Love and War: Act I Revamp RELEASED!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Admiral Styles

Love and War: Act I Revamp RELEASED!

#1 Post by Admiral Styles »

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPwbaEVIkA

Greetings and salutations, denizens of the Lemma Soft forums! Wow, has it been a while and a half. :) I posted here a while and a half ago about one of my little sideprojects, a sidestory to my main series, Love and War. I've returned to put up the main entry in the series, Act I of Love and War!

Well, if you're not familiar with the earlier incarnations, just what is "Love and War"? Well, it's a JRPG made with RPG Maker 2000 that focuses on plot and character development. I've been working on it for what seems like forever (and possibly is), and this is what I call the "revamped" version of Act I. What's new? For starters, it now features a lot of voice acting! The script weighed in at 117 pages and over 1,600 lines, and it took an agonizing amount of time and effort to round up voice actors, haha. The new version also contains new artwork (although sadly only the first half of the cutscenes were completed... oh well), redone mapwork, and new sidequests. I think it's a better and stronger project because of it, and I hope you'll agree! :)

Anyhoo, you can find our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/loveandwartherpg
The LAW webpage here: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/
And here's a direct link to the new file: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/downloads/Law1.exe

(Should the font looks scrunched up or be otherwise unreadable, please download and install this font patch: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/downloads/Rm2k_fp.zip)

I hope you enjoy, and I'd very much appreciate any feedback you might have. :) If you have any questions or what not, I'll do what I can to answer them too!
Last edited by Admiral Styles on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When men are pure, laws are useless;
When men are corrupt, laws are broken."
-Benjamin Disraeli

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Love and War: Act I Revamp RELEASED!

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

A few years ago, I spent quite a bit of time browsing RPG Maker* forums, so I remember the earlier versions of Love and War. Back in those days, I played a modest number of freeware RM2K(3) games in between playing console games, but I don't recall if I ever played LAW. Maybe I need to give it a try now. (Over the last couple years, I've found it rather difficult to be optimistic about console games...) Regardless, thanks for the update.

Admiral Styles

#3 Post by Admiral Styles »

Ah, there definitely were some classics released in yesteryear! If you do give LAW a try Gekiganwing, I hope you enjoy. :)
-Benjamin Disraeli

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by 15385bic »

you guys should try this - when i played it the first time it was out it was hilarious in some parts - i love the dialogue

Can't say much right now but
i've hardly had time to play- although i started the LAW remake and just love the new art. noticed that there isnt as much dialogue as the first time play through (or am i imagining it?)

gotta say i've muted the voice acting >_>' cant say i like it at all ^^'
but the rest so far has been good.....sadly only up to the part where i have to deliver the package >3> - hopefully will have more time in 2 weeks or so~

the new CG's are gorgeous

they were drawn by reirei and colored by king-sama and if you havent heard of them....expect something like this
Image <-- this girl does the most awesome hair
and colouring like this
Image <--this guy does the pro level colouring O_O! I'm super jealous

its a shame that sometimes the size of the game decreases the quality of the art though >3>

Connie
Regular

#5 Post by Connie »

Looks good! I'll test it out!

EDIT:
I'm stuck on the snake boss! Can you please make a walk through?
I love food.

Admiral Styles

#6 Post by Admiral Styles »

Heyyy, Bic! Good to see you. :) (BTW: If anyone's interested in checking out a little minicomic Bic and I worked on, you can find it over here: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/images/sp/page-00.html )

Connie: Ah, there was a walkthru, but the page seems to have disappeared... :( Never fear, I'll do what I can to get you past this obstacle! For the Baron Prince battle, you should make sure you are generally at least Level 3 (it can be done earlier, but it's more difficult). Consider using the last save point and grinding a bit if you're too low. In the battle itself on turn one, make sure Ryan uses Rally, Henrik uses Vigor (or Lionheart if you've got it, which you should), and Armin can either try stealing (risky) or just attack. You may want to take out the cobras first before focusing on the main Prince. You can also try having Ryan use Deadeye on him if you're feeling lucky.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still stuck after that. :)
-Benjamin Disraeli

