Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katty16
Regular

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#76 Post by Katty16 »

I finally got all the endings, and I have to say that it was a really good game
When I first started playing, I was surprised by how many choices and endings there were. The CGs was really cute and loved them all. I first went for Devlin, Alden and so Seth. My favorite was Seth, he was so cute and cool!!
I really enjoyed playing it, thank you so much for making this game!!!

Veniae
Veteran

#77 Post by Veniae »

Oh dear.

That's such an excellent game, I enjoyed every second of it! It's really sweet and funny and you're really good at writing dialogue - especially in the later scenes when the guys are starting to develop feelings for Iris. It's heart-warming without being overdone, and I love it.

One of the things I liked a lot is the way you played with character stereotypes - this game is one of the few where I really liked the "sweet, shy guy" archetype, you should feel proud. xP And I really, really loved Seth because of his deadpan manners and his smartass-ness. And Devlin... Can I just say I'd hug him to death if I saw him? He was the first I went for and, while I had some problems reaching his good ending, it was completely worth it. Getting under the skin of "tough guys" is always fun! *-*

Characters aside, the flow of the game was good. At first I was surprised it was only 7 days long, but then again, it didn't feel rushed, so that was fine. There were enough things happening and choices to keep it entertaining, plus the choices themselves were meaningful and advanced the game, which was also great. (As an aside, the "Do something incredibly stupid." choice name was the best ever. :D)

I also loved the humour!
(that part when the trio talked about the fourth wall was particularly amusing) On that note, though, Cherri getting a boyfriend was a bit out of the blue. Given that she's really close to Iris and Seth, wouldn't they know something about him? Just wondering.
Not much to say about the GUI - it was nice, not distracting and it suited the game; the music was also cool. The art was good overall. The sprites were very expressive, which is the most important thing, and they're pleasing to the eye. I really appreciated the different clothes (and the bruises and all), it shows that you've put effort in it. As a small note, Devlin's jacket irked me a bit, as it gave the impression of his whole body being bent in a painful way. I didn't mind the different styles of the CGs - it was refreshing to see a more painterly approach to them.

I think that's pretty much everything I wanted to say. Naturally, it came out longer than I'd intended. tl;dr: Thank you for creating such a great game, I loved it. Keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to your next project!

MJDAlleria
Regular

Re: Summer Found Me [GOhxB][Slice of life]

#78 Post by MJDAlleria »

GlassHeart wrote:@ MJDAlleria Oh I see. It actually does go all the way to 17, you just have to know how. If you follow the walkthrough on my blog it should give you 17 points. ^^ Either 16 or 17 gets you a best ending so it doesn't really matter anyway.
@michi18: I don't think it's the "boyz" code though.
mm... what could I have possibly missed with him.
Ack! Alden why you be so difficult! (stares at Alden)

Also looking through your blog somehow makes me feel
ashamed of myself. You do so much more effort than I'll ever
think of possibly of doing. Especially with Background CGs.

May I ask; What 3D program did you use for creating them?
Last edited by MJDAlleria on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

okiness
Regular
Projects: Puella Nomen Invenio
Organization: ONP

#79 Post by okiness »

Just spent all night playing this and managed to get all the endings except 9! I don't even know what that one is, lol.

I really liked it. My favorite? Oof, that's tough...I really like Seth and Devlin. XD

a poetical friday

#80 Post by a poetical friday »

This is the first ever VN I have ever downloaded ('cause, you know, I'm scared of viruses causing a brownout in our house... but I'm actually serious, haha), and I LOVED it. Couldn't resist Devlin, and then I just had to play Seth's paths. Wasn't interested with Alden's story at all xD
Anyway, the reason I loved this so much (that I'm never going to erase it from my laptop) is that the story was very engaging, and the options actually LED to something different.
Well, I just wish to make a game as good as this someday xD
And, thanks for the fun time I had! (Well, it's 2 in the morning here, and I still want to play through Devlin's path... for the third time. Haha. I guess I'm obsessed, eh?)

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#81 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Started playing it... I love the heroine because she tries straying away from bad boys(though I love them x3).

Will report back after I've finished it(which might take long because I still have some stupid exams to study for Dx).
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#82 Post by michi 18 »

Love Devlin so much just wanna say that again and again! Hi, GlassHeart! Just stopping by .
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#83 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

I've only played through to a few endings so far, but I must say I love Seth, and Alden! I haven't played for Devlin yet, but Alden's sweet, and I was so happy to get Seth's best ending on my first try! I like his character a lot~
Iris was an interesting and engaging protagonist in my own opinion--but maybe that's because, in all honesty, she reacted to most things the way I tend to.... I guess that makes me annoying sometimes, heh, but it makes sense.

Overall, I really liked the stories I've played out in this, the writing kept me interested throughout.
Even so, the CGs were not my favorite. I give the artist credit for spending the time on them, I just feel somewhat as if the style clashes with that of the game is all.... But then again I may be somewhat nit-picky in that belief. I tend to be rather picky about the VNs I play, especially artwise... ^^;;;

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#84 Post by GlassHeart »

Welcome to the Devlin fan club michi, a poetical friday, okiness. We can call ourselves the jerk whisperers.

9-of-hearts, don't play Devlin! For some reason everyone likes him best, so you mustn't be lured by his bad boy charm. ^^ just kidding.
I'm happy you liked the game so far. Next time I'll try to do the CGs myself and hopefully they won't be horrible.

