The Silent Maiden

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mokenju1
Regular

#16 Post by mokenju1 »

Of course mikey, if you think the game is qualified to be listed at the RAA, I'll be glad to see it included there :wink: .

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

I've added TSM to the Archives. If you have the Vista-compatible Windows version at some point, just post it somewhere and I'll update it.

mokenju1
Regular

#18 Post by mokenju1 »

Sorry for being dense as always but, Ren'py 6.1.0c is Vista-compatible?. So I only have to make the distributions with this version, right?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by monele »

Yep :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by mikey »

The way I understand it, you just have to make the Windows version with the new Ren'Py. The Linux and Mac versions dont't need to be compatible with Vista, because... well, they're for Linux and Mac :?

mokenju1
Regular

#21 Post by mokenju1 »

mikey wrote:The way I understand it, you just have to make the Windows version with the new Ren'Py. The Linux and Mac versions dont't need to be compatible with Vista, because... well, they're for Linux and Mac :?
Yep that seems quite logic :lol:

Umm... That happens because I'm writing a script and... *mumbles the rest of the silly excuse trying to hide how dumb she really can be*

EDIT: Ok, I'll replace the old win distribution with a new one in the post.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by mikey »

Okay, Vista-cool version added. :wink:

Nobody

#23 Post by Nobody »

Great story. Very atmospheric and Sherlock Holmesy. The non-dead-end part of the script has a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes though. While the meaning is still clear in spite of them, they do distract from the story a little. I can edit the text to fix those if it is not being worked on, though I've no experience with Ren'Py script format.

In case it matters, I downloaded the Windows version linked to from the Archives.

Ignosco
Veteran

#24 Post by Ignosco »

Glad you enjoyed mokenju's story :)

With the spelling and grammar, there is a completely corrected version I did - however I didn't actually indicate in Ren'Py where all the changes I made were :oops: and because of the time constraints of NaNoRenO mokenju was only able to fix up some of the spelling/grammar (I wasn't making the changes directly onto the real script)... It wouldn't be too much work for us to do a final corrected version but that might have to wait until after NaNoRenO is finished - and in any case, it's not my decision.

We've refined the proofreading process and hopefully the next story will be much better in that respect.

Ignosco

mokenju1
Regular

#25 Post by mokenju1 »

Thanks for your review Nobody :wink: .
And I'm sorry the game was hurriedly released without correcting all the grammar and spelling mistakes. It's all my own fault, because like Ignosco explained the proofreading was done perfectly, but like I have the (bad)habit of correcting the script manually, sometimes I skip errors without noticing. And I agree with the release of a final corrected version :wink: . I have the firm intention that next releases are going to be always totally finished (at least in that aspect :lol: ),because after all Ignosco's great work I feel ashamed that someone would think that the script is not in perfect english because of him :oops: .

Ignosco
Veteran

#26 Post by Ignosco »

No promises that what I do will be completely correct of course :oops::), and it's also partly my fault for not indicating.

Just wondering as well (only for people who have finished the game)
Who did you pick as the murderer the first time?

Nobody

#27 Post by Nobody »

Ah, nice to hear that. The game deserves the polish.
Ignosco wrote:
Who did you pick as the murderer the first time?
I didn't make it to the suspect-selecting part until I've got into about 5 dead ends. By then it was pretty clear who it was, though...
I did have slight doubts about Mrs. Woodhouse.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by monele »

I'm still confused about this.... is the game finished or not? ^^;

mokenju1
Regular

#29 Post by mokenju1 »

Like Nobody has said it's finished but unpolished, monele :wink: .

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#30 Post by DaFool »

Nobody said this game was good...
*cries*

Sorry, that was uncalled for. But I couldn't help it. You can kick me now.