The Silent Maiden

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mokenju1
Regular

#31 Post by mokenju1 »

DaFool wrote:Nobody said this game was good...
*cries*

Sorry, that was uncalled for. But I couldn't help it. You can kick me now.
Not like I was expecting something more for the person who said in another thread that the other game was the first detective ren'py story he had saw... ejem... Jane is still crying for that. I will need lots of therapy to convince her that she is also a detective.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Of course no offence intended for Candle's game that I'm going to play when NaNoReno ends. (The lists of games I have to play grows and grows... That's great :D )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#32 Post by monele »

Ok, so it's unpolished. Now what's the author thought : should I wait for the polished version or not? :). Do you want the player to enjoy something polished or is the polish just very little touches here and there?

mokenju1
Regular

#33 Post by mokenju1 »

monele wrote:Ok, so it's unpolished. Now what's the author thought : should I wait for the polished version or not? :). Do you want the player to enjoy something polished or is the polish just very little touches here and there?
Hmmm... I'm already an author? That sounds good :D .

The polished version is the same game but with corrected grammar and spelling. I don't think that the actual version is not legible, but it's true that if you are reading a story and you find a lot of grammar mistakes in the way, you are not going to be focused in the story anymore. You are asking yourself "What was she trying to say here?", and that it's definitely not good while playing a game (if the game was not purposedly made to be weird :roll: ).

So maybe it's better to wait. It's ok that someone can't "enter" in the story because it's badly narrated, but I don't like the thougth of someone losing what could be interesting in the game only because my English ( and correcting scripts skill) sucks.

Candle
Regular

#34 Post by Candle »

No offence taken
Administrator @ Adventure Maker

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by monele »

All right then ^^ I'll wait a little :)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#36 Post by chronoluminaire »

If there's a prospect of a spelling-and-grammar-corrected version, I'll wait for that, as I tend to notice those kinds of errors.

Well, in fact I'll be waiting until April anyway ^^;; because I'm kinda busy until then...

But after NaNoRenO is done, if you want a proofreader, I'll happily do that for you if you want :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

mokenju1
Regular

#37 Post by mokenju1 »

chronoluminaire wrote: But after NaNoRenO is done, if you want a proofreader, I'll happily do that for you if you want :)
If Ignosco gets tired of me and my silly stories and escapes, I will remind you your words :twisted: .

Ignosco
Veteran

#38 Post by Ignosco »

Just an update: I've finished correcting it, so hopefully Mokenju can upload the final version soon. :D

mokenju1
Regular

#39 Post by mokenju1 »

Corrected version added :wink: .

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#40 Post by F.I.A »

An interesting story indeed. It reads just like those english literature I love. :P
How many endings are possible for this one? Currently I am able to get the real(?) ending
As for my doubts:
The way Charlotte speaks the first time kind of poke a suspicion on me. But unfortunately, I chose Mrs. Woodhouse first. :P
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

mokenju1
Regular

#41 Post by mokenju1 »

Thanks for the review F.I.A :D .

About the endings:
The Silent Maiden has only one "true" ending: when you unmask the real murderer. There are some dead endings in the way, and some "failure" endings at the end. But all of them are kind of frustating for the player, so I don't think anyone, who has not sadistic tendences, would want to replay the game and get all the endings only for reading again and again that you haven't won :twisted: . It would be interesting to replay the game to get Ashton's cutscene though, if you haven't get it at the first "succesfully"gameplay, e.g. :lol: . The Worthy Bride and The Wandering Child are the ones that have different endings which could be interesting to achieve for some reasons... :wink: .

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#42 Post by monele »

Mmmm, it seems I'm really lost ^^;... I keep getting to the same paths and nothing really new comes up, even though I've found bits and bits of new information with each replay.
So far, I've learned about Mrs Woodhouse, Frederick... and I can get Charlotte to speak about a Rosaleen, but Aunt Petunia can't guess who she might be. I always end up returning to mother :|. I'm pretty sure I've done *all* the paths except the right one, for some reason ^^;... I need help ^^;...

mokenju1
Regular

#43 Post by mokenju1 »

monele wrote:Mmmm, it seems I'm really lost ^^;... I keep getting to the same paths and nothing really new comes up, even though I've found bits and bits of new information with each replay.
So far, I've learned about Mrs Woodhouse, Frederick... and I can get Charlotte to speak about a Rosaleen, but Aunt Petunia can't guess who she might be. I always end up returning to mother :|. I'm pretty sure I've done *all* the paths except the right one, for some reason ^^;... I need help ^^;...
You must talk to Doris. The first visit to the Woodhouse's manor would be a good opportunity to do so :wink: .
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by monele »

Mmm... I think I did that during my last playthrough ô_o... But it didn't lead anywhere later on :/

mokenju1
Regular

#45 Post by mokenju1 »

Ok, so let's go "walkthrough" mode :
First menu : First choice.

And when you find a menu at Day 2 where you can talk with Aunt Petunia or go somewhere: go somewhere. :wink:
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"