Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#61 Post by SilverHyena »

@inhalance: Thank you! Making all the art was a lot of work so I'm glad that it's being appreciated!

@Asachi: I'm glad I managed to leave a good impression for the sake of all bl games out there (not that there are that many in English yet. Sigh. One day, one day. I'll just have to help it along! ;D) And thank you so much for the kind comments on my art. It took a lot of time to finish everything-- especially the backgrounds since I hate backgrounds. Still, I think you're right. The fact that I drew them and the sprites makes them match well so I'm glad that I went through that effort. I love Merris as well (He's probably my favorite character too. :P) I hate that I ended up
killing him off
, but at the same time I felt it was kinda necessary. Maybe I'll have to put him in another game. It doesn't have to make sense. He can just be there. :P He'd make a cute bottom, wouldn't he? I'd like to see that too actually. Hehehehe. *shot* But yeah, pairing him with the king... That's an interesting combo.

And OMG! Fan art! And a really cute piece of fan art too! Thank you so much for taking the time to make something so lovely! I'll treasure it FOREVER!

@Yumie: Haha, thank you! I've been getting that comment quite a bit actually. I'm glad that I could make the game fun for people who aren't particularly fond of bl.

Yumie

#62 Post by Yumie »

@silver: you're welcome..just promise that you'll make awesome vns always kay?huhuu :3

Hibikai
Regular

#63 Post by Hibikai »

It took me a while to get all the endings, but this game is awesome! :D Thank you so much for working on it! :D

Vinrose

#64 Post by Vinrose »

Ah, I loved this! The drawings and the backgrounds were so beautiful! Good job and thank you so much :)

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#65 Post by SilverHyena »

@Yumie: Haha! Promise! I may be really slow, but I think there fun so abandoning them completely is out of the question! :D

@Hibikai: I'm continually impressed by all the people who actually made the effort to get all of the endings. I didn't expect that. Anyway, congrats! *Gives you the gold star of epic awesomeness* And thanks! XD

@Vinrose: Aww, thanks! I tried. I hope to continue improving my art for future vns too!

Dougstyles

#66 Post by Dougstyles »

While I'm nowhere near finished, I thought I just had to make a comment after spending some time playing.

I never thought I'd enjoy a BxB game, and certainly couldn't imagine stomaching one without sound.

I stand corrected on both counts. The writing flows nicely and the art is wonderful, not to mention that Rhael is a darn cutie. Very impressive thus far. And your first project, too!

HienFan
Regular
Projects: Mystic China, Kirei no shojo no yume

#67 Post by HienFan »

Played the game tonight, I am a massive Yaoi fangirl, I love Aydin and got his first ending first and tried the secret ending. Imma gonna try every ending and save all the other Aydin endings for last(save the best for last is my motto). Childhood friends romance FTW

Hope

#68 Post by Hope »

I can't count how many times I have played through this, It's amazing. The characters are likable, the decisions you make in the game actually mean something (and the fact that it's a BXB game gives It a huge bonus). I was pleasantly surprised that you there was the option to have a female ending, I really liked Learah. This is probably one of the best BXB games I have played in a while, I Must thank you for putting the time and effort in to make this.

TheOneTwo
Regular

#69 Post by TheOneTwo »

I'm done playing this game.. A long time ago. LOL
No, seriously, I played this last year. :D I just didn't saw it's thread before..

Ok, reviews. :

Hmm.. This is a really nice game. I love Yaoi's!! :mrgreen:

I love the art, the chara's are really cute! ^^ I also love the fact that the main chara could date almost.. everyone in the game. (Is it really almost? Sorry if I forgot. XD But, I think everyone there is obtainable, right?)
I love it how the main guy could also date a girl.. And a pretty one at it. :lol:
I remembered how Rhael.. had this HUGE impact on me. I mean, he's a pervert. XD But.. well.. also sweet!
Merris and Aydin are really attractive. REALLY.

But, overall, the game is good. Me is sad it ain't got music though. :)
But it's really nice! Maybe it's kinda late.. but, congrats in making such a great game. :wink:
Bish please, I'm fab.

elephantbuns

#70 Post by elephantbuns »

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

*Flails happily*
The first ending I got was the threesome ending, which I thought was pretty funny, and then I played it again and again to get aaaall the endings. I love the characters so much, they're all brilliant in their own ways, but I have to say my favorite love interest has to be Aydin, because he was responsible for all my crieeeeeeeeeeees and their dynamic is possibly one of my favorite things of all time, but I love the other love interests too! It made me laugh and it made me cry...which is exactly what a good story should do in my opinion. Some of the drawings were so incredibly cute that they actually made me guffaw, which wasn't particularly attractive, but I forgive you.
So in conclusion: you are awesome! This is now on my list of favorite VN's, I liked it that much. I hope you'll continue to make games and provide us with some more of your incredible awesomeness!

SilverHyena
Veteran

#71 Post by SilverHyena »

@Dougstyles: Thanks so much! I'm so glad you managed to enjoy it-- especially since it didn't have music. That's something I intend to correct with my next one. I now realize how many people actually appreciate having a soundtrack go along with their visual novels.

@Heinfan: Haha, good luck! There are a lot of endings! You can usually get multiple endings on each path though so it's not as hard as it could be I guess (and now there is a guide if you need help! :D). Thank you for playing the game and I'm glad you're enjoying it enough to go back and get more of the endings.

@Hope: Thanks so much! I really tried to have the decisions change different things. I mean, even if they didn't influence the overall path I tried to have them switch up the dialogue a bit. It was quite the undertaking, but if you appreciate it it was all worthwhile! :D I really like Learah too. If I do another visual novel that requires a merchant character or something I might give her a cameo appearance or something. :D I'd kind of like to have a game where she's more than a secondary character.

@TheOneTwo: Everyone with a sprite was date-able. So the only characters that weren't would be Helena (Charlo's wife) and the girl in the Gradoan marketplace (which happens to be a sneakily placed cameo of the game creator! *coughatleastwhatshewishedIlookedlikecough* Har Har Har!). I decided to do that because I wanted Merris to be date-able and it kind of snowballed from there. Anyway, thank you for all the wonderful compliments and I promise I'll have music in my games from now on!

@elephantbuns: Awww, thanks! I'm honored that my humble first attempt at a vn has managed to make your faves list! :D That really makes me feel good! And don't worry! They're a lot of fun so I plan to continue making them FOREVER!!! Hah. The next one is going to be a gxg game (gxg fans need more games too), but after that I'll probably make another bxb game since that's what I enjoy most!

kuchiyume

#72 Post by kuchiyume »

I almost finished it, and i would like to thank you because i really enjoyed playing this game.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#73 Post by SilverHyena »

@Kuchiyume: Thanks! And thank you for playing it! That makes all the work worthwhile! :D

Akisakura

#74 Post by Akisakura »

Thank you so much for making this game!!! It is very good!!
Sacred Sand is actually the first time I've been determined to get every single ending in a visual novel! (I've gotten 10 so far!!! Normally I just get 1 or 2, then quit...)
The characters are all have interesting personalities, and I like the colors you used as well!

Oh, and I'm your fan now! If you make any more VNs, I will definitely play them(I'd buy them even!)! :D
Avatar made using Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8

Einara
Regular

#75 Post by Einara »

Got ending 5 on my first try. That was pretty entertaining!