Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aedin
Regular

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#16 Post by Aedin »

You did an amazing job with this. The backgrounds were unique, at least as far as I've seen, and I loved that way you tinted them and the effects. The story was really cute, and I enjoyed playing as the main character. Also, your hands look perfect. Every time a sprite came up, I found my eyes slowly drifting towards the hands.
Delvin is just perfection. I want him.
There were a few typos here and there.
Also, when you're at Seth's house and you decide to play cards, when he goes to wash up and the sprite fades away, the little blood spot just hovers there after he's gone for a second.
Overall, I thought you did a great job.
...CAAAAAAAAAAKE?
Last edited by Aedin on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s no shame in pleasure, Mr. Gray. You see, man just wants to be happy, but society wants him to be good. And when he’s good, man is rarely happy, and when he’s happy he is always good."

edeltine14

#17 Post by edeltine14 »

I'm gonna play this =333
currently downloading

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#18 Post by SilverxBlue »

Oh, wow! Congratulations on the release~! ^_^
Will download it now, will probably give full feed back once I've finished all routes.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#19 Post by GlassHeart »

@Aedin Thanks. I added the blood as a different image before I knew how to work the LiveComposits and then I forgot about it. Maybe I'll get off my butt and fix it if I gather more bugs for another version. Yes, I'm lazy. It did take me 18 months to make this game. :lol:

@DiamondRoseTears Can't wait for you report!

@edeltine14 Don't forget to tell me your impressions.

@SilverxBlue Thank you. Please do!

Here's something some of you might need, but do try on your own first. Your perseverance is rewarded, trust me. ^^
Best endings choice by choice guide (3, 6 and 10)
Image Image

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#20 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Got all the endings except 9 (I can't seem to be able to get it :( )

Devlin Devlin and again DEVLIN!! oh and not to forget... Devlin!!!

Well before that... The game is awesome!! It has awesome sprites and especially the backgrounds were very... I don't know how to say that, but they made me feel like I was there!! I really liked that... It made it more thrilling somehow...
And the way the script was!! Funny and serius and everything...
Well the Cg's were a little bit... different than usual (I mean they looked like a painting) But I liked that, it gave.. something cool and different!!

Wel back to the main subject...
Devlin, Devliiiiin DEVLIN.
Well he is mine, and nope you can't have him back!! I'm sorry but you'll miss a character!!
Devli-pooh <3
He was so looking tough but sweet and easy going!!
Oh if he had and a motorcycle I would have definitely fallen for him!! (Nor that I haven't already...)
Well Alden on the other hand
Was like a little angel, shy and cute!! I liked his cute side but sometimes he looked a bit silly!! But still I enjoyed playing his part!! He was the second I went for!!
I liked that he played the piano!!! Wanna see him playing 8)
And then there is the Geek-boy
I can't even remember his name :P what was it again?? Seth i think...
Well maybe because I playde the two other characters path first... I didn't liked him!! Actually I was really angry with him, especially after getting his bad end... he was so angry looking and always geeking and all... maybe he just isn't my type!! The only thing I liked about him was the anime, ah and not forget to mention that he likes writting, thats something I do to at times!! I love these so guess that was what bring us a little bit closer :P :P Still I don't like him that much, You can keep him :P
I think I gave you a big report!! I hope I haven't forgotten anything!! :P :P
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

AnRuixi

#21 Post by AnRuixi »

-Screeches-

This is perfect! I was *just* looking for something to play and after my daily lemmasoft forums check, I found this.

I'll put up what I think after I play.

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#22 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

Yay~ I was waiting for it.
It's one of the first game I played here.

I register today to report you some crashes that occurs in the game.
The first when you receive a message on your phone where someone ask you if you like mysteries when I say yes it didn't work anymore right after I come back in the bedroom.
The second is when I talk with Delvin about Alden and start to talk about his bruise, when the heroine talk about harassment.
The last I found is after I spent time with Seth and wondering who I really like, when I come to see green haired Alden at the park.
I hope that it will be useful.
Congratulations for your game =), you did a great job.

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#23 Post by GlassHeart »

@DiamondRoseTears Thank you! :D I will probably put up a walkthrough for ending 9 soon, since it is pretty difficult. Sorry Dev didn't have a motorcycle, but it would fit him, right? I was thinking so too. :lol:

@AnRuixi I love coming to lemma and finding a new game to play, too. Hope you enjoy it. ^^

@nipaa_kazuma thank you for letting me know, I'm really sorry that happened. :( I really don't know how... What operating system are you playing on? Could you give me any other details? If an error appeared what did it say?
For example there is literally no way to somehow jump to the green haired alden scene, since there is no label to jump you there. :(
The one with the message... I've played that scene many times and never experienced an error. I'm looking at the code but... I can't figure it out.
The one with the bruise is as it should be, I think? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, it is as it's intended. Maybe it's just my writing?

