Line of Heroes [GxB][Arabian Night Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katty16
Regular

Re: Line of Heroes [GxB][Arabian Night Fantasy]

#31 Post by Katty16 »

When I saw this I was like YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY, shame on me who didn't see this sooner.
I got all the endings after playing it, and loved them all. I think my favorite was Shamir but my second was Melek. Couldn't believe how great the art was. But was a disappointed when I saw that it wasn't any CGs

But a really good game :)

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

#32 Post by buttdumpling »

going to download this, I love that everyone is so dark skinned! Lots of games based in Africa/Arabia make most (if not all) of their characters pale which puzzles me.
(ex: Arabians Lost and Let's Date - My Sweet Prince)

JunAir

#33 Post by JunAir »

hi ya there, newbie here. :D
thanks for modesty :wink: for this good VN, really.

but for review, maybe i can add some detail to it..
suprisingly i found someone already review it and quite similar to my own opinion..
(Not all :lol: and it was much more detail.
That mean your VN is quite good to have people critism for it. :) )
You can found it here <http://www.weeaboo.nl/2012/10/review-line-of-heroes/>.

If you think it as harsh, just leave it. xD
if you think it as good, learn from it. Thank you. :wink:

modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

#34 Post by modesty »

Much belated responses.

@Katty16: thanks for playing. Glad you liked it. Sorry I didn't add a gallery to view the CGs. This was a one person project and I'm still learning.

@buttdumpling: yeah not a lot a truly dark skinned characters in stories of this setting. I liked designing them.

@JunAir: Thanks for playing the game. I am surprised the game got reviewed! Can't say I particularly liked how they reviewed it, but I do acknowledge the story's weaknesses which stem from the games RPG origin and the visual flaws.

AstrellaLunari

#35 Post by AstrellaLunari »

What an amazing game.. o.o I am in awe! Yeah, I guess I usually enjoy a little more involvement, but the story was truly captivating. You only lost me when
we got to the winged character. I didn't really believe him... even for being a "fan," he was a little too convenient.
But really, this was awesome! I went for the dark elf. He had me from the beginning. <3

paronomasia

#36 Post by paronomasia »

Hello there, newbie to the site.

I would like to do a blind LP of your game so I was wondering if there is any way to make the game not take up the entire screen? I need to be able to switch between the game and my browser.

Thanks and I love the music and idea~

paronomasia

#37 Post by paronomasia »

Never mind, I just had to choose a different option in Display. Can you tell I'm new to this?

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#38 Post by Miss-Mae »

I can't wait to try this! It's so nice to see someone else who also draws in more than just anime style, since I eventually want to make a game in my non-anime style as well. Your artwork looks great. :D
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

Eulu

#39 Post by Eulu »

I'm about to download your vn, and before I play I just wanted to comment how cool it is to be playing a game with a heroine not only similar in appearance to me, but with the same name as my own as well. :)

Very neat, haha. The game looks beautiful, I'm sure I'll enjoy.

vividXP
Regular
Projects: "Almost There" (NanoReno '14)

#40 Post by vividXP »

Just finished playing. I really enjoyed this game. I got almost all the endings except
Melek
, but I'll probably go and fix that soon. I did go for Lucios first though. He is my favorite guy. On the non-romantic side, Rama was a hoot.

I'll second a couple of posters before me that I liked the character designs. Everyone was so unique and colorful, and yes I especially liked that quite a few of them were dark skinned. Also, I liked the girls all had different body types from super skinny to stocky. Mara is really pretty.
I felt very bad for Opal. Although I guess I didn't really understand her motivation at the very end. Did she think that the Thief King would allow her to be free or something?

I also felt bad for Lady Miret. The whole part about how she couldn't be free unless she did everything that was expected of her really struck a chord. I hope she had found someone nice at the party.

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

#41 Post by buttdumpling »

OMG I just finished it! I suggested it to my friend, she's super excited about it :3
Also how bad is it that Rama is my favourite character? Because he definitely is.

The fact that it's a story about people of color, and also queer women is AWESOME.

I only have a slight complaint:
I wish I had been able to flirt with Shamir...He was awesome but felt like a weird default. Also, how on earth was he spared?Also, I would have liked more options, but that's not really a big deal.
Romancing Daire or Rosalia would have been cool too <3
The complaint is really nothing compared to how much I loved this game though!!! Seriously, I can't get over your character designs & their personalities, I love everyone!!

kandymiki

#42 Post by kandymiki »

Harumi Fujyoshi wrote:Wow, this game was so original. It would do well as a roleplaying game I think, or something Zelda-esque. I thought your art style was unique and cute and I liked that there were many characters. I guess my favorites were Rama and Shamir. I felt bad for Shamir when Mara was mean to him, he didn't even do anything wrong half the time xD But yeah, awesome game, keep
hmm...this is a very much nice info dude keep share this around the web dude.. 8)