Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
9-of-Hearts
Regular

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#106 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

@Glassheart: Maybe try promoting it on tumblr if you want to spread the knowledge about it? There's a decently sizable otome following that I've seen, and everyone likes free games... Maybe you could give it a shot.
EDIT: By the way, I never asked....but even though I commented about my playthroughs....will Seth pleeeeeeze come and read me dirty fanfiction?//shot

TheOneTwo
Regular

#107 Post by TheOneTwo »

Yeeah. XD
I played this game before, already. But, sorry I wasn't able to.. y'know, post a review. :oops: Sorry. :D

Well, anyways.. What can I say..
As much as I could remember.. I'm really in love with Devlin. XD
I mean, he's a.. hot guy. He's also a bit nice. And I like how he and the main chara always fights.. Just like, cats and dogs. :lol: Especially that scene where I was about to throw water at him. THAT. IS. REALLY. EPIC. :wink:

About Alden.. Well, I love that ending where we ended up together.. That path where he asked me about.. what I think of long distance relationships.
I mean.. Seriously, I couldn't agree with that! ROFL
But yeah.. It's a nice thing that he had the nerve to ask. :lol:

Seth is.. I'm really not that interested in him. I-don't-like-nerds. :mrgreen:

And.. About the whole game, seriously, it is magnificent. It's also goddamn romantic. The art, everything.. is just.. incredible. 100/100! :D
Bish please, I'm fab.

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#108 Post by GlassHeart »

@Aseret

Thanks for playing. I'm happy to hear you liked it.
Of course it's not a random person who steals her phone and gives it back. If you get your phone stolen, then unlock ending 8 you'll know who it was and why. ^^
Image Image

Aseret
Regular

#109 Post by Aseret »

@GlassHeart

YAY finally got it, its not some random person after all ;)
Thanks again for such a great game!

spooky

#110 Post by spooky »

Downloading this now ^_^ Will comment when I've obtained an ending or two~

Celianna
Veteran

#111 Post by Celianna »

I downloaded it and tried it out, I didn't expect it to be very good, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was really cute.

There were some things that bothered me, such as starting out the story with a crush formed already, the jarring CGs that were done in a completely different art style, and the inconsistencies in spelling when it came to the chatting scenes - but all in all, it was fun to play.

The dialogue was funny at times, witty at others, and a few select times, it was annoying. I didn't like the breaking of the fourth wall part - there's a time and place for everything, but it wasn't then nor there. The spelling habits of the characters while they were chatting also grated on my nerves. I don't mean because they were typing 'u' instead of 'you', but because they were so inconsistent. First Iris would type without any apostrophes, then she'd include them, then she would not capitalize I, but then she would etc. etc. Same goes for the other characters. When people type in chatspeak, they are consistent in this (if that means being consistently bad, then so be it).

The CGs were ... I'd prefer if they weren't there at all. When I saw the first CG flash upon my screen, I was wondering why I was suddenly playing another game, and couldn't even recognize said character in the CG. It's one thing to get another artist who does all the CGs for you ... it's another to have two completely different art styles going on in the game.

It's like seeing this:

I'd rather there be a consistent art style and not have CGs at all, than what you have right now. Next time, try to find someone who does at least a similar kind of style.

Anyways, aside from that, I enjoyed playing the game and scoring a few endings. The banter between Iris and Devlin was cute, Seth was a smart-ass, and Alden seemed a bit underdeveloped, but I guess this ties in nicely because Iris did idolize a guy she knew next to nothing about. I also really liked the backgrounds, and I'm glad you were able to make so many yourself. It was a cute game, and I enjoyed playing through it :)
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

blahblah0625
Regular

#112 Post by blahblah0625 »

played this and loved it :)
Screams and yells for bishies

TAH
Projects: The Hellish Senses

#113 Post by TAH »

Just played~
I just finished my first pathway and won over Seth. I loved his character! *^w^* Usually I hate the serious, grumpy and sarcastic characters but I found Seth's sarcasm to be quite humorous.
So far I simply loved this game and look forward to unlocking all of the other endings.

spooky

#114 Post by spooky »

