Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

#121 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Um...when I go to the shops to buy clothes, I can't see the exit or "back" button anywhere? So how can I go out of the shop if I'm done with buying clothes? @@ (Not that I have a black screen or no clothes images or anything, it's just I can't get out of the shops...:( ) And the "people" button shows nothing but 2 blue boxes..whenever I click it I'm stuck.

EDIT: I've updated both my graphics drivers and directX, tried all the options there are on the menu when I used Shift+Enter to ope the game. Nothing happens... :(

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#122 Post by Riviera »

... Help??

I have never had as hard of a time with a stat raising game as I have with this one. No matter what I seem to do, she fails at least 90 percent of the stat raising activities and her stress keeps shooting through the roof with or without a job.

I tried playing with a job and she not only failed every single part of the final exam, she had to spend so much time sleeping that she didn't have any social life at all. Tried again without the job and even with constant saving and reloading I still can't seem to manage her stress, she still has to sleep constantly and still has no social life. Not only that but she's also barely raising her stats, which is just salt in the wound.

I must be doing something wrong since everyone else seems to be having an easy time with this.

Does my copy of the game hate me? Am I choosing the wrong birth month or day (May 22)? Are there other factors besides stress that effect her stat raising success rate? Is there any way at all to influence it to get more of a chance at a positive outcome? Was there a difficulty adjustment recently?

Are there strategies I don't know of, like... should I be balancing physical and mental stat raising? Does being friends with people increase your success rate when they show up in the activity? Should I have picked both of the same thing in the beginning instead of two different things? Should I reload the game every so often to reset the RNG?

Sorry for the wall of questions, but... Ugh, I'm just so frustrated. I can almost ace Lucky Rabbit Reflex and Winter Wolves's stat raisers in my sleep, I've never had a problem with any of the Tokimemo games, I regularly max out stuff in Love Revo... I have no idea why this one's completely destroying me. :(
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

nancie
Regular

#123 Post by nancie »

Riviera wrote:I tried playing with a job and she not only failed every single part of the final exam
With or with out a job the exam stats don't change to get an A you need roughly 150 in each stat at the end of the first year a B is like 125
Riviera wrote: even with constant saving and reloading I still can't seem to manage her stress, she still has to sleep constantly and still has no social life. Not only that but she's also barely raising her stats, which is just salt in the wound.
You can manage stress by
- going to the beach (free) takes off 7 pts
- going to the cafe and buying coffee ($5) takes off 12 pts
- going to the convenience store and buying drinks ($4) takes off 10 pts or buying food ($9) takes off 20 pts
- or sleeping (free) takes off 1-6 pts
Stat raises appear to be random - weekdays 1-4 pts and weekends up to 6 pts. You almost always gain stress in everything you do, so be prepared to manage it later ( I did about once a week going to by food at the store)
The saving and reloading thing can be useful if you are trying to make sure you have a stat or money for a certain event but it is not necessary to finish the game, you have 3 whole years to get your stats up.
As for the other stuff - birthday really doesn't matter (except for in the first year the amount of time you have to build relationships to get presents, but again not really important)
Basic tips are just that each guy really has only two stats that you have to get for the best ending so you really don't need to stress about getting the "perfect" score unless you want to.
Hope that helps some. :wink:

Morticia

#124 Post by Morticia »

This looks nice, although I need to wait, because I can't download it yet. D:

Connie
Regular

#125 Post by Connie »

The game won't play music anymore. I even tried fixing the settings under configuration.
I love food.

EchoLove
Regular

#126 Post by EchoLove »

I'm sorry this is a stupid question, but how do you save in game, I can't figure it out even though it's probably obvious.

Kiny
Completed: Terminal Happiness
Projects: Thats a Secret! You'll know when i feel like telling!

#127 Post by Kiny »

how to save: right clicking makes the save menu apear. good luck.

now for my own issue. i was having toons of fun playing the game. near the end of the chase's route the game started acting weird. sometimes while raising stats the stat window wouldn't apear. opening the people's menu to see the friendship and love would open me an empty menu background without options and without any way of returning back to the game, had to lose my progress sometimes by opening it by mystake(since i took a habit of checking it regularly). somehow i still managed to finish the route. (full ending! was awsome ^^ thanks!)
then i decided to try blaze next. starting the game again and i could acess the people's menu working fine and stuff... but like 4 ingame weeks after... i started having the exact same issue. also i can't see what cloths are equipped when asking someone to go out. nor am i able to remove them. i tryed uninstalling and reinstalling but after playing a bit, the same thing happens.
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0001.png (7.58 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
screenshot0002.png
i also tryed the shift enter thing and updating but the problem happened anyway...

curious fact... going back to the save when the menu wasn't working gets me a non working menu while starting anew makes it work utill it decides to fail me again (could it be from the save file or something? just a thought...).

i was wondering if i could have assistance since is pretty much impossible too play like this... and i enjoyed it so much i wanted to play all the routes D:

Loveli
Regular

#128 Post by Loveli »

Riviera wrote:... Help??

