Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
cookiestruck
Regular
Tumblr: cookiestruck
Deviantart: cookiestruck

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#121 Post by cookiestruck »

All I want to say is just....
DEVLIN, Y YOU SO ADORABLE? *u*

And... I kinda agree with Celianna. The CGs should be done in the same art style as the sprites and other things or better it's not there at all. I like the colouring of CGs tho. ^^

Oh yes... mind to put some walkthrough? :3 I just need to see the 2nd, 5th, 8th, 9th ending so bad. OMG. Q~Q

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#122 Post by GlassHeart »

@cookiestruck
There aleady is a walkthrough. Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?baqi7z19iy7xwvi :) enjoy!

@rock_an9el
Just use the walkthrough above for ending 8 ^^ It reveals everything.

@GlassColoredRoses
I'm not sure what "like this" means exactly, but I am making one right now. ^^ It's going to be shortish (for Nanoreno), but it's otome and comedy and I hope you'll like it ^^ It's called Signed X

@kariwashere
I saw that you only had one post. That makes me so happy that you used your one post to tell me you liked the game. Thank you so much. It means a lot. ^^

As usual, thanks for taking the time to write. If you have any questions that need a quick answer, PM me, since I don't like to post here a lot (spamming the forums is not nice)

Also, the English version now has 10021 downloads. I can safely say: IT'S OVER 9000!!!! :lol:
Image Image

snowp
Regular

#123 Post by snowp »

I started playing this game thinking I was just going to get some lighthearted fun and romance with the stereotypical but much-loved nice guy, nerd, and bad boy. I was right about the fun part, in fact, way more than I could have hoped for, but was I wrong about the rest! I don't tend to start with very high expectations for things that had not been recommended to me, which made this discovery all the more delightful =]

The writing was just fantastic. All the humor and sarcasm was hilariously entertaining. Every character was a smart conversationalist, and though the dialogue, they really felt alive. Never a dull moment reading it, that's for sure!

I was also really impressed by how masterfully the choices were planned out. It gave me the feeling that the world was in motion all around me - everyone is moving forward with their lives - and my choices decided what part of whose lives I would catch a glimpse of. The one that gave me a pleasant surprise was going to sleep early and waking up early leading to different events XD I know this is the case in many other games too, but the premise and choices here gave me a deeper sense of it rather than that everything revolved around the MC.

As for the characters, I eagerly went after all three of them! Not my typical routine for otome games - oftentimes, there is at least one character that I have no interest in and it takes some time before I warm up to them, if at all. As I have already mentioned, I loved reading their lines, and if not what the guys had to say, I definitely couldn't miss what Iris had to say! The events themselves weren't special per se, but the characters reactions made them so.

In order, my favorite character would be Devlin, Seth, then Alden.
The nickname and fashion advice, I found quite charming >_< and hiding in his room kind of sealed the deal.
Iris, of course, was also extremely likeable =]

I really liked the neat and simple art style. Some of the sprite poses looked a little stiff, but the facial expressions were lively nonetheless. The cgs caught me a bit off guard the first time just because they were of a quite different style, but I personally really liked that style too. The discrepancy felt very fitting for the idea of making memories before a big transition in life. The style of the cgs made them feel like snapshots that stood out and didn't blend in with the rest.

This game had definitely made it onto my list of favorite indie VN games (though I haven't exactly played many commercial VNs so I guess it's on my list overall XD). While the premise of the story does not really stand out above the crowd, it was incredibly well executed and made for a wonderfully refreshing experience =] Thank you for making Summer Found Me!!

Very much looking forward to Signed X!

yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

#124 Post by yundun63 »

I love this. So, so, so much. omg.

Chibichann
Regular

#125 Post by Chibichann »

Had played it a year ago was super cute total-tally otemeish

deviltales
Regular

#126 Post by deviltales »

really nice. Big ups for this :D !
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

facades
Regular

#127 Post by facades »

I've only played Seth's route so far, but
I'm a total fan of childhood friend or bestfriend turned boyfriend type of stories, ( Maybe cos I hope it would happen to me :P ) so I was immediately captivated by Seth's story. I liked how he tried to suppress his own feelings while trying to support his best friend. Particularly liked the scene where he carried Iris and she was feeding him popcorn.The only part that was a slight turn off was when he seemed quite sulky at the end of the game, while confessing his feelings to her. She had to probe him so many times. But well, guess when you're so familiar with each other anything goes and you learn to appreciate each other's flaws.
I haven't played Devlin or Alden's path because I'm slightly prejudiced against bad guys and pretty out-of-my-league guys.
(In games, not in real life :P ) But I'll get around to it soon. :)

Heavenbornvip
Regular

#128 Post by Heavenbornvip »

Thank you so much for such an amazing game.I fell in love with Devlin <3
Too bad,I ended up alone at the end. I felt the pain you put in Devlin, and I think you've got yourself a Fan. Looking forward to more of your work.

