The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ruruka-chan
Regular

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#76 Post by Ruruka-chan »

Can I also the redhead guy dating. If so, how ???

Heavenbornvip
Regular

#77 Post by Heavenbornvip »

I tried to get the game from the website, and used TrialPay.. Even after completing the offer, which i paid for... It didnt give me access :(

redpandastudio
Regular
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com

#78 Post by redpandastudio »

majinsteph wrote:
redpandastudio wrote:
majinsteph wrote:So I just finished a playthrough of this game with Rui, and it was a nice game, but I was wondering if there was some way you could unlock a the full dress-up game, with all the items, cause I don't think it's possible to get nearly all the items in one playthrough. I would be really interested in a way to unlock that.

Also, since you were asking for feedback on what the players wanted...I really have to interest in the shota option, but it wouldn't prevent me from playing the game. I am very interested in the BL edition, though!
There isn't a way to get all of the dress up items in one playthrough, but you can get most of them if you don't pay the money to test the school grounds for chemicals and avoid going to the host club. I'll try to come up with a cheat or something in the upgrade so people can get all of them.

Thanks for your shota and BL feedback!
Thanks, I really hope you are able to include something like that in the upgrade. Will we be able to get the upgrades if we bought the game from mangagamer?

Also, another thing I thought of...do the stats like Intelligence, Teaching, Japanese, etc, have any effect on the game, or are they just for fun?
The stats don't really impact the endings directly, but they will impact the random events in the game. Some random events will help you to get more hearts with your host. The stats also let you know how well you're doing overall in the game and whether or not you did everything or tried everything.

If you bought the game through mangagamer, you can still get the upgrade. If they don't want to distribute upgrades for whatever reason, I can forward one to you directly when they come in. You should sign up for our mailing list for updates.
Last edited by redpandastudio on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redpandastudio
Regular

#79 Post by redpandastudio »

Ruruka-chan wrote:Can I also the redhead guy dating. If so, how ???
You're really smart to pick up on Hidemi being dateable. Hidemi never actually made it into the game as a dateable character, but will likely be in the upgrade due to popular request. I had no idea how much people liked red heads!

redpandastudio
Regular

#80 Post by redpandastudio »

Elsiversace wrote:I tried to get the game from the website, and used TrialPay.. Even after completing the offer, which i paid for... It didnt give me access :(
I got your PM and replied. When I get your e-mail, I'll get you up and running with copy! Something weird must have happened with the order. It probably just has to be verified or something.

~Lex

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#81 Post by Mimi_Melody »

redpandastudio wrote:
Ruruka-chan wrote:Can I also the redhead guy dating. If so, how ???
You're really smart to pick up on Hidemi being dateable. Hidemi never actually made it into the game as a dateable character, but will likely be in the upgrade due to popular request. I had no idea how much people liked red heads!
LOL, so his name is Hidemi? I didn't know... (Ah it'll be great if you put him in the upgrade :3) Can I ask you what will you put in the upgrade? (music, conversations, events, guys, stats...?) Oh and if I raised the stats, will there be any special events happen with the guys? Because...I think the conversation and event parts for the guys is lacking... I want to talk to them more and get to know better about their personality. (Can you think about it in the upgrade?) :|
P/s: Sorry if I'm annoying you, I feel like I'm stalking you (I mean your game) 'cause I visit this topic almost everyday :oops:

redpandastudio
Regular

#82 Post by redpandastudio »

No problem. I'm thrilled that people are this interested in what we are doing!

We probably won't put in additional music because the game is already pretty big and has a few dozen tracks.

A lot of people wanted more interaction with the guys, so we'll definitely be adding that as well as some special events. There aren't any special events associated with the stats that I can think of. They just change the dialog slightly.

Heavenbornvip
Regular

#83 Post by Heavenbornvip »

Great customer service! Wouldn't ever hesitate to buy from you..
So excited to play the game :D

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#84 Post by KashyaCharsi »

Can I somehow discover what Maeko was getting at?

redpandastudio
Regular

#85 Post by redpandastudio »

KashyaCharsi wrote:Can I somehow discover what Maeko was getting at?
You can. You need to go to the library frequently after she talks to you during class and you can see her there.

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#86 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I tried, but I was only reading comics and class management.
Or is it just that book she was reading there?

redpandastudio
Regular

#87 Post by redpandastudio »

KashyaCharsi wrote:I tried, but I was only reading comics and class management.
Or is it just that book she was reading there?
Thanks for your question. Yes.
Now that I think about it, Maeko asking you questions was just supposed to be a random event. After you see her reading the book in the library, it's safe to assume that she was concerned about someone's alternative sexuality or her own and her asking about Lady Whatever was a means of testing the subject matter with you. It isn't pursued further because it isn't really appropriate to engage the students in that type of conversation. However, listening is of course okay, but I didn't think it would be appropriate for the teacher to probe her for more information. The whole idea is that this type of situation may come up when foreigners are teaching abroad and there isn't anything that you can do about it without losing your professionalism and overstepping, and therefore you will struggle with it and wish that there was something that you could do.

Now that you bring it up, I'm sure that other people wondered whether they needed to do something. Maybe I should provide more resolution in the next version. I actually went back and read what I wrote because I couldn't remember and the resolution was that you basically find out that there was something to what she was asking, but you don't even know who she was talking about, so you're not in a position to discuss the topic. Since she doesn't follow up with you, it gets written off to a child having a question because she is curious.

If you have a special request, I could try and elaborate for the upgrade.

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#88 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I think it would be good if she would turn to me about a problem concerning her.

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#89 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um, hey, it's been long and any news or updates? (You're working on the upgrade right?~) I'm just really excited to see what'll you put in it :)

redpandastudio
Regular

#90 Post by redpandastudio »

I've been working on the boys love version which involves swapping out the guys, star signs, and their conversations as well as the female perspective and replacing it with the man's. Please note that star signs are for my reference only and aren't actually in the game.

For the original version, I have done some minor bug fixes, but I haven't finished the dialogue for the guys.

I'm still taking requests for any feature requests in the upgrade, so feel free to ask!

Thanks for following the topic.