Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
redfang

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#16 Post by redfang »

myapple wrote:I've played through about 8 routes so far~
Merris :')

Also I must say, there is something I really love about your artwork. Your style is lovely~
redfang wrote:
Cain0425 wrote:can some help me get Ahrel ending .
Well what I did to get Ahrel's ending was:
Tell Aydin to take you for a walk,slap Rhael,go to the library,tell Aydin that's impossible,call Aydin off,tell him to make sure he comes back,think about Aydin,I don't think telling or not the truth to Merris matters so choose whatever you want,call out to Rhael,stay in Al'Rhael and finally choose to with Ahrel to the festival. And there you go :)
That works!
I went a different route before (forgot what I did though) and got to his route (or so I thought)...but then it diverted back to Aydin XD
Yeah basically to get him you just have to
get into Aydin's route and friendzone(or brotherzone?) him or else you get Aydin
Honestly I liked Merris ending way more than I though I would his CG made drool and he was nicer than I expected.
But something kind of confused me it's when
you choose to tell Merris where Al'Rhael is and he kisses Lorr out of the blue not that I didn't liked it but I didn't understood what was that for
I love this game :D

fae_of_the_rose

#17 Post by fae_of_the_rose »

This game is seriously adorable. I couldn't stop grinning the entire time! (Well, except for the not-so adorable parts.) Is there a list of the endings we get in the game itself? I've gotten one of Rhael's, but I'm not sure which one it is or how to get any other ones of his. Or Aydin's, for that matter. Everyone else is pretty obvious for the most part.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#18 Post by SilverHyena »

@Cain0425: I hear ya! That's part of why I made the game! Well, that and I just generally like bl. XP

@AshenhartKrie: Yeah, school computers won't let you do a lot of things... Ah well, it'll be here when you're able to get it.

@Harumi Fujyoshi: You can never have too much bl! At least, not in my opinion. (Others may disagree.)

@myapple: Thanks! I'm glad you like the art. It's not as pro as a lot of art out there, but it's what I can do. XD But yeah, the main thing with Ahrel's ending is
you have to establish that Aydin is only a brother to you

@redfang: Yeah, about that Merris part...
I mainly wanted to put in more bl. OTL I can justify it in my head, but it doesn't do you guys any good if the information isn't in the game.
Anyway, I'm glad that you're enjoying it! :D

@fae_of_the_rose: Haha, thanks. I tried. As for a list of endings... There wasn't one, but I made one. I'll update it later when I get up the energy to type up how to get them all.

Here's a list of all the endings. I plan on updating it later with how to get them. (And yeah... The titles I gave them are weird, but I figured they'd help you figure out which ones you've already gotten. :P)
1 - Let's Go Home (Sort of Aydin ending... can lean towards Rhael)
2 - It's Been Awhile (Aydin ending)
3 - Helena is preggers (Charlos friend ending)
4 - Moustaches are sexy (Charlos lovers ending)
5 - Threesome?! (Aydin and Rhael ending)
6 - Hotsprings Vacation! (Merris lovers ending)
7 - It's Impossible to be friends! Psych! (Merris friend ending)
8 - Dancing with Rhael (Rhael ending)
9 - I Prefer Older Men (Keral ending)
10 - It turns out I'm Straight (or bi) (Learah lovers ending)
11 - I've Defied the Odds and am with a girl! (Learah friend ending)
12 - Let's Get to Know Ahrel... Intimately?! (Ahrel ending)
13 - Rhael Teaches Aydin Shaheron... Sort Of (Aydin ending)
14 - I Can't be Your Brother (Aydin ending)
15 - I Don't Think of You That Way (Aydin ending)
16 - I'm Marrying You and That's Final! (Aydin ending)
17 - Worst Story Ever (Rhael ending)
18 - It was Okay... Except That One Part (Rhael ending)
19 - Storytime with Lorr (Rhael ending)
20 - Onward to Rhael's room! ;D (Rhael ending)
21 - Super Mega Hug! (Aydin ending)

fae_of_the_rose

#19 Post by fae_of_the_rose »

Those titles are hilarious and extremely helpful XD Thank you!

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by try10 »

I loved the game so much. The art is so cute and the dialogue keept me laughting all the time. :lol: :D

I would have been nice if it had some music and a CG gallery. ( the CG were hilarious :D )

I still have 3 more endings ( 12, 14 and 15 ) but I have no ideea how to get them. :oops:

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Cain0425 »

well the only ending I need to get now are this endings 3,7,11,14,15,19,20,21 hope there a walkthrough some day lol

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#22 Post by SilverHyena »

@fae_of_the_rose: Haha, I'm horrible at naming things seriously. I'm glad you managed to enjoy them.

