Line of Heroes [GxB][Arabian Night Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

Re: Line of Heroes [GxB][Arabian Night Fantasy]

#16 Post by modesty »

Reuploaded with some text edits.

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#17 Post by fioricca »

Cleared the game and got the sisters ending first! It was a bit of a surprise; I guess that was the neutral ending, but to be honest I kept denying the advances of the other male characters as I was too caught up in the SAVING THE WORLD plot and didn't want out-of-place romance to get in the way. XD; I went back and loaded from the last choice point and got the Shamir ending later, though.

This was a really amazing game! I did think that the story felt rushed towards the end, and some of the romance options were a little out of place. But I did enjoy the game overall; the story was engaging and the characters really grow into you, especially Shamir. Of course, that's because you had to spend a lot of time with him, and because he had the most depth, I guess. Watching him get angry and do his best to help Mara really did it for me ;3; My only complaint with him is that I still don't know why he did what he did -- choosing to travel with Mara, helping her gather the seals, and what his uh 'secret oath' is. Until the very end, it seemed like he had his own plans but I never discovered what is was. But that's probably because I just got the easy endings, I must have missed a lot of key scenes. /terrible gamer

Great job again and thank you for making this game *q* I hope that you'll continue to make more games in the future!

LadyAvori
Regular

#18 Post by LadyAvori »

Woot! I'm excited about this one. My sister was just saying she needed a new VN to play also. I'll send her your way.

modesty
Regular

#19 Post by modesty »

Thanks so much for the feedback and playing. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
fioricca wrote:My only complaint with him is that I still don't know why he did what he did -- choosing to travel with Mara, helping her gather the seals, and what his uh 'secret oath' is. Until the very end, it seemed like he had his own plans but I never discovered what is was. But that's probably because I just got the easy endings, I must have missed a lot of key scenes. /terrible gamer
The short version...Shamir's true lineage is a problem for him. ;)
Spoiler version:
Shamir's biological father is the Thief King. As such, there was always a chance that the Thief King could return through Shamir despite the seals. This is his curse. There are times when the Thief King subtly influences Shamir, thus all the banishment. The only people who know about Shamir's father is the Queen, Lord Tianal, and Malaika...and Shamir himself of course. Hints were speckled throughout the story but most obviously when meeting Shamir's mother.

@LadyAvori: Awesome. Thanks for spreading the word. ;)

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#20 Post by WickedRaccoon »

oh my gosh,just played the game,and it's amazing!finished the routes of shamir,melek and lucios (
i sooooo loved lucios,especially the "price" mara payed him on choise #2,when pursuing his path

in overall,it's great from all sides!!!!

veela

#21 Post by veela »

Finished Lucios, Shamir, and Melek~ (and got the girl power ending!) Just wanted to say I loved your character designs, the lovely music, and the awesome story... : ) I adored Lucios the most~ (his smile is too adorable!) ... but Rama is a close second!!!
Thank you for such a creative game! ^^

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#22 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

OMG. :shock: This can't be your first visual novel. It's way too good to be your first game. *looks at you in awe* You.Are.Awesome.
I'm gonna go all fangirl now: Kyaa! *more squeals* I got all the endings, but my favorites were Shamir's and Lucios'. Funny, Lucios keeps reminding me of Zevran from DAO (which only makes me love him more).
Thanks for such an awesome game! :D

modesty
Regular

#23 Post by modesty »

@veela: Thanks so much for playing. Lucios seems to be pretty popular with the ladies. :wink: And Rama is fun to write.

@GreyLadyHelenaR: D'aw thanks. Glad you enjoyed it so much. (Yes, it's my first game but I do a lot of visual storytelling.)
Lucios I think is a bit more...innocent than Zevran. ;) He's more like Varric...since he knows so many secrets. (And good humored to boot.) (I'm also very much a DragonAge Fangirl. I'm trying to learn the toolset to build my own mod. But it's tough. However, I DO love the dialogue tree editor in that.)

aya001
Regular

#24 Post by aya001 »

Downloading it. Really, really interesting I can't wait to play it!

