Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#46 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Finally played through some endings! I have to say, the fact that there was no music was nothing. It was very awesome! Being honest, I'm not a BL fan, that's why until now I don't know why I like this thing... XD

I haven't got 2, 3, 9 (practically because it creeps me out, so I won't be trying this), 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18 and 21. The rest that I had finished = awesomesauce. I like how you didn't make this pure BL and inserted some B X G, even if it's just two endings. Learah looks like a cool person, and it would have been better if some more scenes with her are shown.

From the guys, I like Rhael. Aydin sounds like a typical bestfriend obtainable (not to mention he looks like the typical RPG hero, too!), so it was a bit of a turn-off, but Rhael was a realistic person because he still have flaws and family issues with all that flirting. Aydin... I can't really form it in my head how they got that close, considering they were kids and usually they won't have thought's like that =\ Still, he was a nice person. Have I missed it, or is there a kiss scene with him somewhere!?
By the way, you forgot to archive the image files, that's why with opening the game folder, there you go all the CGs and sprites and stuff. Ahahahaha I looked at all the CGs from there ahahahahaha
I am still pretty confused myself why I like this. XD Now I am wishing you make another BL VN. I'll praise you forever. With music please. *shot

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#47 Post by SilverHyena »

@darkphilious: Yeah, I really need to stop being lazy and make a guide already. *Sigh* Well, I wrote how to get some of the endings in this forum. That might help. I'm glad you managed to enjoy it despite not being a fan of bxb!

@meiruhamu: I've been wanting to. I just need to set up my computer so it can play that file type. I've been lazy about that, but I'll eventually get to it! :D

@Lumen_Astrum: There is one kiss scene with Aydin. I got so tired of drawing kisses after awhile (and I'm not all that great at it in the first place) so I think that's what happened. I should have done at least one more though. *Fail on my part* But yeah, I agree that it would have been cool to have more scenes with characters like Learah (I like her too). Originally only Rhael and Aydin were going to be obtainable so that's why they get the most screen time. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to play it! I can tell you that my next project will have music, but it will be shorter and it will be a gxg game. (I'm trying to focus on learning more about Ren'py so I figured a smaller project would work better for that)
On a side note, I can't believe I did that! Agh! It just shows what a noob I am with Ren'Py. I'll try to fix that for my next game, but I guess it's okay since I couldn't figure out how to make a gallery anyway. (That would be the silver lining)

respiration

#48 Post by respiration »

I want to play this in the worst way, but I appear to be having some hardware issues when I try to run it. D: I get an
"exception: shader error" traceback.txt file that shows up when I attempt to open the application file.

Perhaps I'll throw it on a flash drive and see if I can run it on another computer. I'll be sure to let you know what I think if/when I get it working. <3 Thank you so much for the effort you invested; it looks beautiful in the screenshots.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#49 Post by SilverHyena »

Agh! I'm sorry you're having problems! I wish I was more computer savy so I could help you out, but I'm not. Please let me know if you get the same problem on another computer. If it's a reoccurring problem I'll try and figure out what's going on (it'll probably go over my head though).

And thanks! I did my best with my limited Ren'py knowledge! I hope I'll get even better as I make more games!

respiration

#50 Post by respiration »

Silver:
I'm so excited, I looked around through some of the creator's posts, and found a solution to my problem: the program was crashing before it had an opportunity to give me an option between rendering. I had to create a .txt file with a single line of additional code and now it's working fantastically! I will start playing right now. :)

zanub98

#51 Post by zanub98 »

First of all, I love this game! The art is so cute and adorable and wahh!! Im in love with it! :)
I was wondering how you get the 3p ending?
Thanks in advance! :)

SilverHyena
Veteran

#52 Post by SilverHyena »

@respiration: Ah good! I'm so glad you managed to figure it out! I hope you enjoy it!