Sorry for the errors again. I hate it when that happens and I don't know what went wrong. OTL
If any one else gets them, please try to tell me what the errors say, or as many details as possible so I can fix it.
Image Image

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#24 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

I'm playing with windows 7.
The error is saying :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/day2.rpy", line 1268, in script
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 78: invalid continuation byte

Maybe something didn't work during the download because I got it two more times after the first post.
You understood what I was saying don't worry.
I tried to download the file again but it didn't work better.
I'm gonna try one more time to play after restarting the computer in a few hours.

It's possible that I'm the only one in the world who have that : I'm very lucky ^^
But even with that I really like playing it.

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#25 Post by aestate »

/delurks

Oh, this is fantastic! I remember playing the demo for this way back in March, so it's really great to see that you've released the final game!

Commentary:
  • The custom GUI! The textbox buttons (skip, save, etc.) were very neat and appealing; they weren't very in-your-face, which I very much liked. I was impressed by the fact that the drop-shadow of "Summer Found Me" moved from side-to-side in the sub-menu (HOW DID YOU DO THAT, YOU PROGRAMMING WIZARD). One minor thing that I personally found slightly jarring, though, was the contrast in certain name colours (e.g. Iris's INTENSE RED) against the general slate blue of the GUI. But I'm just nitpicking luls.
  • The writing (dialogue in particular)! I literally laughed out loud while reading the VN. I also liked how it wasn't just all dialogue; I had so much fun reading the IM conversations.
  • The characters! Each character has a defined, likeable voice and Iris isn't just a self-insert protagonist, which was great (although I was totally able to relate to her, as I am a bit of a creepy stalker as well, haha).
    I did kind of feel, at times, as if Alden were more like a plot device than an actual character, since his path was kind of in between Seth's slice-of-life "nice guy best friend" path and Devlin's plot-heavy "troubled soul from a broken home" path. For me, his character wasn't fun enough (like Seth's) or his story wasn't fleshed out enough (like Devlin's) to really "drive" his path.
    But, then again, it's very likely that it's just because Seth totally won me over with his whole adorable, geeky MEGANE thing. :'D
  • The art! It was very cute. That is all.
Thanks for all your hard work in making and sharing this fantastic game! <3 This was an extremely welcome and amusing distraction from writing university application essays lololol.

...I've played through the game several times, but I JUST CANNOT GET ENDING 9 AT ALL QQ.
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#26 Post by KittyKatStar »

Ending 9 is
where you get Seth to 13-15 points (Around there?) and you win the card game IIRC. ^^;
(It was the last ending for me to find as well. >.>b )

otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

#27 Post by otomegirl24 »

Wow, I've really enjoyed playing this game so far. I've only gotten about 5 endings, but I've gotta say I really enjoyed Devlin's route as well as Seth's route the most. I'd probably wind up going for Seth if it were real life. Oh yeah,
I also liked that little extra code 'boyz' you gave to help us out to play through the rest of the endings.
Thanks so much for taking the time to make this game! ^-^

nancie
Regular

#28 Post by nancie »

nipaa_kazuma wrote:I'm playing with windows 7.
The error is saying :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/day2.rpy", line 1268, in script
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 78: invalid continuation byte

Maybe something didn't work during the download because I got it two more times after the first post.
You understood what I was saying don't worry.
I tried to download the file again but it didn't work better.
I'm gonna try one more time to play after restarting the computer in a few hours.

It's possible that I'm the only one in the world who have that : I'm very lucky ^^
But even with that I really like playing it.
This is the same file path error I got during an extraction in winrar, I redownloaded and it fixed the error so it may just be a corrupted download.
The Unicode is something I've seen a lot with the newest version of ren'py, it means you have a foreign characters in the script code. (I think this happens when you are trying to hit shift to capitalize and hit ctrl by mistake) hope that helps.
Last edited by nancie on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edeltine14

#29 Post by edeltine14 »

I had a fun time playing this =D
The jokes and the character development = awesome~
I also like Iris since she isn't the 'woe is me' kind of character and has a backbone too :lol:
The chat thingy was hilarious. Seth's username was expected, being the otaku he is.
It's a great game you know? :)

aya001
Regular

#30 Post by aya001 »

Thanks for this game, it's been long (not much but it seems so) since I played a VN from Lemma. Lately I don't find anything that really... picks my attention. So thanks for it. I'm really into this game, still trying to find the endings I want... Let's see if I get them

Really thanks. I hope to see more games from you in the future ^_^