Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#106 Post by SilverHyena »

Sorry for the late replies on some of the comments. I disappear and reappear randomly. :P

@pinkmouse: It definitely is less of an art burden! Especially since I hate drawing backgrounds (as you could probably tell since they're less than spectacular). The sand was so easy to draw. 8) You make a good point on the file size thing. I think in the future I'll do two different releases: one with music and one without so people can pick. And who doesn't have a thing for random guys that drag you off into the desert? :D

@TLAOIt: Haha, yeah. The Aydin/Aidyn thing is probably my biggest embarrassment. You can go with whichever one you want since I don't really remember which one I wanted at the start. :P (If I ever do a remake I will fix this!) Anyway, thank you so much! I feel like a 6 is pretty good considering how many flaws the game actually has. It was my first attempt and I've learned a lot since then. My goal is to get good enough so that I can make commercial worthy games on my own!

@kaiiryan: Aw, you're welcome! Thanks for playing it!

@philip: Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

@Chikibini: Well, welcome to the wonderful world LSF games! There are quite a few gems out there! I'm thankful you decided to check out mine! And yeah, I can see how the endings would be kind of confusing. I made the game with the intent that most people wouldn't see them all, but I'm continuously surprised by how many people go through the effort to find them! :shock: It's pretty awesome! Anyway, to answer your question I'm currently working on the script for a commercial game (I got hired to write a Winter Wolves game). It's a bxb game as well. That's taking up my time right now. Still, you can bet I'll eventually get back to doing some smaller free projects eventually. I enjoy it too much not to.

Aoba_Seragaki

#107 Post by Aoba_Seragaki »

Ahhh, I love this game. I actually finished this game a while back along with Mira's Magical Mishap. (Love the alliteration by the way) They're both very enjoyable XD Back on review.
I found Aydin and Lorr's relationship to be so adorable especially when he confessed and said he didn't want to stay as Lorr's brother. :wink: :wink: I loved Rhael's straight-forwardness too, his teasing , flirting and Lorr's reactions. I also actually loved Merris though his route was an add-on and wasn't very detailed but that Lorr x Merris Kissing CG! :D :D
I'm just gonna say I loved Lorr the most. He's such a babe <3 MARRY ME LORR GODDAMMIT Please make more gamesss! The lack of music didn't disappoint me too and I loved the writing :o Won't you tell me which Winter Wolves game you're working on? 8) 8) 8)

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#108 Post by SilverHyena »

@Aoba_Seragaki: Sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm always so slow... :P And haha, yes. I like the alliteration too. I'm bad at naming things in general but using alliteration makes it a bit easier for me for some reason. ;) Anyway, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed both of them. And whoo! I'm glad you said that! I got a lot of feedback on the other characters, but I hadn't heard anything on Lorr. I figured that was because he was the player character so it was a bit harder to pick up on his personality. Making visual novels is fun so I don't plan to stop anytime soon. :D I'm actually kind of trying to put together a small one for a game jam now. I don't know if I'll have the time to finish it though since my priority is the WinterWolves game. And yes, I can tell you which one I'm working on since we've put out some more info on it. I'm working on Heirs and Graces, WinterWolves' first fully bxb game! :D *throws confetti* (And if you want to see more of my art, I actually did the chibi scenes for Cute Demon Crashers. I'm using the handle Mint Cookie since the whole group wanted to go by cutesy names)

tayvienoon
Tumblr: Tayvie.tumblr.com

#109 Post by tayvienoon »

I played this a long time ago and I can't believe I stumbled upon this again. (I thought it was lost forever lol) This game brought me some fun and was a great time-killer. It's good to hear that you're still making VNs!

SilverHyena
Veteran

#110 Post by SilverHyena »

@Tayvienoon: Haha, yeah! I totally understand. Every time I think it's buried forever in the forums someone comments and it's back on top. :P But yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yes I'm still making VNs. Heirs and Graces is for Winter Wolves so all the updates are on the actual site instead of a wip topic in the forums. That's why it looks like I've been doing nothing. Haha. (I might start a wip topic for the other game I mentioned. That might make me more inclined to finish it. :P)

frystavirki
Tumblr: frystavirki

#111 Post by frystavirki »

Hi! This game looks like fun and I'd love to play it...but I actually can't get anything to come up other than a black screen? I downloaded the Mediafire file and extracted it as normal, but when I attempt to open the app, there's nothing. My computer plays other Ren'py games fine, so I was wondering what I messed up in this case and if anyone else had this issue? Thanks very much!

