The Silent Maiden

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#46 Post by monele »

Ok, thanks ^.^. I got a lot further... actually it *could* be the good ending but it still feels somewhat frustrating :
Got up to the "who's the murderer" choice and picked Mrs Woodhouse. Still, Jane says she has no proof... and I suppose it's true ô_o... So... is this the final ending or did I pick the wrong person or did I miss yet another important choice that gives that particular proof? ^^;...

mokenju1
Regular

#47 Post by mokenju1 »

Mrs. Woodhouse is a wrong option, at least in this game :twisted: . Jane hasn't found any proof, because there isn't any proof (but that only happens in The Silent Maiden, the other games have "proofs" even for some non guilty characters, so they have a "good ending" and a "bad ending" of a bad ending :lol:. )
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#48 Post by monele »

I see I see~... I'll search some more then :)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#49 Post by Taleweaver »

I should add some comments - after all, I played AND enjoyed this one...

The Victorian mood really comes along nicely, not just in the art but also in the narrative. Everything "feels" right for the era, up to the usual stiffness in common conversation, and the only scenes that feel a little lighter are those between Jane and Petunia - and those can be explained by the special relationship between them. Really impressive!

The actual murder mystery was a little difficult to discern in my opinion - in fact, my first choice was the wrong one and I only got it right on my second try. However, the murder method was something I wouldn't have found out on my own; Jane beat me to it. Don't know whether I was just too stupid or whether it was intentional.

All in all, I liked this one better than "The Wandering Child", for clarity of ending and also for the look at the private life of Jane. It's easy to relate to her, even though she lives in an entirely different society to ours.

I currently feel the urge to create a murder mystery of my own, though in a different setting. I'm just not sure whether to react to it with so many unfinished things right now...
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

mokenju1
Regular

#50 Post by mokenju1 »

I'm glad you liked this one :wink: .

Don't worry about being stupid for not discovering the method of the murders. Honestly, I would be surprised if somebody would arrive to Jane's conclusion with only the little clues she has about that :lol: . In this game, knowing who did it and why, is far easier than knowing how he/she did it.

And good luck writing your own murder mistery. I would enjoy playing more Ren'py games with detective stories.

*returns to bed, stupid mononucleosis... I feel as if I was 80 years old :x *
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"