Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MJDAlleria
Regular

Re: Heartstring Bugs [dating sim, otome] (Guide's up)

#151 Post by MJDAlleria »

I'm having a problem with Lucas' Route.
I'm following what the guide tells me to but I can't get his Full Ending at all.
I have my character stats for his interests Athletics: [above 500], Charm: [around 382]
The Love and Friendship Meter for him were full while my character was nearly full.

Also I have note when I was doing his graduation ending he looped twice.
Is that the cause of my problems?

The requirements were "Needs Graduation cg event and story cycle shady business, love meter nearly full, friendship meter over half, athletics 300, charm 175"

No matter how much I tried it never showed me his last CG Full ending. I really need help. I'm
so frustrated with this problem.
Last edited by MJDAlleria on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yukoneko

#152 Post by yukoneko »

Yep, in general, I love the whole thing regardless multiple errors in script, except for one thing, it's a little bit.....too long for one route?

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#153 Post by VenusEclipse »

@MJDAlleria
Can you send me the save file before the game ends? It's easier for me to see why it's not triggering. Send the save file to my email since I'm not sure if you can attach save files here. i haven't tried.

I assume you're using windows. Save files will be under
C:\Users\REPLACE WITH YOUR COMPUTER NAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy
The folder name is Dating Sim with random numbers. (I never thought about the save file directory name before...)
Each save file is in order.
1-LT1 is the first save slot. 2-LT1 is the second one, etc.

@yukoneko: A lot of people didn't like the length but I'm trying to see how to shorten this length somehow. It's bugging me. xD.
You can always go after multiple ones and choose at the end.

Sorry guys, it's been a while. Even if I didn't answer some of the previous posts here, I've helped those previous problems through other means of communication. If I missed someone, please PM me or post here.

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#154 Post by Anne »

I played the game and I think it's very nice. Blaze is totally cool (or I just share his fashion sense?) and I even ended up liking Vi and the whole alien storyline though I was very sceptical at first.
But - and it seems to be a common problem - I didn't manage to get his full ending - probably becase MC didn't like him as much as I did ^^ - so here comes the question - how can you actually raise her impression to be this high? I think I chose "blush" (that should be the right option?) on all things he did (even the ones I didn't like that much). But he only called her out like 3 times + the story + maybe the talk about the guy seen downtown (I'm not sure if that matters) - so her impression wasn't even half-full to the end of the game...

Dangertyde
Regular
Projects: Anatidae

#155 Post by Dangertyde »

Goodness, where do I begin on how I feel about this game? First of all I want to commend all who had a part in making this game! The quality is superb, and I daresay up to commercial standards. Just a few kinks and typos I found here and there, but other than that, the style and dialogue is nothing to stick a shake at. I mean, uh... Well you get what I mean!
One thing that bothered me as I see it had bothered others is in fact the length of it. On one hand, it's good for me, since it sort of forces me to take breaks and enjoy life as well. Not to say I didn't try finishing it in one sitting. On the other hand, creating the schedule is easy and fun at first, but becomes more tedious and repetitive after you realize you have two more school years ahead of you. it's like high school all over again

Nevertheless, that isn't to say it isn't without merit. I have to give credit to the stories, artwork, and interaction between characters. I love seeing these in games, and was truly amused by the different reactions of everyone.
Such as Chase getting jealous if someone else asks you to be their lab partner. My personal favorite is trying to go on a date in your b-day suit. No shame! Ohohoho
If you'll allow me to spaz out about some characters, this is what I honestly think. When I first saw Chase, I thought, "Haha, no. I'm not going through that route first, because it's too obvious. The most popular/handsome guy falls in love with the plain girl-from-next-door." But he was just too damn charming, dammit. This will sound weird, but whoever drew him did a seriously fine job, and made me feel attached to that guy at first sight. I was supremely disappointed, however, when
he is revealed to be a vampire.
It's just something that I've seen done to death, and it's fairly easy to see which bestselling book it parallels.
I was sort of hoping he was an android programmed with feelings, since he talked about technology from time to time, and basically said he wasn't human. I could feel my heart torn to pieces when he bit MC and drank her blood. That's just me and my personal thoughts however, please don't take offense. I do like the take on it that girls are attracted due to heightened pheremones released from his sweat. Also the fact that it's his sweat that sparkles, and not just his skin for the halibut.
I also have a sort of funny story. I had the MC date Chase and Huang at the same time, so that I could splinter off from one to the other, thus saving me some time of starting over to the beginning.
Well, near the end of Chase's route, you choose whether to pretend to break up with him or really break up. After completing his route, I went back and chose to really break up with him. Right after that, Huang had a fight with bullies, and decided to break it off as well. Thus, the heart breaker becomes the heart broken.
All I could do was alternate between both their profiles, and see the relationship status was "broken up". I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of it all, and felt myself on the verge of shedding manly tears.
It's okay though, since things patched up with Huang later on in the story. I'm still unsure how to pronounce that. I winced and also nearly cried at the bully's mean spirited pun based on his name. So I suppose it sounds similar to 'hang'...

