1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON STEAM

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheBlackChicken
Regular

1931 Scheherazade (Sim/Dating/Commercial) -RELEASED ON STEAM

#1 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Everyone;

We are delighted to announce that 1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum has been released!

Scheherazade is a PC adventurous romance sim/rpg visual novel set in 1930 New York City, and across the world. It's available via Impulse, GamersGate and Spoon, with Desura shortly to come.

Henry and Morgana Keating were archaeologists and adventurers who never came home. Now their daughter intends to follow in their footsteps...

It's 1930, and as the world slides ever deeper into the Great Depression, Scheherazade 'Sadie' Keating sets out on her first year of college - a year of travel, romance, danger and discovery. Together with friends and family, she'll chase her parents' last mystery across five continents, and choose a future for herself along the way.

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum is the latest story-driven RPG from Black Chicken Studios, Inc., spinning tales of pulp adventure, exotic locations, occult horror, and sweet romance that'll require well-honed skills and a whole lot of inspiration.

Game Features:
* Over 100 hours of gameplay, over 50 story arcs
* Seek friendship or romance with five mysterious and dangerous prospects (including a Mummy!)
* Adventure from the streets of Manhattan to the jungles of India
* Overcome obstacles to unlock 11 different endings
* Acquire dozens of skills
* Interact with a cast of hundreds and encounter skilled rivals

Get a Free Demo here:
http://www.scheherazadegame.com

Last edited by TheBlackChicken on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

AxemRed
Veteran

Re: Scheherazade has been released! (Sim, Romance, Commercia

#2 Post by AxemRed »

Is there a way to get the demo without being forced to install an entire software distribution platform?

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#3 Post by TheBlackChicken »

AxemRed;

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think so- there is always some portion of the platform Spoon requires, I believe.

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#4 Post by frederic09 »

i've tried the demo. I never saw a renpy game that laggy. It literally took me 10 minutes to be able to click the "start game" button and each click to see next lines was taking 5 minutes (well, i counted one time, it was 4 minutes 18 seconds, but well i still have to wait). The music stopped when i clicked, and restarted when the next line of dialogue appeared. But of course, if I clicked more than one time, i'll skip a part of the dialog.

So it's a no buy for me. Specially when it cost 25 € (~30 $).
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Cain0425 »

will there be a walkthrough for this game?

Linniar

#6 Post by Linniar »

frederic09 wrote:i've tried the demo. I never saw a renpy game that laggy. It literally took me 10 minutes to be able to click the "start game" button and each click to see next lines was taking 5 minutes (well, i counted one time, it was 4 minutes 18 seconds, but well i still have to wait). The music stopped when i clicked, and restarted when the next line of dialogue appeared. But of course, if I clicked more than one time, i'll skip a part of the dialog.

So it's a no buy for me. Specially when it cost 25 € (~30 $).
I think it's something wrong on your side. I'm running it right now, completely fine.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#7 Post by distorsion »

TAT *wants but does not have a PC*
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

#8 Post by Hiddlestoners »

Amg that was an amazing demo. /wants game
Sad times when I only have £2.19 left on my prepaid mastercard /must get another.
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

frederic09
Regular

#9 Post by frederic09 »

Linniar wrote:I think it's something wrong on your side. I'm running it right now, completely fine.
i'm sorry to sound harsh, but it's not because it works for you, that it's working for everyone.

Anyway, i've tried again, and... no change... excepted that the demo has expired now.

It took me ~20/25 minutes to get the dialogue with one of Sadie's friend (Anna?) on the phone.

It's the only game doing that kind of lag, so i don't really understand.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Hiddlestoners
Regular
Completed: Thinking Of You [KN]
Projects: PERPLEXITY [Mystery VN], simplicity [KN,Fluff,GxB,BxG]

#10 Post by Hiddlestoners »

frederic09 wrote:i'm sorry to sound harsh, but it's not because it works for you, that it's working for everyone.

Anyway, i've tried again, and... no change... excepted that the demo has expired now.

It took me ~20/25 minutes to get the dialogue with one of Sadie's friend (Anna?) on the phone.

It was fine when I played it. Js. Perhaps you lack space on your computer or you have too many other programs open at the same time as attempting to play the demo?
ENOSHIMA BOWL!

frederic09
Regular

#11 Post by frederic09 »

hmmmm. I have enough space (16 GB left), and all i had open is Firefox and Thunderbird.

I'm not someone keeping programs active if i don't use it.

It's a mystery, i don't know why the demo has this "delay" problem.

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#12 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Frederic;

We've had another report, similar to yours, overnight, and we've pinged Spoon about it. We don't see it ourselves, but then...that's usually how it goes. :)

Hopefully they'll have an idea of what's going wrong. In the mean time, we are strongly considering preparing a limited demo (perhaps up to Egypt?) as a result.

Edit:

Cain;

We missed your question- I imagine that there will be, yes. No date yet, though!

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#13 Post by ririruetoo »

Where can you download the demo?
ImageImageImage

TheBlackChicken
Regular

#14 Post by TheBlackChicken »

Riri;

You can try the demo on Spoon, at:

http://www.spoon.net/1931-scheherazade

We do not have a standalone demo, although due to the fact that some people are unable to run the game on Spoon, we're looking at making one.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#15 Post by papillon »

frederic09 wrote:
Linniar wrote:I think it's something wrong on your side. I'm running it right now, completely fine.
i'm sorry to sound harsh, but it's not because it works for you, that it's working for everyone.

From what I know about Spoon I would guess it to be likely that it's Spoon lagging rather than the game. We had issues with Spoon running our games in the past which is why I never went with them as a platform.

How things run on Spoon doesn't necessarily connect to how the real game runs - it not working on spoon doesn't mean it won't work for you, but conversely, it WORKING on spoon doesn't mean that it will work for you. If you're using demo as systems testing, it'll only tell you whether the Spoon version of the game will run. It's basically running a whole different system.