Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy] UPDATE

#31 Post by broken_angel »

Technicolour wrote:Thanks for posting this! Had a fun time playing it, and am even more excited for the remake now. :P
Yay, I'm glad you liked it! C:
michi 18 wrote:@broken_angel:Nice knowing that!
Gonna play it now alto ! Id tell you what I think about it later.
Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your review. :o

DiamondRoseTears
Regular

#32 Post by DiamondRoseTears »

Thanks for telling me the meaning of memoir!! That's what i thought but I wasn't sure!! really thank you!! :D
As for the game...

It was amazing!!! I really loved it!
Got almost all the endings!! But the one I can't have no matter what I do is Kirile secret ending!! :(

I loved Chael's path!! He was so sweet and his ending was fantastic!!! And the way he talked.... awww

Kirile on the other hand was my second favorite Cheerfull and serious a nice mix!!! The only thing I didn't like on his path was (or at least I thought so):
When you choose at night camp whether you'll go stargazing with Chael or explore with Kirile, when he asks her about Chael the whole conversation was a bit... I don't know I didn't like the fact that they were talking bad about him :(
Now... well...
Duren was really ni9ce with her.. but just as a best friend I couldn't imagine him as anything ore than that!! And there was no cg with him and the princess together!! :(

As of Neffy!! I like the whole story around him!!! I hope there was an even better ending but this one feat those two perfectly!!

Thank you so much for sharing your game with us!! I really had fun playing it And I will definitely play it again!

oh and
Maybe because I have the previous upload, but you haven't locked the game folder and all the cg's backgrounds and everything you used are open for everyone to see
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears

That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3

Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

broken_angel
Veteran

#33 Post by broken_angel »

DiamondRoseTears wrote:Thanks for telling me the meaning of memoir!! That's what i thought but I wasn't sure!! really thank you!! :D
No problem. C:

DiamondRoseTears wrote:It was amazing!!! I really loved it!
Got almost all the endings!! But the one I can't have no matter what I do is Kirile secret ending!! :(
I'm glad you liked it!
Did you look at the walkthrough to try to get Kirile's secret ending? I'm just wondering if there's maybe something in the code that's keeping you from accessing it.

DiamondRoseTears wrote:Kirile on the other hand was my second favorite Cheerfull and serious a nice mix!!! The only thing I didn't like on his path was (or at least I thought so):
When you choose at night camp whether you'll go stargazing with Chael or explore with Kirile, when he asks her about Chael the whole conversation was a bit... I don't know I didn't like the fact that they were talking bad about him :(
Yeah, playing through it again, I found that a bit out of place, too, though they weren't really "talking bad" about him. They were just joking around, not with any ill intentions. Still, I might change that later. Thank you for pointing that out.
DiamondRoseTears wrote:Duren was really ni9ce with her.. but just as a best friend I couldn't imagine him as anything ore than that!! And there was no cg with him and the princess together!! :(
I really wanted to get CGs of each of the boys with her at the end (and a lot more), but alas, I never got them. And now the artist's style has changed too much to go back and commission them again. Ah well...

DiamondRoseTears wrote:oh and
Maybe because I have the previous upload, but you haven't locked the game folder and all the cg's backgrounds and everything you used are open for everyone to see
Yes, that's because you have a previous upload. I've fixed that in version 1.12, though it's not really a big deal. As long as no one uses the pictures in their games (since I paid a lot for those!), I don't mind if people take apart the script and whatnot and use it for their own games (not the writing, of course, but the code...if you can get through all the mess :lol: ).

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#34 Post by kara24601 »

"The new, fixed version available now is 1.12. According to your traceback, the issue is from the old version 1.1 (and has since been fixed)."

I'm sure I keep getting the right version but so far I have the same problem when I try to get Chael's ending(s)

Even with bugs , awesome game! Such nice graphics and an interesting story!

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

#35 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

I just downloaded the game (the original) and it's walk through. I have to say that I'am really loving it so far and I can't wait for the newer version to be finished. ^^

broken_angel
Veteran

#36 Post by broken_angel »

kara24601 wrote:"The new, fixed version available now is 1.12. According to your traceback, the issue is from the old version 1.1 (and has since been fixed)."