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#25 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

modesty wrote:@GreyLadyHelenaR: D'aw thanks. Glad you enjoyed it so much. (Yes, it's my first game but I do a lot of visual storytelling.)
Lucios I think is a bit more...innocent than Zevran. ;) He's more like Varric...since he knows so many secrets. (And good humored to boot.) (I'm also very much a DragonAge Fangirl. I'm trying to learn the toolset to build my own mod. But it's tough. However, I DO love the dialogue tree editor in that.)
You're welcome! :D
Well, that's the sexiest mix of Zev and Varric I've ever seen. :P Yay, another DA fangirl! Do you have any idea how much I love you right now? (In a non-creepy way :P ) Sadly, I know nothing about mods; I just enjoy them. ^///^U

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#26 Post by ludeshka »

Played it! ^^

First of all, congratulations, this is an extremely pretty game. I really like the coloring, and the character designs.

I like fantasy, and I like rpgs, so this was a really enjoyable game for me.
I thought the dungeon mini game was very creatively done.
All the characters were really likable, even ones with little screentime (like Melek). By the way, darn, they were all gorgeous! (I really liked Melek's dad XDDDDD)

Reading you've actually planned for a full fledged rpg makes a lot of sense. I know I would have loved a chance to go adventuring with a party of Mara, Rosalia and the faun girl. (And Rama!)

I have one criticism, though, but please, believe me I'm not trying to be mean about it, it's just something that detracts a little from the "replay value"
The choices you make are more or less choices about
which guy you will romance (if any)
, but in truth, they don't change more than a couple of lines in the game, and then a couple of lines in the ending. There are no "Paths".
Maybe in a next game, use the visual novel structure a bit more, so we players feel we make a bigger difference.

Your art is great, and your story was very interesting. I look forward to your next game, whether it's a vn or a rpg. :)

fantasygeeki
Projects: Fatal Alignments
Organization: Simulated Being

#27 Post by fantasygeeki »

Loved the characters and loved the pacing! This was a good play.

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#28 Post by MiSi »

Played it yesterday and have to admit that I love the art style! It is a bit different from what you usually see in visual novels and thus something special. Also there are those many races (and no humans, thehee ;) ) - could've been my idea. :D
And then there were those temple-puzzles. They made the whole game a bit more interactive, but not too much. Just the right amount for my taste ;)
Keep up the good work!

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#29 Post by KissOfDeath »

10/21/12
Me @ 8:30pm: WHAT?!?! WHEN WAS THIS RELEASED ?!?!?! *downloads*

[13 hours later]
10/22/12
Me after all endings played through: ...Wow.

LOL, so overall I'm very pleased that you stuck with your VN, and I was not at all disappointed with the dialougue, artwork, or story at all! Truly excellent job! I usually go for the more tsundere-type characters first (in this case Shamir), but my favorite was by far Lucios~ he's a cutie ^.^ ! I think the only thing that could make the game better is a gallery, but then I thought 'That'd be kinda dumb though b/c there aren't that many CGs within the game...' lol so in summation, NICE WORK! I love VNs with distinctive art styles such as yours and Morishita-san's (http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=14175). If you have any manga out there on the 'net let me know, I'd like to read, but if not then I starting one for fun or something might be something to think about...food for thought...
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

modesty
Regular

#30 Post by modesty »

@ludeshka: Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm glad you liked it and yes, I can totally agree with your sentiments about player involvement. My current project does have more of a path like structure. (I've got my diagrams all set up.)

@fantasygeeki: Thank you for playing! :)

@MiSi: Thank you. My manga style art is pretty atrocious. And I'm glad the temple puzzles were at least somewhat enjoyable. ^^

@KissOfDeath: Augh, I do want to put in a gallery but other projects have consumed my time. I will get those in there because they were fun to make and I'm proud of them. ^^ Glad you enjoyed the game and my art.
>_> I do have some online webcomics. My most current one is called Seven Eldest: http://7eldest.comicdish.com/
My other comics are in the Links page on that website. ^^ Thanks for the interest.