So I was going to complete a few endings and then comment, but then I found myself completing all 10 at 3am... The 'boyz' code was really helpful (as was your walkthrough!) so thank you for that.
I pretty much liked all the characters and none of them really irritated me. I think Devlin was probably my favourite, being the typical ~bad~ boy and all, and his route was the most interesting, in my opinion.
I especially like it when you have to hide in his room heheh.
Buuuuut then again Alden was super cute and I just wanted to hug him the whole time :3 Especially in his best ending when
he takes the list out of his pocket and it has her name on it. Also his regret of not meeting her two years earlier make me squeal a bit... :3 I liked that they stayed friends in the good ending, too. It was realistic, and he was really nice about it. Although I don't think I'd be able to go back inside and drink with him after... Maybe I'm just weak!
Yeaaaaaaah, actually I'm not sure who my favourite was... I really wish there was an ending where Devlin and Alden became friends again! That would of been heart warming~
I wasn't TOO fussed about Seth, but he was actually really~ cute sometimes and I felt bad for him whenever Iris spoke to him about Alden. :c
Also I kind of had a hunch about him being the mystery man, because the text was in green... is that weird?
I liked the art, though I agree with everyone who's said the CG's were a bit off putting because they clashed so much. They weren't bad at all though, it just makes more sense when the style is the same or similar I suppose.
It's also rare to find a visual novel that makes you laugh, which I did. A lot. I liked the chat conversations too!
All in all it was a very enjoyable experience, and I hope you make many more visual novels!
Oh, and congratulations on all the downloads, Fluff. ^_^
CAAAAAAAKE!

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#115 Post by GlassHeart »

After so many months I still get comments on this thread ^^ It warms my heart.

@Celianna
Thanks for the honest feedback. I need to hear some criticism once in a while so all the praise doesn't go to my head.

About the chat part, I tried to make each character speak in a particular way (like Seth was supposed to write the proper way, while Cherri was the complete opposite). I may have gotten confused as I switched from one person to another and since I don't really have much experience with chatspeak in English I probably messed things up at times. Sorry 'bout that... >_>

@ spooky

I really wanted a scene where Alden and Devlin reconnect, but I couldn't find a way to fit it in. :( Maybe if I ever make an epilogue to the game I can add it, since I would really like to write about these characters again.

Just remembering the cake scene makes me laugh. It was so silly I almost didn't add it, but then again that goes for half of my silly jokes. ^^
Image Image

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#116 Post by Ran08 »

GlassHeart wrote:After so many months I still get comments on this thread ^^ It warms my heart.
That's no wonder since this is such an awesome game. :") I totally loved it. It was a bit too short for me (ha!) but nevertheless I enjoyed it very much. Although I did write down some likes and dislikes too. Teehee. Still, thank you so much again for making this VN! :) It's an inspiration. Hahaha.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#117 Post by Akitsuki »

I've tried this! And got three endings so far; two lonely endings and one Seth's (ending 9). At first I was trying to get Devlin's, but somehow I didn't manage to. Then I moved to Alden but I still didn't get him. So I tried Seth's path since I think it's easier (you get a lot of choices about him, so why not?).

I don't have much things to say except about the differences between the sprites and the CG style, but someone already mentioned about it so I don't think I should say about it too. Overall, I really like it! The conversations feel natural, and funny too. Anyway, off to get Devlin's route!

kariwashere

#118 Post by kariwashere »

I got Seth's bad ending when I first played... and then I looked up the walkthrough xD I got Seth's good ending and Delvin's good ending. Seth is my favorite. ^_^ <3

This game is amazing!!! Thank you for making this :D

GlassColoredRoses

#119 Post by GlassColoredRoses »

Promise me you will make more games like this XD. Seriously, this game was awesome. I played it several months ago and I still find myself drawn to it when I see the file on my computer. :)

rock_an9el
Regular
Completed: Midnight's Cafe, Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: Hush hush
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#120 Post by rock_an9el »

This was (and still is) one of my favorite otome games! I played it looong time before I joined the community, so i couldn't write a review... so I'll just do it now! It's been a while since I played it though... I'll have to do it again soon!
I liked Seth the best, well... because I like geeky guys... sooo much... ;)
Alden was sweet, but I don't know why, I didn't enjoy his route like Seth's or Devlin's. Maybe because he is popular. But he really was sweet, so he got points for that. :)
I loved Devlin! I laughed at the fights he and the heroine had. I couldn't resist!
Though, I always wondered who stole the phone because I got all of the endings except one... I guess it's ending 8. Oh no, now I remembered I forgot to finish one ending!!! *Smacks self* I have to go and to it now! :)
Image Image Image