The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Message
Author
User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#61 Post by redpandastudio » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 pm


Oh right!!!
Thank you for answering!!

It is a realy nice game, at least the demo!! The graphics and the art is awesome!! And like that mystery it has!!
I'll surely think about buying it when I have enough pocket money :P

Good job!!
Thanks so much for your feedback and your kind words! We are running a social media discount on our site, so you can get $6.00 off. The details are here: http://visualnovelgames.com/VN-Host-Holic.html
That should help to get the price down a little for you.

Thanks again for your support!

User avatar
Mimi_Melody
Veteran
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#62 Post by Mimi_Melody » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 am

FIRSTLY, I love the game, it's fun and the guys are really cute. The style and story is special and it gave me a fresh feeling when I played it (not just talk to guys, love stories...bla bla) I love the art, too. ♥
AND the Question: [SPOILER ALERT***]
Um, I'm going for Aki, and...our relationship was going well (full hearts) but then an event occurred and he said that the things he said were just for the job or sth, and after that, I went to host holic again...Aki told me he used to be...a girl and did a surgery but didn't have enough money (?!) Is that true? So...I'll be dating a girl now?(Our hearts went back to one and I had to start filling them again) I'm kinda very confused here so can you answer PLEASE? :(( (Well Aki's so cool, handsome and all...but..a girl? Hell No...) Image

majinsteph
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#63 Post by majinsteph » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:31 pm

So I just finished a playthrough of this game with Rui, and it was a nice game, but I was wondering if there was some way you could unlock a the full dress-up game, with all the items, cause I don't think it's possible to get nearly all the items in one playthrough. I would be really interested in a way to unlock that.

Also, since you were asking for feedback on what the players wanted...I really have to interest in the shota option, but it wouldn't prevent me from playing the game. I am very interested in the BL edition, though!

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#64 Post by redpandastudio » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm

majinsteph wrote:So I just finished a playthrough of this game with Rui, and it was a nice game, but I was wondering if there was some way you could unlock a the full dress-up game, with all the items, cause I don't think it's possible to get nearly all the items in one playthrough. I would be really interested in a way to unlock that.

Also, since you were asking for feedback on what the players wanted...I really have to interest in the shota option, but it wouldn't prevent me from playing the game. I am very interested in the BL edition, though!
There isn't a way to get all of the dress up items in one playthrough, but you can get most of them if you don't pay the money to test the school grounds for chemicals and avoid going to the host club. I'll try to come up with a cheat or something in the upgrade so people can get all of them.

Thanks for your shota and BL feedback!

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#65 Post by redpandastudio » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Mimi_Melody wrote: Um, I'm going for Aki, and...our relationship was going well (full hearts) but then an event occurred and he said that the things he said were just for the job
LOL! Thanks for your question.
Aki was a girl, but had a sex change to become a man. So, he his a man now, so you always were and always will be dating a man. He had the surgery before he came to the host club, but he didn't pay for all of it, and is trying to work off the debt by working at the host club.
I hope that helps to answer your questions!

Moon20
Regular
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:06 am
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#66 Post by Moon20 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 am

I tottaly loved this game very much, And im enjoying playing it very much, This game whas so awsome. From 1-10 i whould give it then for Qualty,bakground,characther. And i whonder om at you can make a Walktrough for this game?

User avatar
Mimi_Melody
Veteran
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#67 Post by Mimi_Melody » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 am

Ah, one more question, how many endings are there in total? Like 2 ends for each guy (one bad one good) or are there any more ends? Oh and about Aki, I don't know if this is a good end but it seems like he only needs my money (he did ask if I wanted to stay though)...And I didn't even get to choose to go or stay, it just happen like that and ends...?
Still, Love your games! :)

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#68 Post by redpandastudio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am

Moon20 wrote:I tottaly loved this game very much, And im enjoying playing it very much, This game whas so awsome. From 1-10 i whould give it then for Qualty,bakground,characther. And i whonder om at you can make a Walktrough for this game?
Thanks for your kind words. A few people have requested a walkthrough, but we don't really have time for it right now, however, if you have any specific questions, we can easily answer them.

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#69 Post by redpandastudio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 am

Mimi_Melody wrote:Ah, one more question, how many endings are there in total? Like 2 ends for each guy (one bad one good) or are there any more ends? Oh and about Aki, I don't know if this is a good end but it seems like he only needs my money (he did ask if I wanted to stay though)...And I didn't even get to choose to go or stay, it just happen like that and ends...?
Still, Love your games! :)
Each guy has a good and a bad ending. There are also two endings for visiting the school on the last day instead of the hosts. It just depends on whether you solve the mystery or not.

If Aki asks you to stay, that is his way of telling you that he likes you.

User avatar
Mimi_Melody
Veteran
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#70 Post by Mimi_Melody » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am

Thank you very much for your reply ^^ Are you planning on making anymore games like this? (I mean GxB or otome...) I really enjoy your games! Thanks for spending time reading and answering our questions ^^♥

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#71 Post by redpandastudio » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 am

Mimi_Melody wrote:Thank you very much for your reply ^^ Are you planning on making anymore games like this? (I mean GxB or otome...) I really enjoy your games! Thanks for spending time reading and answering our questions ^^♥
No problem.

I'm not sure if we'll do more strictly otome games. We plan on making BL and Yuri versions of Host Holic and maybe ports. Right now, we're working on a language free farming game where all pairings are available (bxb, gxb, etc.), so it will be a little different.

Moon20
Regular
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:06 am
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#72 Post by Moon20 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:17 am

When are you going to make BL and Yuri version of Host Holic?

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#73 Post by redpandastudio » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 am

Moon20 wrote:When are you going to make BL and Yuri version of Host Holic?
I already started writing the male perspective for the BL version. I have no idea when it will be finished because I'm not sure how much we will end up changing.

If you sign up for our mailing list, you will get updates about the game when it's ready.

majinsteph
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#74 Post by majinsteph » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

redpandastudio wrote:
majinsteph wrote:So I just finished a playthrough of this game with Rui, and it was a nice game, but I was wondering if there was some way you could unlock a the full dress-up game, with all the items, cause I don't think it's possible to get nearly all the items in one playthrough. I would be really interested in a way to unlock that.

Also, since you were asking for feedback on what the players wanted...I really have to interest in the shota option, but it wouldn't prevent me from playing the game. I am very interested in the BL edition, though!
There isn't a way to get all of the dress up items in one playthrough, but you can get most of them if you don't pay the money to test the school grounds for chemicals and avoid going to the host club. I'll try to come up with a cheat or something in the upgrade so people can get all of them.

Thanks for your shota and BL feedback!
Thanks, I really hope you are able to include something like that in the upgrade. Will we be able to get the upgrades if we bought the game from mangagamer?

Also, another thing I thought of...do the stats like Intelligence, Teaching, Japanese, etc, have any effect on the game, or are they just for fun?

Heavenbornvip
Regular
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 pm
Contact:

Re: The Host Holic [commercial] [slice of life] [sim] [otome

#75 Post by Heavenbornvip » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Wow. I like the graphics.. I will probably buy after playing the demo

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users