@try10: I looked into making a gallery, but it was pretty intimidating. I'm afraid I'm not at that level yet. Making music for it was even scarier. *Shudder* But yeah, I explain how to get those endings below so check it out.

@Cain0425: Well, it's not a full walkthrough, but I explained how to get the ones you're missing. ;D

How to get the endings asked about: (Just ask if I need to be clearer. I only posted the most basic info)
3- Don't go for a walk with Aydin, when you get the option to choose your toast, toast Helena. Think Rhael when that option comes up or it will default to ending 2. Then make sure you go back to Gradoa.

7- When you get the first option with Merris, lie to him. Don't shout out to Rhael, stay quiet. Don't call Aydin back. That will get you this ending.

11- Don't meet Learah earlier in the game (So, avoid going to the market). Think Rahel in the cell and when you get to the festival choose Learah.

12- You need to establish that you only think of Aydin as a brother. You can do this one of two ways. 1.) Walk with Aydin instead of letting him leave, then slap Rhael, Go to the library, and when the flashback comes up don't make the promise. or 2.) Comment on the fact that Rhael speaks your language, don't know what to talk about, and tell Rhael he's your brother. After you've done this, pick Think Aydin when that comes up. Shout to Rhael, stay in Ah'Rahel, and then choose Ahrel for the final event. If you've successfully confirmed that you think of Aydin as a brother you'll get the ending that you're looking for.

14- Again, you have to establish that Aydin is your brother. Then be wishy washy about it. When you get the option to tell him to take care or that you love him, say you love him. Think Aydin and go to Ah'Rahel and it should get you this ending.

15- Exact same thing as 14, but tell him to take care instead of I love you.

19- Comment on the fact that Rhael knows Gradoan, Don't get in between him and Aydin when Aydin attacks. When you're in the cell think about Rhael. Choose Rhael at the festival.

20- Same as 19, but get between Rhael and Aydin when Aydin attacks.

21- Don't make the promise to Aydin, but don't establish that he's your brother either. So, avoid the library and if you talk to Rhael about Aydin don't tell him that Aydin is your brother. Think Aydin in the cell and choose to meet up with Aydin at the festival.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#23 Post by Snow Blossom »

BOOYAH!!! Got all 21 endings, finally~~! :D God I haven't felt this accomplished in a while (I have no life haha)....
Since I'm barely even half-awake at the moment, I'll spare you of my incoherent rambling and cut my commentary short.
HOLY CRAP was this game fun. Although the no-music thing was a bummer at first since I'm really fond of music in general, I found all of the characters cute and likable (Aidyn and Ahrel especially! >///<), and the art fit the general feel of the game very well. I fangirled a substantial bit over Merris too, but that was mainly just because I fell for his character design at first sight. :roll: My favorite endings were probably Ending 2 and the
3P
ending, mainly because the former was sweet and open-ended, but not overly cheesy, while the latter was just plain fun.
All in all, this game did not disappoint me at all (which happens rarely, as of late), and I'll definitely be looking forward to any of your future games!

Arelune
Regular

#24 Post by Arelune »

So many endings...but I got them all. :D Thanks to the walkthrough.
This was quite a fun story, and there were some interesting choices. Every character was relatable. I liked that Merris wasn't just some blood-thirsty general.
Though that sudden kiss bothered me. Don't I know you for like a few minutes, sir?
I loved the friendship ends and especially ending 15 (platonic). I mean forever living together with someone as a very close brother? My asexual self is satisfied. :3
Contrary to that I got the threesome ending first. Well why not I guess? Easy solution. :P
The romance with the side characters feel sometimes a bit random. Probably because you don't really see much of them in the story.

Now some nitpicks about more technical stuff:
-Some transitions when you start the game and between scenes would make it all flow better.
-It's better to use exact colours from the sprite as name labels. The way it is now, they don't complement the rest of the colours. They stick out, especially Carlos name colour doesn't fit.
-When you meet Aydin for the first time, there's a bit of a info-dump. It's not that major, but it might be best to scrap that and spread it over the course of the story. Actually you can already gather that from info you get later. The way it is now is kind of similar to those mangas that start with: Hi, my name is... This is my brother who ...
-I'm really not a fan of the note in the game. It breaks immersion, and it's not like it wasn't obvious.

