Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mikaren
Regular

Re: Memoirs of an Angel (2010) [GxB] [Fantasy]

#76 Post by Mikaren »

Hi!
i didn't expect you still online but i don't mean it in bad way instead in amazingly good way
i played this a long time ago before this account was made and i am quite impressed!
but i have some question for you...
from what i see the cgs are made from base that could be obtained from deviantart(I have search around and find all the base)
soo the question is do you have permission to use that?

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#77 Post by broken_angel »

Mikaren wrote:Hi!
i didn't expect you still online but i don't mean it in bad way instead in amazingly good way
i played this a long time ago before this account was made and i am quite impressed!
but i have some question for you...
from what i see the cgs are made from base that could be obtained from deviantart(I have search around and find all the base)
soo the question is do you have permission to use that?
First of all, thanks for the compliment!

Second, I was not the one who drew the sprites or CGs (or backgrounds - those were all found on free resource sites and I tried my best to credit them, as per their terms of use). I specifically commissioned niecle for the sprites and ehcs for the CGs, so I have permission to use those art pieces depicting my characters because I paid for them. As for whether ehcs used "bases" for the CGs or not...I presume that, since this was made over five years ago when she was still starting as an artist, she probably used references - especially since I requested some really difficult poses from her. I can't speak for her, but I assume she wasn't intentionally copying or tracing, but was using another work as a reference.

I would like links to the bases you think were used. If it's clear that the CGs were traced, not referenced, I'll see about retroactively getting permission to use them.

Honestly, though, this is just a free game made several years ago by a couple of teenagers who had no clue what they were doing, and it reached only a very small audience. I'm amazed you even took the time to seek out evidence of possible art theft, considering how insignificant and outdated this project is. However, if the artists of the "bases" see the CGs from my game and think the similarities are too uncanny to ignore, then I will of course gladly take the CGs down by request. As it is, though, it's not hurting anyone.

aceredshirt13

#78 Post by aceredshirt13 »

First of all, there are a lot of things I liked about this game, and I plan on writing a review for it, which is exactly why I'm asking this question: In the walkthrough, it mentioned that there are two endings for Chael that you can only get with the "defender of the people" personality, but when I follow the instructions, I just get the normal Chael romantic and good endings again. I've gotten every other ending, and once I finish these two, I'll be able to write the review. Am I just being really stupid?

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

#79 Post by broken_angel »

aceredshirt13 wrote:First of all, there are a lot of things I liked about this game, and I plan on writing a review for it, which is exactly why I'm asking this question: In the walkthrough, it mentioned that there are two endings for Chael that you can only get with the "defender of the people" personality, but when I follow the instructions, I just get the normal Chael romantic and good endings again. I've gotten every other ending, and once I finish these two, I'll be able to write the review. Am I just being really stupid?
I just checked the script, and the condition for the alternate endings is actually having 300+ Kindness, not simply choosing the kind ("defender of the people") personality. I'll fix that in the walkthrough. Thanks for pointing it out!
(That's what I get for waiting four years to add that part of the walkthrough... I forgot what I put in my own game!)

Though it's worth noting that the difference between those endings and the regular Chael endings is very minor. Honestly, I don't think it's worth fretting over. It's just a couple of lines in the epilogue that are different, but of course it's up to you.

Regardless, I'm so happy you care enough about my little game to write a review! I'd love to read it sometime. :o ...No pressure, haha. So far, I've mostly agreed with the criticisms I've received, but it's nice to know what I need to improve on in the remake (which is still in the works, I swear...). And it's always fun to read praise.

Erikka
Regular

#80 Post by Erikka »

It was one of the first otome games I've played and I have to say that it was extremely cool! I'm still impressed. If you are really doing a remake of this game then I'm really happy!