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#129 Post by GlassHeart »

@snowp
It's kind of unreal how all my characters always have a comeback ready, but hopefully no one notices how unrealistic it is. :))
I tried to make the characters diverse so there was something for everyone, but hearing that you liked all of them makes me happy.
I'm glad I made your favorites list (I'll forget the part where it's a short list lol). And while my first game was kind of average in story (I honestly don't remember how it became this, I started with a fantasy setting in mind), I plan to create more interesting premises for my games in the future. ^^

@yundun63
Thank you! It's good to hear someone use omg to describe their feelings toward my games. ^_^

@Chibichann
Otomeish! haha if I ever make a VN studio, that's what I'm naming it, exclamation mark included.

@deviltales
Thanks, fellow countryman... woman... yeah :)).

@facades
Seth is not used to being open about feelings, he can barely even say the word. lol If he was sulky in some parts, it was because he probably didn't even imagine a positive response from Iris. Maybe I'm making excuses for him(or me). >.>
Devlin is a crowd favorite, it seems, but I'm glad to see not everyone is into bad boys. The jerk deserve it lol

@Elsiversace
You know, the game has more happier endings and they're not really that hard to get. Don't settle for a bad ending!
Image Image

Parisa

#130 Post by Parisa »

I've played Devlin and Seth path. I usually like mean guys (in games and movies only!), but here I liked Seth the most. I'm not yet sure if I'll like Alden.
I should say this game was one of my favorites. I've also played your other game-Signed X. And wow, tonight I found out you have another game. I will definitely download it now!!!!

By the way, I registered just to comment on this post!!!! Of course not just this post... but... you know what I mean. I needed to thank you for this game.

LliiraAnna
Regular

#131 Post by LliiraAnna »

I was a bit reluctant to play it at first (I played too much Tokimeki lately and was getting tired from the highschoollove theme lol) but I didn't regret it. I liked the characters, the story, and the art was pretty good as well. There were many moments that made me laugh (in a good way), also, Devlin's and Seth's dialogues were just... awesome x) Thanks for making such an interesting game, I'll go check out «Signed X» now ))

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#132 Post by MioSegami »

Re-played this yesterday and OH! Seth's good ending still make my tummy churn hahaha! I liked Devlin's ending as well, it was sweet, but I'm fangirling over Sethy still tehehe. Still love this amazing well written game!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

Dawnfire
Regular

#133 Post by Dawnfire »

I really, really enjoyed this game. I've played it twice, both times a while ago, but I never posted. I think Devin and Alden had routes that were a little more interesting, including character development. But the writing and art were phenomenal for every character and the gameplay was long enough to be a lot of fun for hours. It's one of my favorite otome. :D
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Lunacore

#134 Post by Lunacore »

Ahw :3 that was one off my first VN'S ever and i loved it. ^-^
The sprite-art was good, i didn't liked the music that much but it was okay.
I loved Devlin <3 he was fun realy fun and kinda intresting. And Seth ahw <3.. I know its not fair but i hated Alden from the beginning xD!
The CG's weree simply amzaing and the writing just delicous like an piece of strawberrycake ♥

GlassHeart
Regular

#135 Post by GlassHeart »

@Parisa
Thank you for doing me such an honor of registering to post on this thread ^_^ Thanks for playing my other games too.

@LliiraAnna
Tokimeki and other stat raisers are so haaard. With VNs you can just click and read, without remembering who likes what stats or clothes (I'm not gonna wear what YOU like, I wear what I like :P) You're very welcome and I hope you like Signed X!

@MioSegami
I'm glad SFM can withstand the test of time (ok, so we can't tell that just yet, but still...). At least for me, I know I really liked a game when after a few months or even years, I want to play it again, even knowing how it will turn out.

@Dawnfire
Thank you!!! Some love for Alden, yay! *pats his head* See, Alden, not all people hate you. Take that Seth. You have no character development, you pervy ff writer. >.> Um.. am I talking smack about my own character?
Favorite is such a beautiful word! <3

@Lunacore
I remember my first VNs better than more recent ones, so woot for me! :lol:
It's hard to find music for free projects that hasn't been used a bunch of times already. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Challenge accepted!
*Alden runs out of the room crying* Well... I said not EVERYBODY hates you, but some people do.
(In my mind Alden is a sensitive blob of cuteness so don't hate on him or he will cry! :lol: )
Yay, someone likes the CGs! Happy dance!
Image Image