Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
just the new girl

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

#166 Post by just the new girl »

It looks so good. the characters are adorable, cant wait to play it. I love simulation games and am just starting to play otome games so this is brilliant

omgitstay
Regular

#167 Post by omgitstay »

Played this game and to be honest, no words can describe how amazing this game is! Thanks for the hard work on it, I sure did enjoy playing it:)

greenheartnellie
Regular

#168 Post by greenheartnellie »

Hey, so I've had this game for a while but it was only until this week that I decided to 'pursue' Huang...mehehehe (and I still haven't had Vi's path, and I still have some missing CGs but I'm working on them. I have the walkthrough.)
Anyway, I just noticed that every time Huang would take the MC out to a date to the theme park, the bg is the park. Not the theme park that the gang goes to.
And another problem I have is that I'm missing the last CGs on Chase, Lucas, Huang, and Blaze. I've met the required stats since I followed the walkthrough, so I'm just wondering why I didn't go straight to the full ending. So the question is: Do I have to play their paths again to get the last CG/full ending? I can't remember if I went through Dimitri's path twice but I have all of his CGs though. I got his full ending just fine.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT 5/8/13:

Played Chase's path again yesterday from the very beginning. My stats are all 300+, his friendship & love meter are full. Only my love meter wasn't quite full (but more than half, I think) but still no full ending -_- I'm still missing his last CG (along with Lucas, Huang, and Blaze).

And I've finally played through Vi's path.
It was so adorable! I can't imagine what his voice would already be like as he's human but it's really cute :)
Last edited by greenheartnellie on Tue May 07, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

ElegantMist

#169 Post by ElegantMist »

Love the game! The character development was amazing, I felled in love with almost all the characters. Thank you for creating this superb game for us.

LliiraAnna
Regular

#170 Post by LliiraAnna »

I've finished the game today, and though I'm not very much into live simulation, I enjoyed it, mostly because of the characters. I've got Chase's ending (gosh, I should have started to suspect something since MC's «he sure glistens in the sun» remark), now I probably will try out someone else)
Thanks for all the amount of work you've put into this.

Vilhelmina
Regular
Organization: Cassis Connection Studios

#171 Post by Vilhelmina »

Aww. xD My first playthrough just ended. I have to compliment you on the character development; I'm honestly sitting here right now being a bit melancholic that highschool is over... I guess it woke up feelings from back when I graduated. Whoa. xD

I was a major klutz during my first year though; messed up on all my stats and relationships haha! So I didn't get the full ending I wanted, I guess I'll have to go back to do that at some point.
Either way, very nice work on this game! It's one of the most worked-through dating sims I've seen around here :)
Artist/writer by night, MD/PhD student by day
Looking for medical fact checking / advice for your game? PM me!

art gallery: Vilhelmina @ deviantART | Founder of Cassis Connection Studios

stilldebating

#172 Post by stilldebating »

I just downloaded this game today and have fallen completely in love with it. I'm currently on my second playthrough, but I seem to have hit a bit of a problem. I'm pursuing Chase this time around, and for some reason, the Chess club is no longer available. I'm back in school (I believe it's sometime in late September at the moment), and if memory serves, I was able to go to clubs last time at this point in time. It's not a gamebreaker, just kind of annoying. (Is this something unique to the chess club, or is something wrong? Last time I was in Drama Club, so.. not sure.) Is there some way to fix this without starting my file over again? I tried closing and reopening the game, but that didn't do a thing. :/ Other than that, great game! I'm really enjoying it so far.

edit: I think I've found the problem (providing there even was a problem). From where I played through the last time, my fast-forwarding through the game might have messed it up. Not entirely sure, but I went through a week without using that function and the clubs suddenly reappeared. Regardless, it works now! :)

Dawnfire
Regular

#173 Post by Dawnfire »

I have invested a lot of time into this game. The first route was exciting as I collected outfits, worked hard, and got Lucas's ending! It wasn't my favorite, but it was fun. And I have also gotten Chase and Dimitri. But the problem is that after a while, playing this game becomes a real chore and almost a time-waster. The art is pretty good though the CGs are a bit disproportional. And the storyline is pretty fun and very, very well programmed with some clever dialogue and hilarious bits. But after working so hard to get those endings, they felt a little abrupt and not very satisfactory. I wanted them to be longer, to have a little more character development to see the boys change, and definitely more outstretched final scenes since you wait so long for a few short lines of dialogue. So final verdict: I would have loved it to death...if it took half the length of time it requires to get each character.
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Jessie17

#174 Post by Jessie17 »

Omg, games looks interesting, I downloaded it and I played for a couple hours. How come when I want to buy outfits, it doesn't show any images. :(

Hachiko
Regular

#175 Post by Hachiko »

Just like to pop in that I've finished the game today! Really liked the simulation, but felt it was a big too long! o.o I got Lucas' path, and at the end I was surprise there wasn't anything new? :( I mean, you can still talk to him at school when he texted you, but the others (Alice, Naomi etc), you get to meet them after a few years passed by as well. The game felt a taaaad bit too long and kinda exhausted so I don't think I'll try Dimitri's and Chase's path. :P I didn't know you were actually the one who made Frozen Essence! I remember playing it years back and it was great! (although it was, also, kinda long haha xD) It's kinda ironic how I'm kinda playing it now though cuz I also happen to be in my final year of HS. ><

There was also a bug I've found (when you choose to meet Lucas in the end and some of their conversation repeats). I think that's it, though I may be too tired to pay attention to the others. :P Anywho, good job! Hope to see more of your games in the future! ^^

EchoLove
Regular

#176 Post by EchoLove »

I actually loved how long the game was story wise. Regarding gameplay i did feel that there was too much stat building needed to progress in the story but other than that it was an amazing game.

msaishakristine

#177 Post by msaishakristine »

I super love this game! <3

I like how there is a depth story to it.
Very exciting and romantic! <3

Plus incredible art, too!

NeoAngelique
Regular

#178 Post by NeoAngelique »

Definitely going to give it a try! Thanks for the guide!

Sharane
Regular

#179 Post by Sharane »

I enjoyed the "fashion mode"
as I also tried to arrived on a date without clothes :lol: I guessed Chase is vampie and I was curious if I´m right but I chose Lucas for the first time though. He was adorable, I couldn´t help myself :) Then, I got Chase´s ending and then I finally found the guide. So I played it once more, this time with Blaze and I got the full ending. Though he was annoying sometimes and so self-esteem, he had got his "sweet" moments and the end is beautiful :)
About Dimitri - I don´t know why but he seemed like a pervert to me, I didn´t want to even try his path... may be later :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

macaron
Regular

#180 Post by macaron »

I enjoyed playing this game! There is just a thing that I think you could change, the background music.