@zanub98: Aww! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! To get the ending with Aydin and Rhael:
When you get to the part where you're asked to think about one or the other just pick both of them. (Haha,I know, I know, it defies visual novel logic. You usually have to pick one or the other, but really it's okay. I didn't want to punish anyone for making the choices they wanted to make!) Then just make sure you don't go along with the Merris path (call out to Rhael instead of staying quiet). I do believe that's it. It has been awhile since I've gone through it though. :shock: Tell me if you have any more trouble.
On a side note, I really need to put together a guide or something. I've been seriously slacking.

zanub98

#53 Post by zanub98 »

SilverHyena wrote:@respiration: Ah good! I'm so glad you managed to figure it out! I hope you enjoy it!

@zanub98: Aww! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! To get the ending with Aydin and Rhael:
When you get to the part where you're asked to think about one or the other just pick both of them. (Haha,I know, I know, it defies visual novel logic. You usually have to pick one or the other, but really it's okay. I didn't want to punish anyone for making the choices they wanted to make!) Then just make sure you don't go along with the Merris path (call out to Rhael instead of staying quiet). I do believe that's it. It has been awhile since I've gone through it though. :shock: Tell me if you have any more trouble.
On a side note, I really need to put together a guide or something. I've been seriously slacking.

Thank you so much! I got their ending and its adorable :) Yay!

ShininK

#54 Post by ShininK »

I played this last night. Oh god I loved it so much Q___Q I think I fell for Rhael just a little bit xDD Awesome job!

SilverHyena
Veteran

#55 Post by SilverHyena »

@Zanub98: Thanks! Glad I could help! XD

@ShininK: Aww, thanks! Rhael is quite the character! Haha!

stellacisem
Regular

#56 Post by stellacisem »

This game is so truly awesome!! I really liked the art style, and I also definitely liked the plot! But for the life of me, I can't get endings 5 and 16 :cry: Can you tell me what to do to get it?
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#57 Post by SilverHyena »

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Anyway, here are how to get the endings:
5 - Threesome?! (Aydin and Rhael ending)
When you get to the part where you're asked to think about one or the other just pick both of them. (Haha,I know, I know, it defies visual novel logic. You usually have to pick one or the other, but really it's okay. I didn't want to punish anyone for making the choices they wanted to make!) Then just make sure you don't go along with the Merris path (call out to Rhael instead of staying quiet).

16 - I'm Marrying You and That's Final! (Aydin ending)
Walk with Aydin. Slap Rhael. Go to the Library. Make the promise with Aydin. Think Aydin and make sure you choose him at the festival. (I think those are the important ones, but it doesn't hurt to suck up to him when you can. :P)
Also, please tell me if you can't get 16. I think that's right, but I might be missing a step. It's been forever since I've gone through it. OTL

On a side note, I finally made an ending guide. It's on the first page under the ending list. :P

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#58 Post by inhalance »

I just finished playing through and I got most of the endings. I absolutely loved the plot and the characters, but I admit I enjoyed your art the most. Thanks for such a great game! :)
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

Asachi
Projects: TTB(On Hiatus)

#59 Post by Asachi »

This was the first BL game I played, I've a BL fan for some time now but have been really unsure of BL games but ohoho~ This was a great experience!
I really love your art style, it's simple and cute but the anatomy is really accurate! I also like the fact that the background was drawn in a similar style as the sprites, it matches really well! The colour scheme matches the theme of deserts very well. I'm just going to keep on going about the art if I continue haha (●´∀`●)
I like the characters a lot too, they each have their own quirks and it was really interesting, I also like how you can date every character lol. I guess I must say, my favorite character was Merris, when he first appear, my heart was instantly stolen(´ω`★). I think I also died a little on the inside when he died in the other paths... Somehow, I want to see him bottoming with a kareshi shirt ohoho~ But who to ship with, the king?o(≧∇≦o)
I really enjoyed this game, it was short and sweet, lovable! I look forward to your other games~

P.S. I also drew some fanart(★^O^★)
Attachments
cuties everywhere.png

Yumie

#60 Post by Yumie »

even though im not a fan of BL.. somehow i love this game. it was really cute & sweet ^^