Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

#196 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thanks guys *^_^*

@Kuro: I'll send you a PM

WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

#197 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

This game is quite cute, though it takes quite awhile to play through. (Not like I actually have anything else to do though. Haha.)
For the first four times or so, I played without being able to see the clothing until I was wearing it. I did manage to fix that after awhile.
Though I have to say that little "secret" about Chase was a bit too obvious, even when playing others routes and spending no time with him.
Dimitri's route, I really wanted to punch him.
Though I loved all the stories (except Lucas since I still haven't done his yet because I don't really like him.)

Vi is by far the best character in the game. Absolutely love him.

doodle

#198 Post by doodle »

Sooo... You can't continue the route of someone you've friendzoned? Because I changed my mind D:

mionhax

#199 Post by mionhax »

how to fix this :( :( :(
;-; i cant back
Attachments
sfsef.png

Mystical

#200 Post by Mystical »

I ran into the same problem and had to search the Internet to find a solution. What worked for me was pressing Shift+G and choosing 'Force Software Renderer', restarting the game and starting a new game from the very beginning.

Hope it works for you as well. :)

mionhax

#201 Post by mionhax »

ah its working :D thanks you >.<

Shiny
Tumblr: shingshingshiny
Deviantart: AllNamesAreClaimed12

#202 Post by Shiny »

Well this was a really fun game! I liked the characters, they were well written and more realistic than a lot of characters from high school settings in fiction. I've only finished Dimitri's route but even then I found the others very intriguing! I like all the little events and encounters, and the game's humour is fun. The only problem I'd have is that it'd be cool if the emotion h@x came into the story more, I forgot I had it most of the time. And the game definitely took me longer than 4 hours to complete xD it took me like 3 days. But anyway, great work!

Catastrofica

#203 Post by Catastrofica »

How did I miss this!? I've played your other games and loved them! I'm so excited to see a new one!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#204 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Hey everyone! I'm having like, so much trouble with this game, specially getting Chase's path because no matter what I do, it won't trigger events/scenes with him. Like, nothing happens, that's pretty much it.
It's a great game, and very funny but it's really, really hard. I know there's a guide to it but it's not helpful to me at least. Anyone has any tips? Or if there's a better guide out there please let me know and I'll love you forever.

myuunie
Tumblr: myuun

#205 Post by myuunie »

sakurakimuchi wrote:Hey everyone! I'm having like, so much trouble with this game, specially getting Chase's path because no matter what I do, it won't trigger events/scenes with him. Like, nothing happens, that's pretty much it.
It's a great game, and very funny but it's really, really hard. I know there's a guide to it but it's not helpful to me at least. Anyone has any tips? Or if there's a better guide out there please let me know and I'll love you forever.
Aw man, I haven't played the game in so long, but I do remember it was a bit of a struggle at the beginning. Once you get the hang of it, every route will get easier and easier, you just can't give up! I did use the walkthrough that was given by VenusEclipse which was really helpful to me because it is extremely detailed, but I think I can recommend you a couple more things!

A lot of the scenes that occur, happen at the very last year. For the first two years you gotta focus a lot on stat raising so that by the third year it doesn't become too big of a hassle. You definitely have to have those two stats raised up though.

It is very very important to join the Chess club and to attend every Friday (I think it's Friday when you have clubs...). It will give you interaction with him which will help you raise his stat I think. Whenever you are asked about Chase and it asks for your reaction, always choose blush. Every once in a while, use crazy face (the last one in the row), because although it will raise love a lot, it will also raise up your obsession and it will end up with a a bad end. Use it sparingly.

Always always always keep changing your clothes when you go on dates and make sure that it's the type of clothing that he likes. I am sure that the walkthrough gives a list of what type of clothing Chase is into. Make sure not to repeat outfits. If you wear an outfit for one outing (which you should try to do as often as you can), use a different for the next, and a different one for the next, and a different one until you are forced to repeat. It is important to save up your money for clothing, and of course, events! Make sure to buy your Halloween outfit early so you have enough time to save up for money for the actual dance.

Raise up your charm very very early in the game too, even if it's not one of your guys' stats! It will help you find a job quickly!

If you want a specific order of how I would see how my days would look like it would be something like: Study, exercise, study, exercise, and club! I try to do both stats as often as I can in this order and then during weekends rest if I am dying to rest. Mostly use it to raise up my charm!

It is definitely a challenging game because there are so many stats to look into! I'll replay Chase's route and see if I can find anything else that would help you out. ;u; Hope this helps a bit!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#206 Post by sakurakimuchi »

myuunie wrote:
sakurakimuchi wrote:Hey everyone! I'm having like, so much trouble with this game, specially getting Chase's path because no matter what I do, it won't trigger events/scenes with him. Like, nothing happens, that's pretty much it.
Aw man, I haven't played the game in so long, but I do remember it was a bit of a struggle at the beginning. Once you get the hang of it, every route will get easier and easier, you just can't give up! I did use the walkthrough that was given by VenusEclipse which was really helpful to me because it is extremely detailed, but I think I can recommend you a couple more things!

A lot of the scenes that occur, happen at the very last year. For the first two years you gotta focus a lot on stat raising so that by the third year it doesn't become too big of a hassle. You definitely have to have those two stats raised up though.

It is very very important to join the Chess club and to attend every Friday (I think it's Friday when you have clubs...). It will give you interaction with him which will help you raise his stat I think. Whenever you are asked about Chase and it asks for your reaction, always choose blush. Every once in a while, use crazy face (the last one in the row), because although it will raise love a lot, it will also raise up your obsession and it will end up with a a bad end. Use it sparingly.

Always always always keep changing your clothes when you go on dates and make sure that it's the type of clothing that he likes. I am sure that the walkthrough gives a list of what type of clothing Chase is into. Make sure not to repeat outfits. If you wear an outfit for one outing (which you should try to do as often as you can), use a different for the next, and a different one for the next, and a different one until you are forced to repeat. It is important to save up your money for clothing, and of course, events! Make sure to buy your Halloween outfit early so you have enough time to save up for money for the actual dance.

Raise up your charm very very early in the game too, even if it's not one of your guys' stats! It will help you find a job quickly!

If you want a specific order of how I would see how my days would look like it would be something like: Study, exercise, study, exercise, and club! I try to do both stats as often as I can in this order and then during weekends rest if I am dying to rest. Mostly use it to raise up my charm!

It is definitely a challenging game because there are so many stats to look into! I'll replay Chase's route and see if I can find anything else that would help you out. ;u; Hope this helps a bit!

Thank you so much for this! I'll try playing it again following your tips now. But really, thank you a lot! :D

chiharuchi
Regular

#207 Post by chiharuchi »

If I may, where is the guide or walkthrough? The link for the forum guide said it's disabled.

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

#208 Post by MiracleCatZ »

chiharuchi wrote:If I may, where is the guide or walkthrough? The link for the forum guide said it's disabled.
The walkthrough for the game is moved to this little nice place here...

http://unbrokenhours.com/walkthroughs/w ... h-hsb.html

I by chance found it, and I will leave it right here for everyone else too!

isabelissima

#209 Post by isabelissima »

So, I tried to access the guide, but seems like the Unbroken Hours site isn't working at all? Did something happen, or is it just temporarily out? When I downloaded the game a while back it was fine...

EDIT - Nevermind, site is back! Guess it was temporary.