I have never had as hard of a time with a stat raising game as I have with this one. No matter what I seem to do, she fails at least 90 percent of the stat raising activities and her stress keeps shooting through the roof with or without a job.

I tried playing with a job and she not only failed every single part of the final exam, she had to spend so much time sleeping that she didn't have any social life at all. Tried again without the job and even with constant saving and reloading I still can't seem to manage her stress, she still has to sleep constantly and still has no social life. Not only that but she's also barely raising her stats, which is just salt in the wound.

I must be doing something wrong since everyone else seems to be having an easy time with this.

Does my copy of the game hate me? Am I choosing the wrong birth month or day (May 22)? Are there other factors besides stress that effect her stat raising success rate? Is there any way at all to influence it to get more of a chance at a positive outcome? Was there a difficulty adjustment recently?

Are there strategies I don't know of, like... should I be balancing physical and mental stat raising? Does being friends with people increase your success rate when they show up in the activity? Should I have picked both of the same thing in the beginning instead of two different things? Should I reload the game every so often to reset the RNG?

Sorry for the wall of questions, but... Ugh, I'm just so frustrated. I can almost ace Lucky Rabbit Reflex and Winter Wolves's stat raisers in my sleep, I've never had a problem with any of the Tokimemo games, I regularly max out stuff in Love Revo... I have no idea why this one's completely destroying me. :(
Well I have noticed that the more stress she has the more likely she is to fail a stat raising activity. What I do is I always try to have a high academics so she gets more money and doesn't need to work. I never sleep because it can cause the stats to go down. What I do to keep stress at bay is that I go to the beach (wich is free) almost every week (one day of the weekend, the other I use it for social life) or I have a drink or food so that I can skip a week or two and have a full weekend of social life. Hope this helps.
Just a tip, ALWAYS read the traceback when an error occurs... Even if you say you don't really understand it, it may give you a hint as to what is wrong whit your script :) trust me... I have "Been There, Done That!" :D

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#129 Post by VenusEclipse »

PMed all people who haven't had their questions answered with problems so I don't flood this topic and so no one thinks I'm ignoring them. ^^;

EchoLove
Regular

#130 Post by EchoLove »

Actually my save menu won't pop up, no mater where I press and clicking the right click doesn't work either :(

spooky

#131 Post by spooky »

Can't believe I haven't checked the updates on this game in so long! I was following it for ages as I loved Frozen Essence! Will play it tonight. ^_^

Ayame
Regular

#132 Post by Ayame »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Um...when I go to the shops to buy clothes, I can't see the exit or "back" button anywhere? So how can I go out of the shop if I'm done with buying clothes? @@ (Not that I have a black screen or no clothes images or anything, it's just I can't get out of the shops...:( ) And the "people" button shows nothing but 2 blue boxes..whenever I click it I'm stuck.

EDIT: I've updated both my graphics drivers and directX, tried all the options there are on the menu when I used Shift+Enter to ope the game. Nothing happens... :(
Unfortunately, I've got the exact same problem. Is there something else I can do to make it work?

ixWishing
Veteran

#133 Post by ixWishing »

Ayame wrote:
Mimi_Melody wrote:Um...when I go to the shops to buy clothes, I can't see the exit or "back" button anywhere? So how can I go out of the shop if I'm done with buying clothes? @@ (Not that I have a black screen or no clothes images or anything, it's just I can't get out of the shops...:( ) And the "people" button shows nothing but 2 blue boxes..whenever I click it I'm stuck.

Unfortunately, I've got the exact same problem. Is there something else I can do to make it work?
Try starting the game from the VERY beginning.
Like, a total new save file.
That happened to me at first, I tried all the solutions and none of them worked. Then I experimented around, and started from a total new game/save file (not loading from a past save file), and I was able to run the same smoothly. So yeah. Try starting fresh? :d
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Ayame
Regular

#134 Post by Ayame »

ixWishing wrote:Try starting the game from the VERY beginning.
That happened to me at first, I tried all the solutions and none of them worked. Then I experimented around, and started from a total new game/save file (not loading from a past save file), and I was able to run the same smoothly. So yeah. Try starting fresh? :d
I tried this and it seems to have worked. Thanks! :D
Avatar made with Chibi Maker 1.1 by gen8 @ deviantart

ixWishing
Veteran

#135 Post by ixWishing »

Ayame wrote:
ixWishing wrote:Try starting the game from the VERY beginning.
I tried this and it seems to have worked. Thanks! :D
You're welcome ~ ♪
- Everlasting Dreams ;