Thank you everyone who's played the game and posted their opinion. I really love reading your replies and I feel bad not responding to each one, but I don't want this thread to become too long and be closed down or something. >.>

So far there have been over 3000 downloads of the game. This might not be much for others, but to me it's HUGE! Thank you~!!
Image Image

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#85 Post by KittyKatStar »

3000, congrats! ^^ Really glad you released the game, and I had a lot of fun betaing it.

I look forward to CryptoHaven. =D

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#86 Post by michi 18 »

so glad to be part of that club ! gyaa!!!!
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#87 Post by MioSegami »

I LOVE SETH!!! IT WAS AMAZING! AND FUN TO PLAY! I hope you make more! AND PLUS!! GREAT PLOT ;)!

fathskie
Regular

#88 Post by fathskie »

I've been a fan of SakeVisual since I tried Re:Allistair++
Even more than that, ini this case,,
You made everything yourself!!! I'm your new fan!!! ^o^

The script is witty, down to earth, so natural I can relate to all of them, really. I got Seth, of course, because he's just like me (who doesn't like a geeky, cool, smart otaku??) Alden is hard >.< I'm having problem getting him. I haven't tried Devlin though because IRL I don't like smokers (really, I don't like them) so it's hard to go after someone whose habit I despise... But worry not! I'll still gonna get him!!

The Graphics are very nice!! The CG's very sweet!! (the difference in drawing style is obvious, so it adds new 'color' to the game).

The coding's cool - I can say that because the route is not standard... #NeedKatsuragiKeimaHere With 10 endings?? really?? That's many!

Ummm so far I got ending courage, next please, cake, new friend, & walking away. Oh and I really want to conquer Alden >.< if I'm stuck (friendzoned again in the end) can I PM you for a hint then??

*)EDIT: I'm on day (2) on Devlin's path. He's a TOTAL JERK idk how you managed to make a character as sweet as Alden and a character as big of a jerk as Devlin. SIGH it will be harder than I thought to conquer Devlin...

*)EDIT 2: Wow Devlin's hard... I thought I answered the right things but I still got the "Next Please" ending :(

*)EDIT 3: Tried a different route with Devlin. Oh awesome,, I'm a jerk-whisperer!

*)EDIT 4: Ahh... you had me there :( I thought I'm getting a new ending but it's ending 5 all over again... oh wow this game is hard...

*)FINAL edit I promise: I just saw the little notification there at the left top corner on my lemmasoft forum!! Silly me I should've read your PM sooner hahahahh... thank you, you rock!!

Reyire
Regular
Completed: Seraph & Hellion
Projects: Kimeru: to decide
Organization: Kira Kira Candy

#89 Post by Reyire »

Okay, I just first off want to say, thank you for making this game! Despite what some people think, the world can never have enough otome games, especially in English.

I spent a good time playing through, and enjoyed getting all the different endings. Your GUI was lovely. Pretty, easy to read and not in the way at all. The flow of the game was very natural and you write well. The humor in it was great and had me smiling even through my repeat playthroughs.

I did Alden's path first, then Seth, then Devlin. Alden was cute and I liked him, good boy-types can tend to be boring but he didn't feel flat. Seth was interesting, I love that he writes fanfiction, lol. Devlin was, of course, my favorite. I don't actually particularly like the bad-boy type; moreso I go after characters that are stand-offish but mostly aloof and cold, seeming uncaring. He fit the bill. C8 I was kind of sad I only got to see his sarcastic grin most of the game though. My heart unexpectely skipped a beat when he laughed the one time. He was very pretty with a gentle look on his face, though I suppose it doesn't suit him. XD

I loved the art, though the clashing CGs did bother me. You could try to do your own next time, I bet they'd be great. The expressions were wonderful and it was obvious you put a lot of time into the game.

More in depth though:
I thought the bad endings were good (lol); they felt real and sad and they made sense. Seth's especially made me cringe because I felt bad for the MC. (despite my inner belief Seth's accusations were spot on.) I felt similar about the friend endings, although the Alden one I couldn't quite personally understand. I don't think I could just go back in the club and have a drink with him. XD maybe that means the MC is stronger than me, lol.

As for the best endings, I have to admit, they all seemed kind of awkward to me. It was kind of like touching for a short moment and then, suddenly humor out of nowhere! It felt a little forced to me. It was nice that it wasn't cliche and I was amused by the humor (especially caaaake! Lol) but it made the scene seem unfinished and strange. I don't object to the humor but maybe the touching part could have been slightly longer? This is just my opinion, feel free to cheerfully ignore it, lol.
But overall, I truthfully loved it and I'm really really looking forward to seeing more from you!
- I play any type of romance VN: BxG, GxB, GxG, BxB. Love is love. -

PrettieAngel
Regular
Projects: Aurora Spirit

#90 Post by PrettieAngel »

Slice of life isn't really my thing but considering how free GxBs are rarely released, I thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised and actually quite enjoyed it, although maybe that's because I went along Devlin's path first. The other characters don't really seem as exciting. :lol:
I got ending 4 first and don't really know what I did wrong. Maybe it was something in the beginning? I feel like I want to try to figure it out myself without looking at a walk through, which is somewhat unusual for me.

At first I thought there wasn't a CG gallery and felt a bit cheated, considering how beautiful they were, but then I read here and realised I was just being a bit stupid and didn't find it. Now the completionist in me wants to go and unlock everything.

I guess my main complaint would be that at times, I felt the game pushed me towards Alden a bit more than I would have liked, and the MC gave off a bit of an (perhaps intentional?) annoying 'fangirling' vibe. Maybe that's just me, since I like being given quite a lot of control when it comes to those sorts of things, and maybe I'd change my mind if I played through more of the endings.

Over all, I thought it was well done and enjoyable!