...wow that is a lot of exclamation points.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#112 Post by SilverHyena »

@frystavirki: Hey there! Thanks for attempting to try out my game! I have to admit I am in no way a tech person so my suggestions might not be the most helpful. I'll give it the old college try though! Anyway, it sounds like you extracted it and since you've played other Ren'py games so that shouldn't be the problem. My only real guess is that maybe it downloaded wrong? :| Maybe try the 4shared link if that doesn't intimidate you. It is on an older version of Ren'py, but I think it should still be playable. (What I should really do is make an updated version with prettier graphics, but I'm lazy. :P) Anyway, let me know if you're still having problems. It's just bringing a black screen up for you, huh? Are you using a Mac or Linux? I have windows so that's the only one I've tested it on. Not sure that has anything to do with anything, but I'll try to look into the problem a little more.

frystavirki
Tumblr: frystavirki

#113 Post by frystavirki »

Okay, after testing out a download of the 4shared version, it still doesn't appear to be working? I'm on a Windows computer, so it's not the OS. Thank you for your help if you do get the time to check if there are any problems! :o

wkad

#114 Post by wkad »

Hello SilverHyena!

That was refreshing... Thanks!!

I'm particularly interesed in desert-themed stuff (egypt, arabian, etc), so I was really happy to find a BxB story with this plot!! It's not the most common theme in anime/manga/stuff nowadays.

I loved each centimeter, devoured each line, hyped up each choice and happily saw a lot of different endings <3

I believe that the only way to make me like it even more would be if it were GxG, but ok... BxB was entertaining enough... Especially thanks to sweet Rhael. Oh, and sure Learah was eye-candy enough.

Thanks again for this piece of heaven!

(I'm still to check your GxG project - so sad it isn't so desert-oriented)

Majohn Groo

#115 Post by Majohn Groo »

When I go to look at the endings, nothing shows up! Look at attached picture. (Zoomed out to show the full screen)
Attachments
worjoejr.png
(7.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet

SilverHyena
Veteran

#116 Post by SilverHyena »

You're looking at the guide in the first post, right? You have to highlight it with your cursor to see it because I put a spoiler tag on it so that people who don't want to get any spoilers won't.

Let me know if that isn't working though. If it's still an issue I can probably pm you the un-hidden version of it or something.

Majohn Groo

#117 Post by Majohn Groo »

Thank you so much! I probably would have never realized that :lol: At one point I decided to go through the script to see if I could get it. I got three endings, and I was DONE!

koga.luvy

#118 Post by koga.luvy »

Hey! so I just pretty much reinforce what's been said pretty much XD to say how great the characters were and the pairings available which I love XD never expected the threesome ending, as tend to approach aims to one line of thought and it led to that XD and then after, unlocked what endings I could from all my saves w/ the help of your walkthrough - though had difficulty with Ending#21 b/c of the Lorr offering help scene, where he says his brother is high up and he is Aydin, so pretty much stopped it at that b/c the walkthrough says not to tell Rhael & it seems the same is said a few times, so after some guidance

I don't know who I like the most tbh with how great each are & while some commentators have spoke of Merris' sudden kiss, I think it does add to the whole w/ how these guys are sudden interested in Lorr, only for the kiss to mean nothing when he threatens to kill him after he calls to Rhael - It also adds to the whole evil but pretty, but then Merris wasn't actually totally evil, while Lorr plays the potential foe but cute role....

but yeah! I support what others I've said, please please please make another one ;) with or without music, the game was just as superb, great even ;)

SilverHyena
Veteran

#119 Post by SilverHyena »

@Majohn Groo: I do not blame you. That script is a mess. That's part of why I want to remake the game. (I'm still a lousy programmer, but I'm much better than I was.)

@koga.luvy: I'm always shocked when someone revives this topic since this game has been out forever now. Haha. It's always a good shock though. Thank you so much for all your kind words. Know that I plan to keep making games forever. 8)

koga.luvy

#120 Post by koga.luvy »

Haha XD Reviving the topic was a bonus X_x while playing a game/VN from a download is pretty new to me and so, baring in mind how much I enjoyed it, I thought it worth throwing up my thanks and that game interest has lasted ;) and remains enjoyable =]

I would like any hints as far as Ending#21 goes, as find talk of Lorr's brother/Aydin crops up quite a bit...