Connie
Regular

#7 Post by Connie »

Admiral Styles wrote:Heyyy, Bic! Good to see you. :) (BTW: If anyone's interested in checking out a little minicomic Bic and I worked on, you can find it over here: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/images/sp/page-00.html )

Connie: Ah, there was a walkthru, but the page seems to have disappeared... :( Never fear, I'll do what I can to get you past this obstacle! For the Baron Prince battle, you should make sure you are generally at least Level 3 (it can be done earlier, but it's more difficult). Consider using the last save point and grinding a bit if you're too low. In the battle itself on turn one, make sure Ryan uses Rally, Henrik uses Vigor (or Lionheart if you've got it, which you should), and Armin can either try stealing (risky) or just attack. You may want to take out the cobras first before focusing on the main Prince. You can also try having Ryan use Deadeye on him if you're feeling lucky.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still stuck after that. :)
Thank you! I finally got it! My 12th try! Your game is really good so far! I can't wait to play the rest!
I love food.

Admiral Styles

#8 Post by Admiral Styles »

Awesome! Perseverance pays off. :D Let me know if you get stuck anywhere else!
-Benjamin Disraeli

MiniNormal

#9 Post by MiniNormal »

font patch doesn't work

Admiral Styles

#10 Post by Admiral Styles »

MiniNormal wrote:font patch doesn't work
Ah, what exactly is giving you trouble? You can't download it, install it, or installing it doesn't fix the fonts used ingame?

BTW: Just thought I'd note to everyone that there's a little "contest" of sorts going on, called "Vote for your Favorite II"! As in the last one, all you have to do is vote for whichever character in Act I of Love and War was your favorite, and that character will be immortalized in a new piece of artwork (drawn by Shmeckie, who did the last pic: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/images ... ngsama.jpg). It can be any character, from the lowliest of NPCs to the most major of main characters, and you can vote either by posting right here, or on the Facebook page. :) The character who gets the most votes by the end of the month (October 31st, 2012) wins!

There's a bit of a twist as an experiment, however. If you just list the name of the character, you'll get a single vote. If you add in an explanation as to why you think this character should win however, your vote counts for double! (Please put in at least a little bit of thought into it; "just cuz" isn't going to cut it :P) Let's see if this ends up rocking the vote!
-Benjamin Disraeli

MiniNormal

#11 Post by MiniNormal »

when i try to download it, it says application not found. i don't know if it's a problem on my part or...
Edit:
Nevveerr mind lol i opened it with winrar and it worked :) cool game so far.. even though i played only 5 minutes of it XD

Admiral Styles

#12 Post by Admiral Styles »

That's great to hear. :D Hope you enjoy, please do share your thoughts, and if you have any more problems, don't hesitate to ask! :)
-Benjamin Disraeli

Connie
Regular

#13 Post by Connie »

Honestly, I love this game and I cannot wait for Act II, Act III, Act IV and all your future works!
Do you have other games yet? I would love to play them!
I love food.

Admiral Styles

#14 Post by Admiral Styles »

Aw, thanks Connie, it really warms my heart to hear that. :) I've made a few things here and there, but not much else has been released yet. Chiefly, if you haven't seen them yet, you can check out a couple LAW videos over yonder, with more of my experiments with voice acting! http://www.youtube.com/user/AdmiralStyles
-Benjamin Disraeli

Admiral Styles

#15 Post by Admiral Styles »

Hello everyone! Just thought I would make a quick update here: the complete version of Act I has finally been released, and can be snagged here: http://antioch.snow-fall.com/law/downloads/Law1.exe It now has all of the picture cutscenes completed, as well as a few minor bugs fixed and battles tweaked. It also has a brand new intro, featuring new artwork, and a trailer on YouTube as well! Check it out here, and I'd love to hear any feedback you might have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPwbaEVIkA

Hope you enjoy! :)
-Benjamin Disraeli