I'm sure I keep getting the right version but so far I have the same problem when I try to get Chael's ending(s)
Hmm...okay. Maybe I just thought I fixed it, then. So sorry about that!

I'll look into it and fix that ASAP (for sure, this time!)
EDIT: Found the issue. I did add in the necessary line line to fix the bug, but I accidentally added an extra "=" so it wouldn't work. T___T
The bug has been fixed for real this time. I highly recommend downloading version 1.13 if you plan to pursue Chael's endings.

kara24601 wrote:Even with bugs , awesome game! Such nice graphics and an interesting story!
Thank you. C: And again, sorry about the bugs. That's what I get for not asking for help from beta testers first.

Roseus Mirabili wrote:I just downloaded the game (the original) and it's walk through. I have to say that I'am really loving it so far and I can't wait for the newer version to be finished. ^^
Thanks for the download and for your support.

The remake probably won't be finished anytime soon since I'm focusing more on W.I.S.H at the moment (plus dealing with graduating from university and needing to get a job...). But I'll definitely continue to work on it. C:

mangalover45
Projects: Monochrome World

#37 Post by mangalover45 »

I don't know how to get the 8th cg?

broken_angel
Veteran

#38 Post by broken_angel »

mangalover45 wrote:I don't know how to get the 8th cg?
Play Nefferon's route as a "brilliant strategist" or "well-rounded ruler." Make sure you do all of the investigation choices (look through the "Side Quest: Solving the Mystery" part of the walkthrough linked in the first post). When Nefferon confronts you at the end of chapter 4, accuse him of being the murderer.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#39 Post by distorsion »

I downloaded the file and put it in the renpy folder, launched renpy, and selected it, but it just opens as a text edit... TnT
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

broken_angel
Veteran

#40 Post by broken_angel »

distorsion wrote:I downloaded the file and put it in the renpy folder, launched renpy, and selected it, but it just opens as a text edit... TnT
You don't need to put it in the Ren'py folder.

Just download the .zip and extract it to somewhere you'll remember, like the Desktop. Assuming that you're using Windows, open the folder and double-click on Memoirs of an Angel.exe. The game should start automatically. No need to launch Ren'py.

Hope that helps!

DangoRiceBalls
Regular
Completed: Take a Breath, Kami Cho, and that's it :P
Projects: Kuroi Tsubasa
Organization: Dango Productions

#41 Post by DangoRiceBalls »

This made my day. I love you. (^-^ )
Selling chewy, tasty, mochi for 1 penny each!

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#42 Post by michi 18 »

Finished playing it and just wanna say , I love the CGS!
Oh the ending with the emperor is so cool !
I love Chael and whose the other guy again the demon thingy?
Question:Where is the Holy Mother and the other queen in the game? I didnt saw them.
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#43 Post by distorsion »

I'm using a mac. I put it in renpy cause I couldn't figure out how else to get the game to play.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

broken_angel
Veteran

#44 Post by broken_angel »

DangoRiceBalls wrote:This made my day. I love you. (^-^ )
Glad you liked it. C:

michi 18 wrote:Finished playing it and just wanna say , I love the CGS!
Oh the ending with the emperor is so cool !
I love Chael and whose the other guy again the demon thingy?
Question:Where is the Holy Mother and the other queen in the game? I didnt saw them.
Thanks!

The Holy Mother (Menorrhi) and the other queen (Aukinora) aren't in the game. They will be in the remake, though, because they're pretty important characters. Auki also makes an appearance in my other game, W.I.S.H.

distorsion wrote:I'm using a mac. I put it in renpy cause I couldn't figure out how else to get the game to play.
Ah, I see.

Well, I'm not sure since I've never tried it on a Mac, but I think you unzip the MemoirsofanAngel-1.13-all.zip, open the Memoirs of an Angel.app folder, open the Contents folder, and then inside of the MacOS folder there should be two files: "Memoirs of an Angel" and "python". Click on "Memoirs of an Angel." If that doesn't work, perhaps ask around the help forum about how to play Ren'py games on a Mac?

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#45 Post by michi 18 »

when would there be a remake. Sorry ! Just too curious .
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.