cover
6 Homeward bookmarks (Featuring all three characters in two different costume variations)
4 Sunrider bookmarks (Asaga, Chigara, Ava, Logo)
6 Homeward Prints (All)
3 Sunrider Prints (All)
3 Sunrider Postcards (All)
2 Sunrider Small Posters (All)
+Bonus Item: 1 Signed Large Sunrider Poster (not available in any other collection)

Obviously for someone who doesn't like choosing between items and just want every single thing I have. ;)

For reference, the large Sunrider poster is this big:

Dimas15

#27 Post by Dimas15 »

This story made me think about myself, I had friends where I lived but I moved and I thought the same a Riku but I'm 20 years old, I've never made any friends or have a girlfriend, my family still fights with each other,and I think my life is almost like Riku, Almost

P.S It's a great story and it made me Cry a lot (I have sensitive feelings)

Story_in_the_Mists

#28 Post by Story_in_the_Mists »

New to visual novels and only recently discovered ren'py. Recently downloaded 'Homeward', and since this is the discussion for it I thought I'd post up a problem I've been having and see if I can get some help. Not sure if its the game specifically or something. I'm on an up to date Mac and it seems when I downloaded Homeward it was a one and done thing.

What I mean is that it works once, then after that...When I start it up, the main menu music plays, but the whole screen is black and there's nothing I can do about it. Every time after the first time. I've gotten rid of it and re-downloaded a few times now and it still does that. Very odd to me. I even tested it by downloading it on a mac laptop I have as well. Same thing, it worked once (and got to play a good amount of it in the Sora arc), yet after I saved and quit...when I came back, black screen with only music playing.

So...any ideas?

Samu-kun
King of Moé

#29 Post by Samu-kun »

Hmm... Try pressing shift+g and forcing another renderer.

Story_in_the_Mists

#30 Post by Story_in_the_Mists »

Thanks for the reply, Samu-kun. Unfortunately, shift+g didn't work. Just tried it. :( Really wanted to play Homeward through to the end too.