Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
icecheetah
Regular

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

#136 Post by icecheetah »

Just finished one path and... I am really surprised that I enjoyed a stat based game like this.

The path I started with was Dimitri's, but I went onto Alice's because (edit: and everyone else's it seems)
when he came over to apologise and try and re-start the relationship I had a good think and I thought that no, I wouldn't.
His reaction? He got so depressed he overloaded the H@x and it replaced him with an error! http://imageshack.us/a/img831/8639/heartbugs.png
I know that's probably an error with my download but it made things a little more entertaining! I think I want to keep it that way.

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#137 Post by Mimi_Melody »

ixWishing wrote:
Ayame wrote:
Mimi_Melody wrote:Um...when I go to the shops to buy clothes, I can't see the exit or "back" button anywhere? So how can I go out of the shop if I'm done with buying clothes? @@ (Not that I have a black screen or no clothes images or anything, it's just I can't get out of the shops...:( ) And the "people" button shows nothing but 2 blue boxes..whenever I click it I'm stuck.

EDIT: I've updated both my graphics drivers and directX, tried all the options there are on the menu when I used Shift+Enter to ope the game. Nothing happens... :(
Unfortunately, I've got the exact same problem. Is there something else I can do to make it work?
Try starting the game from the VERY beginning.
Like, a total new save file.
That happened to me at first, I tried all the solutions and none of them worked. Then I experimented around, and started from a total new game/save file (not loading from a past save file), and I was able to run the same smoothly. So yeah. Try starting fresh? :d
Oh my gosh... :shock: I gave up on the game some time ago (cuz of the problems), I didn't even bother reading the topic, but somehow today I got mail (because I've followed this topic and haven't turned it off), decided to have a look, while reading through the comments, I saw this! THIS!!! Thanks a lot, I dunno what to say...*cries* The game worked and it was great! :D
If you didn't post this (or I didn't read it), I think I'd have to wait until I got a new computer with all the updated programs to run the game @@ :oops:

thanatoaster

#138 Post by thanatoaster »

I downloaded and am really enjoying your game, but I have come across an error. I tried to ride the yellivator with Naomi on my first spring break and I got this...

I hope that helps. :3
Attachments
heartsting bugs error.png

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#139 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um, can anyone tell me which clothes are elegant? I don't know how to mix them and stuff...(going for Chase) @@

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#140 Post by Akitsuki »

I've tried it! Ended up in Tamera's route because, well, I didn't finish Dimitri's ending.
Because after I broke up with Dimitri, there aren't any events and I thought you left it hanging in purpose--but reading the others' comments, it seems like there is something I have to finish first. But the time isn't enough perhaps, I already graduate there ._.
And I was actually curious, how to get closer with Chase? He seems to be untouched, I didn't even get him to give his number. Now rush for him this time! Ha! He'd better find me among those fangirls~ *A*
Oh, I was still surprised to find Blaze actually approached me there. His picture when he had his concert was hilarious that made me think he is a cool person. Well, it ruined once he came lol. But I might take his route later, after Chase since I have no idea how he would do.
After all, it's good. I can't wait to finish all the routes! And it kinda reminds me of TokiMemo series, even my brother notices it.

Vialixia
Regular

#141 Post by Vialixia »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Um...when I go to the shops to buy clothes, I can't see the exit or "back" button anywhere? So how can I go out of the shop if I'm done with buying clothes? @@ (Not that I have a black screen or no clothes images or anything, it's just I can't get out of the shops...:( ) And the "people" button shows nothing but 2 blue boxes..whenever I click it I'm stuck.

EDIT: I've updated both my graphics drivers and directX, tried all the options there are on the menu when I used Shift+Enter to ope the game. Nothing happens... :(
I'm having this issue with the clothes store too :( Will try a new save. I didn't save the game at all, until I got to the clothes store, so I wasn't loading directly from any save at that time. Maybe the problem occurs if you have no save data.

trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

#142 Post by trish_vc »

i've been waiting for this game for so long! at last! yeh!

saranghae_

#143 Post by saranghae_ »

Played this game the day you posted it on here, but was to lazy to comment! Hehe.
I was really looking forward to this game since it looks a bit like Tokimeki & since you were the creator since I really do love your games. :)
Anyways,
I played Chase's route while dating Lucas at the same time! But shh!
Was really surprised by his secret. >< I wasn't expecting this at all.
I don't really remember what happened 'cause as I said I've played this game on december and my memory sucks. But I remember that I enjoyed his route. ^^ Oh and your art has improved! :) That's really good.
Keep up the good work!

amarathinee

#144 Post by amarathinee »

I loved playing this game! Beautiful graphics, the storylines kept me interested, and the chibis are cute! One thing I noticed was I wasn't getting all of my money. I'll replay to see if it happens in the beginning also, but in the 3rd year I was supposed to receive $14 from Mom, 'just because' and I noticed that exact amount was always missing from the total every time.

amarathinee

#145 Post by amarathinee »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Um, can anyone tell me which clothes are elegant? I don't know how to mix them and stuff...(going for Chase) @@
Try mixing clothing from both shops in the mall. Make sure to check every season for new clothing also. One of the shops sells a long white dress with flowers that's elegant. Also, there is a short sleeved white shirt, from Bold Navy i believe, that can be paired with the 'brown' pants that look kinda pink. Switching between the dress and that outfit can get you by. Just pair clothing together that you think look dressy, it took me a while too.

Storme

#146 Post by Storme »

Hehee, I love this game! ^-^

I'm having trouble raising my character's love impression with Chase though.
I pick the blushing face (or the obsessive face occasionally) every time for him but my love impression is hardly moving up! I've played through until the end and his love meter was at the maximum, and friendship was pretty high, whilst my friendship was at the maximum but my love meter was at around 65-75%, resulting in me not getting the final CG.
Now I've started over, but I'm having the same problem, my friendship meter shoots up, while the progress on my love meter is minuscule. :c

Anyone know how to fix this?

Anomandaris
Regular

#147 Post by Anomandaris »

@Storme, go on expensive dates with him (the aquarium is usually a good bet) every weekend to raise the MC's love impression. It's really hard to get Chase's up; I had the easiest time with Blaze's meter, but the hardest time with his.

Finally reviewing this game, long after playing it: I enjoyed the art - the sprites were well-drawn, and I liked the fact that costumes and special outfits were drawn as well. The virus was very cute! The stat-based gameplay was very repetitive, however, as were the date events. After one or two events, you've basically seen them all, but need to keep repeating them over and over again to raise love meters. More variation there, or a lowered requirement for repetition, would have helped replayability and enjoyment values. Also, while I appreciated that the game takes place over a 3-year period, the stat raising is, again, extremely repetitive, and got dull after a while.

Special events, such as Halloween parties or Tamera's quest, were done well. I enjoyed reading and playing through those quite a bit, and really enjoyed the mystery component in the latter. In summary, although I enjoyed the game the first time I played through it (Blaze's route was my favorite), replay value was hurt by the repetitive nature of the gameplay. I think the strength of the game lies in its unique events, and I would have preferred more focus on those rather than on stat-raising. A fairly good game overall.

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#148 Post by janrrah18 »

waaahh!!!!i really love this game!!! i love chase his totally good looking..i played and played it just to get all of chase's endings...(in fact, now that i think about it i DID only chase after chase :)))

i hope you will make another awesome vn game!!!! :D

sayu_k
Regular

#149 Post by sayu_k »

I rly liked this. Love this simulation games!

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

Moon20
Regular

#150 Post by Moon20 »

Im on Chase birthday event and i whonder wish birthday present i shull buy and give to hime?