RIVER TRAP [released]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

RIVER TRAP [released]

#1 Post by mikey »

Let's make the summer a little interesting. Since our new game is basically finished (we are just waiting for the music), I might as well announce it.

As you might have guessed, it's called River Trap. It makes no real sense to tell you what it will be about, you will be able to find out yourself later. In short it is about the river, that flows through the city you live in. Why do you like to take walks near the river so much? Is it because you feel, that perhaps, it is going to change your life? Forever?

Back to reality: When the final game elements arrive, we will be on the final stretch with it. Editing, correcting and trying to find a way to reduce the size (who would like a 100 MB game, right? - I'm not joking). That might actually take a while, but it is really only a matter of time from there, not actual design and producing work, so we are pretty confident, that the release date "Summer 2004" will be viable.

Something about the game: It will be about twice as long as Black Pencil, and have 8 completely different endings. For more info, look at our web page:

http://www.manga.sk/atp/index.html

Alright, that's all for now, I'll keep you updated.
Last edited by mikey on Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

It sounds very interesting. I like how original and creative you are being. It sounds like it'll be an intriguing story just from the short prologue.
The architectural drawing of the bridges is impressive.
I wish you all the best with the rest of your project, have fun.

Trinity Riot
Regular
Location: Somewhere between New York City... and New York City.

#3 Post by Trinity Riot »

If you need any help with the hosting, I've got a 25 GB bandwidth limit with my host. I usually use about 300 MB a month :roll:

By the way, I love your layouts. ;)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#4 Post by Blue Lemma »

Sounds interesting! :D

He likes it! Mikey likes it!
(sorry, I just had to say that ^_^)

Grey
Veteran

#5 Post by Grey »

Indeed, it looks interesting. The art looks good as well, from the tiny screenshots and the bridge wallpaper. :)

Jerails
Veteran

#6 Post by Jerails »

Most certainly, once again Kathryn has once again caught my eye with fully detailed backgrounds! I'm seriously waiting on this game! A river that keeps drawing you to it? Perhaps because it likes you?! If this game is a mystery title, I'm all for it!

*Sits down and starts waiting*
It's been a while, folks!

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#7 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Reply already made in MT. Good luck.

(BTW, as I've heard from the producer once, the BGs are actually edited PHOTOGRAPHS...)
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

#8 Post by Guest »

Yang Sei Fu wrote:(BTW, as I've heard from the producer once, the BGs are actually edited PHOTOGRAPHS...)
Yang is right, and we had to make several "company trips" to get them, because not all photographs responded well to the procedure. I am actually surprised that we get that quite often, although I have to confess, it really doesn't seem like a photograph later on - when we made our final photo session after a while, I was just standing there and looking at the bridges, saying I feel like I am THERE, which made me realize the feel of the BGs is really very different (and that I spent TOO much time writing RT :D )

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by mikey »

That was me up there... :wink: Sometimes I just forget to log on...

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#10 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

The hard thing is to create a completely unworldly concept picture that involves the mixture of elements from MULTIPLE REAL spots...this technique would be rendered useless. For example, the prologue of the story I am using now is...

The interior of Unionville H.S. in Toronto, Ontario, but with the stairs replaced by an elevator, longer hallways, and a HELL LOT darker and hallways twistier... Then there is this sudden switch from there to another high school, and...vines.
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

Eiji
Regular

#11 Post by Eiji »

trying to find a way to reduce the size (who would like a 100 MB game, right? - I'm not joking).
hey now... anyone ever seen how much disk space EQ takes up?
with all the expansions its close to 3 or 4 GB.

I used to play Star Wars:Galaxies too.. that one took up about 1.05 gigs.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#12 Post by rioka »

Wow, you're in a role mikey! Your second game already. I can't wait to see what it's like. Though, hopefully this one will be a bit more cheerful - BlackPencil made me depressed - particularly when Yuki died several times before I got the good ending. T_T

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#13 Post by Blue Lemma »

Maybe if you RAR the game? That should get you some decent compression.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by mikey »

Well, we should have a beta version late this weekend, and RAR yes of course, we did some tests, particularly with the "solid" mode, and currently the whole game is we estimate at 35 MB, so hopefully it won't get any bigger :?

eclipse>> it's hard to describe it as cheerful or sad, really. I am working overtimes now just to bring it out asap so people can make their own picture of it. Kathryn delivered the last bitmap on Thursday, so basically we're all ready for the testing.

Herzeleid

#15 Post by Herzeleid »

Yay a new game from mikey :) And it's so close!.......I loved Black Pencil :D
Man..., Summer is looking good for Ren'ai :lol: