Magical Boutique

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#121 Post by DaFool »

Ok final is now live.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#122 Post by monele »

So I assume we're going with this one? Uff!... Finally ^^;... Well I'll post the new links here tonight then.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#123 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#124 Post by DaFool »

:D I'm a little disappointed though...my stats don't update like they did last time I seeded O3. Notice the other 1 seed 0 leechers.

By the way, and also this concerns other projects here, Misuzu informed me around April they're trying to set up a visualnews tracker, as well as the usual direct downloads.

That means all your OELVNs can be archived and seeded for eternity!

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#125 Post by musical74 »

I ran into an extremely odd problem when I was trying to save the Captain's men...

I ran out of potion space! I needed 2 potions more to save the captain's men but didn't have the room...ARGH! And I didn't have enough $$$ to by the shelves so.....UGH think given the emergecy that the player should say *let's toss 2 weak heal so we can save the men!* UGH failing because of that....mutter mutter

OUTSIDE of that extremely odd problem, no problems at all. Everything is explaned well, and everything runs smoothly =)

Good job, monele and DaFool =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#126 Post by monele »

*looks at torrents*... *feels his baby going away*

musical74 : oh dear... that one I didn't see coming either ^^;... Thanks for reporting :)
(and darn, that means 1.1 is still not the final version...... *fumes*)

mokenju1
Regular

#127 Post by mokenju1 »

Are you going to upload a new version here?. I downloaded the first version, so the one that I have to download now is the Magical Boutique 1.1?
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"
Unfinished Projects: "Dear Friend, Secret Lover"

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#128 Post by monele »

Sorry, things get a bit confusing, right? ^^;...

As of now, the 1.1 version has gone final and links to it can be found here :
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 5091#25091

There will soon be a website which will always have the latest links. This might help ^^. I will also try to delete any unnecessary files attached to these forums to avoid further confusion.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#129 Post by DaFool »

musical74 wrote:I ran out of potion space! I needed 2 potions more to save the captain's men but didn't have the room...ARGH! And I didn't have enough $$$ to by the shelves so.....UGH think given the emergecy that the player should say *let's toss 2 weak heal so we can save the men!* UGH failing because of that....mutter mutter
I think this type of situation should be allowed to happen as frustrating as it is. You can run out of money, or morale, and not make it as a result.

Glad to see you're still enjoying it, though.

Monele: can I suggest a redesign for 2.0 including the suggestions here? I think it's far better than tweaking this version again and again while the basic content remains the same.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#130 Post by monele »

Do you mean MG2 or MG1 2.0 ?
I don't think I'll really fix this, except maybe update the 1.1 version to 1.2 at some point so that new downloaders get something with less possible errors, at least. But yeah, this is a rare "bug" so I'm not going to churn out a bunch of patches again :).
Btw, did you check the webpage? *tries to remember if he pmed you about it*...

And a side note : I consider musical's problem to be an actual design error. You could say that it could stay as it is, but the point is, it's not *logical*. I try to avoid logical problems. For example, the fact brewers *wasted* ingredients even though there was no room left on the shelves was not logical. Unlogical stuff leads to frustration :).

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#131 Post by DaFool »

monele wrote:maybe update the 1.1 version to 1.2 at some point so that new downloaders get something with less possible errors, at least.
In that case...
When Pom was spying on the Taxcollector, I hadn't yet brewed any Breath of the Just until then. I did an experiment, and in the middle of Pom's spying, I brewed Breath of the Just to activate Framboise's Advertising in Town event. As a result, Framboise says she will go to town to advertise, but the next thing you know she's back from upstairs worried about Pom.

This should logically not happen, but the chances of that happening is very rare.

Another item, typo wether -> whether (forgot which event that was in though, probably one of the later ones...either Taxcollector or Captain's Men.)
Just in case you plan at most a patch or two down the road.
edit: Actually, nevermind patches. Just release full updates if ever.
Although I prefer MagBou 2 instead of Magbou1 2.0

In other news, I overslept a bit...yeah :D

mokenju1
Regular

#132 Post by mokenju1 »

I really love the game . :wink:
The music, the events, the fact that Pom and Framboise gather different things in the same spots.... it reminds me a lot of playing a Prince maker's game (in a good way). The only thing is I get frustated because people wants more and more potions and I'm making my poor employes work as an slaves ( all the characters have their morals negative by now :lol: ) and still isn't enough, but that's the prize I have to pay for having such a succesful shop . I would pay to play this, and that is actually saying a lot. Congratulations, that game shows what kind of "commercial" quality games can talented people create using Ren'Py.
Finished Projects: "Host Love", "The Silent Maiden", "The Worthy Bride" and "The Wandering Child"
Currently working on: "The Smiling Lady", "The intruder","Cassandra's Knight" and "Cinderella's choice"

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#133 Post by monele »

DaFool : Haha, yet another magical happening XD... Yeah, this makes me seriously think I should just add some "isAvailable" function that will make all possible checks to see if a character *can* appear during an event. I'm noting that down, thanks :)
Typos fixed too.
Although I prefer MagBou 2 instead of Magbou1 2.0
I was really just asking what you meant :). I don't think there would be a MagBou1 2.0.
In other news, I overslept a bit...yeah
In other news, I think I'm sick :(...

mokenju1 : Nyaa~ Thank you ^.^... And see, that's the best part of it: it's free :D. I'm just even more convinced it's the way to go ^.^.
Now though, what you said about slaving your little people makes me worried ^^;... how many days spent so far? How much global reputation? (upper right corner number)

mokenju1
Regular

#134 Post by mokenju1 »

84 days, 20.0 reputation. But shortly after that I had to change the strategy because Pom wasn't very cooperative anymore (only because his moral was under -30, that people don't know how to work under pressure :lol:). So I ended up closing the shop and leting that bunch of lazy people rest for weeks, and my reputation fell to the ground :cry: .

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#135 Post by monele »

Mmm... well now you should be able to rebuild without too much problem since your people should have gained much experience ... I think ^^;...
Just to be sure : what's Framb's level in gathering?