In short, this game was amazing. I've played a few dating sims before, hey, don't look at me like that and this game is arguably one of the best out there, especially being FREE. It is indeed a diamond in the rough; a rarity that stands out on its own. Now, once I gather the courage to replay it in all its lengthy glory, I will go through the routes of Dimitri and Lucas, possibly Blake, too. I don't have the willpower to start over to see what happens when you seclude yourself to being with Vi. Don't get me wrong, I'm intrigued and wonder at the possibilities of what may happen, but again, that length puts a damper on what I can take. Despite that, I was and still am highly enthralled by this game and enjoying myself.
Just gonna strategically place this over here...
Quack!
/CRASH
/hobbles away

Chibichann
Regular

#156 Post by Chibichann »

I had loved your first game frozen essence and i have to admit that u have improved from then alot,in heart string bugs i have played half of the game and i am willingly saying it,it is superb.

KochiyaChii
Regular

#157 Post by KochiyaChii »

Imma play this

seems like a good game
I L I K E P L A Y I N G O T O M E G A M E S
and other games
that's pretty much it

Moonpaw

#158 Post by Moonpaw »

I'm on chase's route right now and i can't get the cg for the halloween night D:
the two bars on "his impression" are full and on "my impression" the top bar is full while the bottom bar is a little over half.
what do i have to do to get the cg?

Anomandaris
Regular

#159 Post by Anomandaris »

@Anne, you have to make sure to go out on dates with him every weekend. Usually the more expensive places (ie: the aquarium/restaurant) are better for raising love impressions. For some reason, the MC's love meter with Blaze was harder to raise than with the others.

@Moonshine it's been a while since I played this, but according to the guide: "Third year: Dating: Halloween night, his meter over half, and him loving you more than the others" Hmm, if his bars are both full I'm not sure why it hasn't shown up yet...unless you're also pursuing another boy somehow, maybe it's a bug?

Moonpaw

#160 Post by Moonpaw »

@Anomandaris i only focused on chase, but since i couldn't get the cg i just went ahead and did someone else's route, but i didn't get that boy's cg either and i have all bar's full D: does the story cycle start before or after halloween? maybe i'm doing something wrong

Anomandaris
Regular

#161 Post by Anomandaris »

The actual story cycle starts in the second half of third year, I think. This is a vague spoiler, so be warned:
Did you meet his parents yet?
It's really weird that you didn't get the Halloween event! Did the girls show up instead of any boys when the incident in the classroom occurs? If Chase still showed up, then perhaps there's some sort of problem with the CG rather than a problem with your statistics. Plus you said that you started the other boy's route *after* Chase didn't show on Halloween, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work...

Moonpaw

#162 Post by Moonpaw »

No i didn't get to meet his parents yet.
during the event Tamara dragged Dimiri to the bathroom with her, and everyone else left: Chase showed up and went to get some desert, then everyone showed back up again and gave me too many drinks chase came back as well and the event ended with the MC having to chug down all the drinks. ...that isn't what's supposed to happen is it?

Anomandaris
Regular

#163 Post by Anomandaris »

Hmm...are you sure you're in third year? That sounds like the second year event...I think that in that event, if I remember correctly, the MC will always wander off by herself and have a certain incident happen. The drink chugging is for a different year.

Moonpaw

#164 Post by Moonpaw »

The third year, as the MC is a Junior? Or the third year of us playing into?
If it's the third year of us playing into, then yeah... i got confused "XD

AeraMillenia

#165 Post by AeraMillenia »

Hi! I downloaded the game,it looks really good! But I just tried shopping,and there's no back button.I'm pretty sure I updated Direct X....And also,about that shift + enter thing,its not coming for me,I don't know why. Could you please help me out?

[Edit]
I got my problem fixed,so no need to bother anymore,great game by the way!
Last edited by AeraMillenia on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.