Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [Fantasy]

#121 Post by sanashi27 »

I haven't commented on this one? I can't believe it...

This is one of the first games I downloaded and played years ago when I found out there are free games online that aren't browser games or puzzle games lol. I loved it. By loved, I mean unlike the other games I played that I deleted after playing, this one hasn't been deleted (alongside Autumn's Journey and Re:Alistair++). In fact, I still have the zip I downloaded years ago (and is one of the few things I managed to save before our old laptop crashed completely T^T).

The characters are nicely drawn (I love your art. I like cute boys and the guys are cute) and the story is interesting. I love everyone but is weirded out that Rhael's dad and Carlos have endings with Lorr. Rhael's dad for obvious reasons and Carlos cause he's freaking married. The 1st ending I got was the threesome ending by the way. It was cute and it's my fave. Other than that, I really like Aydin and his endings.

Oh, there's this part somewhere that when Aydin is on screen and then Merris appears, another sprite of Aydin shows up on screen so there'd be two of them. It think it's some kinda glitch...

There might be no gallery menu but I checked all the folders and the pictures were in one of them so it's fine lol. But if you're ever gonna do a remake, a gallery would be nice. That way, it's easier to see what else hasn't been unlocked.

Thanks for the game by the way. it's one of the best BL games I've played (for free cause I'm too poor to buy commercial ones lol).
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#122 Post by SilverHyena »

@ koga.luvy: Oh my gosh! Did I really forget to respond to this? Sorry! :shock: Thank you for the kind words and if ending 21 is still a mystery try looking at the guide on the first post. Just highlight the white block to see the spoiler stuff. If it's still not clear let me know. I'll actually look it up and figure it out again. It's been so long that I don't actually remember the finer points. :P (Bad me)

@ sanashi27: Gah! Thank you so much! Hearing things like that even after all this time really makes my day! I'm happy that my clunky first attempt still manages to bring joy to people! Haha! I imagine the glitch you found was just my bad programming. I've come a long way since then. (I can do much smoother transitions now too! Huzzah!) Anyway, it may please you to know that I am actually working on a remake of the game. Progress is slow since it's really low on my priority list, but it is happening. It will have a gallery (since I figured out how to do that for Mira's Magical Mishap) and there will be at least one new character on top of some more/expanded events. Anyway, I hope to make many more free bxb games so I hope you keep enjoying them! 8)

txqina
Regular

#123 Post by txqina »

Thanks SilverHyena for writing this VN. I enjoyed it.

I should explain that, because it was essentially a BxB rather than BxG game, I wouldn't have downloaded it.
However:
- there was an ending with a girl, although not a major route of course
- there was an ending guide; so I could have a streamlined path to get the only ending I thought I would want, without hours of trial and error.
Thank you for putting in the effort to create these things because it meant I tried the game.

Once I started playing I found the story interesting and I eventually tried the threesome ending and Aydan ending 16 as well as Learah, to see more about the characters and their story outcomes. So in future I may try some other BxB games, based on this positive experience.

sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

#124 Post by sanashi27 »

*starts drooling* Remake... oh gosh, YES!!

I'll be looking forward to that :) Good luck!
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#125 Post by SilverHyena »

@ txqina: Oh wow! That's awesome! Haha. Sorry about making you work through all the bxb stuff, but I take it as a huge compliment that you powered through and even branched out! XD Thank you for playing it! And I promise to flesh out the Learah x Lorr relationship more in the remake. I want want to make hers and a couple of the other character routes feel like real ones instead of just tacked on ones. (Of course, Rhael and Aydin will still hog the spotlight. I mean, they were the only ones that I originally intended to write endings for. Haha)

@ sanashi27: Glad you're excited for it! Here's the topic for the remake: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=36794. There's not a lot going on in it yet, but you can at least see the new character if you scroll down far enough. :)

Fantasysci5

#126 Post by Fantasysci5 »

I just found "Sacred Sand" and I am blown away! It might be one of my favorite vn games now. The bxb is what caught my eye, but it has so much more going for it! I think the graphics are gorgeous, especially for a free game. It always bothers me when cgs look so much better than the rest of the time, but thankfully they both look great and seamlessly go back and forth. The world building is wonderful, it immediately caught my interest and felt natural. I can't tell you how many games I try that throw so much information at me about the world that I get a bit bored and overwhelmed. Not the case here. The characters are really distinct and likable, and so many choices!
I was hoping for a threesome ending, and started squeeing out loud like crazy when I found it!!
I love this so much, thank you for making it. <3