Hmm, my favourite character would be Aydin. I just love his flashbacks with Lorr. :)

Alopex

#25 Post by Alopex »

I've been playing through and have about 75% of the endings so far! It's pretty cute and I like it a lot. There's a great deal of typos cropping up, which is pretty much the only complaint I have. If you make another one, I'd suggest getting a beta reader to go through the file before you upload it; if you've been staring at the same words for a long time, it's really hard to notice spelling errors and the like.

I love them all, but my favorite's gotta be Rhael. He knows what he likes and he's not afraid to say it.
Dad End was pretty great too, though. Shameless royal family is the best. Ahrel takes after his mom, I'm guessing?

SilverHyena
Veteran

#26 Post by SilverHyena »

@SnowBlossom: Whoo! Congrats! *applauds you* And sorry about the music thing. I know it bummed some people out majorly. It's just when I thought of incorporating music after doing all that other work it seemed pretty intimidating. I'm going to force myself to make a smaller project next so I can work on stuff like improving my programming (it needs it big time) and incorporating music. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

@Arelune: Oh wow! Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep that stuff in mind for my next game. It's really helpful. I knew about the transition one... I tried some stuff, but I couldn't get it to work properly. There was always a lag and it ended up looking awkward. I'm such a programming noob. OTL But yeah, I'm going to try and learn more about the programming aspect of Ren'Py for my next project so hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to fix that. Thanks for taking the time to look it over so thoroughly.

@Alopex: Agh. Sorry for the typo thing. I thought I gave it a pretty good look, but you're right. After awhile it all looks the same. Okay, so next time I'll get a beta-reader.
And yeah, I love Rhael's whole family. They're silly. I think Ahrel is the black sheep in the family though because I have the feeling that Rhael's mom might be more like Keral and Rhael. Of course, I didn't give her that much thought so she could be any way you'd like to imagine her. :D

nefferinthia
Regular

#27 Post by nefferinthia »

Wow, I ended up really loving this. It incorporates a lot of things I really love love love! Ah, is that too much love? Anyway, onward~

I really like your art style, it's cute and not overly shiny, which I like. I adored the sheer amount of CGs and the fact that every character had an ending of sorts <3 Especially that last one is the best idea ever. In almost every visual novel I've played there's been an 'ungettable' character that I would definitely want to get. And this just... solves all those problems! I loved the dynamic Lorr and Aydin had going; it was really cool and just omg, brotherly looove <3 I that's why my favorite ending is the one where they get married (x Haven't reached all the endings yet though, but a fair amount of them. Any you really want me to see? Then I'll get them (x I wasn't really bothered by the lack of music but it's definitely something to include in your next game. Speaking of next games, I will most definitely be following your work. This is probably in my top 3 of favorite VNs right now o u o

Anyway~ Keep up the good work! Thank you for this awesome game <3

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#28 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Wow it was really nice!! even though there was no music, aI ended up loving it!!
I must say Rhael is my favourite hahaha he is funny and all!!

well there are only two endings I have problem with getting 10 and 13 :/
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

SilverHyena
Veteran

#29 Post by SilverHyena »

@Harumi Fujyoshi: Awww! You're comment makes me really happy! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it that much! And yeah, I totally get wanting characters that you can't get (My biggest one might be Yosuke from Persona 4. I mean, yeah, you can be bffs, but it's just not enough. TT_TT). That's definitely a big part of why I decided to do that. That, and Merris was too pretty. I had to make an ending for him... And then it wasn't fair to leave the others out. OTL

@DiamondRoseTears: Haha, thanks! I'm glad you like it. And yeah, Rhael is something special, isn't he? :D I'm glad he turned out to be pretty likable.

For ending 10:
Basically, you have to meet Learah earlier in the game. So when you get the choice to slap rhael or comment on the fact that he knows the Gradoan language, slap him. Then you should get the option of places to go. Choose market. Then think Rhael when that option comes up in the cell. When you make it to the festival, choose Learah and you should get this ending. :D
For ending 13:
Choose to comment on the fact that Rhael knows your language. When Aydin charges don't get between him and Rhael. Think Rhael in the cell and when you pick Rhael at the festival you should get this ending.

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#30 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Thank you for helping me!! With your help I was able to get the 10th ending, but when I try to get 13 I always get 19 :/ I don't know If I'm doing something wrong, but I did exactly as you said but still... :/
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love