Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy] UPDATE

#61 Post by broken_angel »

janrrah18 wrote:wooaahh!!the sprites looks great!!
woaahh..117.343 mb!!!?? (i hope our old slow computer can handle this big memory when i download this..:( )
but still i want to play this!!!!! i'll be patient....
Thanks.

The game was originally over 400MB. :lol: I'm pretty happy that I managed to make it as small as I did, but I do apologize to the people with slow Internet who have a hard time downloading this. ):

Moon wrote:Just had to make an account to say I really liked this game! =D
Can't wait to see the remake.
It actually inspired me to try and make a visual novel myself, though chances of finishing it are.. slim. =P

Though I seem to have trouble unlocking the 7th CG, could you maybe give me a hint?
Wow, I'm honored that you made an account just to comment on my game. xD
And cool! Once you finish a demo or something of it, I'd love to take a look and offer some feedback. C:

As for the CG...
The 7th and 8th CGs are similar and both come up on Nefferon's route. The 7th is unlocked when Nefferon gives you his necklace at the end of Chapter 2 (see walkthrough). I think either choice will result in the CG. Hope that helps!

Moon

#62 Post by Moon »

Augh, I can't believe I missed that!
Got it now though. The completionist in me just couldn't bear it.
Thank you! =D

Burupya_Dragon

#63 Post by Burupya_Dragon »

OMG!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!! ><
I loved all the endings, the choices, the pictures, I could go on and on! One of the best free games I have played in a while. I LOVED Chael's end but Nefferon's end frekaed me out a bit.
0-0)
I wish there were some more pictures for Kirile though. =(
Kirile >/////<
Oh well, beggars cant be choosers.
Loved it and overall, an amazing game!
:D

broken_angel
Veteran

#64 Post by broken_angel »

Moon wrote:Augh, I can't believe I missed that!
Got it now though. The completionist in me just couldn't bear it.
Thank you! =D
No problem. C:
Burupya_Dragon wrote:OMG!!!! I LOVED IT!!!!! ><
I loved all the endings, the choices, the pictures, I could go on and on! One of the best free games I have played in a while. I LOVED Chael's end but Nefferon's end frekaed me out a bit.
0-0)
I wish there were some more pictures for Kirile though. =(
Kirile >/////<
Oh well, beggars cant be choosers.
Loved it and overall, an amazing game!
:D
I'm glad you liked it!

I wish there were more pictures for Kirile, too. I had planned on having at least 3-4 unique CGs for each character (and an equal amount for each character, as opposed to Chael hogging half the gallery), but circumstances conspired against me and I had enough trouble just getting what I did. The artist's style has changed so much by now that it'd be pointless to go back and get the CGs I had intended, so unfortunately, poor Kirile is stuck with his measly one CG. Ah well, at least it's a good one.

Akuni
Regular

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

#65 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

#66 Post by trish_vc »

:D this game is,i dont know.. beautiful. yes that's the right word to describe it! especially the sprites, the characters were beautifully drawn and the outfit were superb. the cgs were not really convincing but we love it anyways. thanks for making this beautiful and awesome game!
http://www.facebook.com/aeisha.valenzuelacorporal
Image I'm an Unappreciated- ARTIST, WRITER, EDITOR, DEBATER.. You can ask me to Proofread, Draw, and whatever.*

einnaGG

#67 Post by einnaGG »

waah Gonna DownLoad It <3 ^_^

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#68 Post by Googaboga »

I played this (what seems like) ages ago, long before I joined this site. I can't remember much of the specifics but I do remember that I had some good times :mrgreen:.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

pinkyuu
Projects: One Step At A Time

#69 Post by pinkyuu »

I enjoy playing this game. I absolutely love Chael's & Kirile's route. Though for the dancing game, nothing appear so I just depend on my luck by click either one of it.

broken_angel
Veteran

#70 Post by broken_angel »

pinkyuu wrote:I enjoy playing this game. I absolutely love Chael's & Kirile's route. Though for the dancing game, nothing appear so I just depend on my luck by click either one of it.
Do you happen to remember in which part the arrows didn't appear? Like, which chapter, and whether you were playing as a "diplomat" or a "well-rounded ruler"?
(I was literally just looking through this thread to find bugs that people have mentioned, so perfect timing!)

pinkyuu
Projects: One Step At A Time

#71 Post by pinkyuu »

broken_angel wrote:
pinkyuu wrote:I enjoy playing this game. I absolutely love Chael's & Kirile's route. Though for the dancing game, nothing appear so I just depend on my luck by click either one of it.
Do you happen to remember in which part the arrows didn't appear? Like, which chapter, and whether you were playing as a "diplomat" or a "well-rounded ruler"?
(I was literally just looking through this thread to find bugs that people have mentioned, so perfect timing!)
It didn't appear in all chapters. I played as a well-rounded ruler.
Oh and there's one part with Duren where there's error appear on the screen but I keep pressing space and wasn't sure that if there's something wrong with it or it's just my computer.

broken_angel
Veteran

#72 Post by broken_angel »

pinkyuu wrote:
broken_angel wrote:
It didn't appear in all chapters. I played as a well-rounded ruler.
Oh and there's one part with Duren where there's error appear on the screen but I keep pressing space and wasn't sure that if there's something wrong with it or it's just my computer.
Okay, thanks. I'll see if I can find it, then.
EDIT: Wait, I think I misunderstood. If the arrows didn't appear at all, then you either clicked when you shouldn't have (that skips the arrow sequence) or it might be a problem with your graphics settings.

Yeah, I'm working on trying to find the Duren bug now, since a few others have mentioned it, too. Fixed! Accidentally had "Chael" written in a label.

Version 1.14 of the game is now available for download from the front page. I also threw up an updated version of the walkthrough, which includes a list of how to get all the CGs.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#73 Post by qirien »

Fun, sweet, and with a cool story and multi-dimensional characters! Looking forward to the remake. :-)
Finished games:

tcrown

#74 Post by tcrown »

This looks like it would be amazing, but I can't figure out how to download it!!!!!!!
I am able to download the zipped file, but I am unsure what to do next! How do I unzip it, and access the game? Please help!
(I have an HP Windows laptop)

broken_angel
Veteran

#75 Post by broken_angel »

tcrown wrote:This looks like it would be amazing, but I can't figure out how to download it!!!!!!!
I am able to download the zipped file, but I am unsure what to do next! How do I unzip it, and access the game? Please help!
(I have an HP Windows laptop)
If you're on a Windows computer, double-click on the zip file you downloaded and you should see a single folder. Right-click on the folder called "MemoirsofanAngel-1.14-all" (assuming that's the version you have...should be), click Copy, and then Paste the folder somewhere you can easily find (I normally just Paste mine to the Desktop so I can find it; you can always move it later when you're done with it).

Then to play the game, double-click on the pasted folder, and there should be a file called "Memoirs of an Angel.exe" (the one with Zuleika's face). Double-click on it to launch the game. :)

Hope that helped! If not, let me know.