Magical Boutique

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

Re: Magical Boutique

#256 Post by carosene »

Hello!
I loved this game! :O Sooo good! It's soo fun! :D

Anyway, I also had the marketplace crash thing. :\ I was wondering if that's been fixed...
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#257 Post by monele »

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And nope, I have been extremely lazy about fixing this, but this new reminder might be the push I need to finally get a look into it ^^;

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#258 Post by monele »

What do you know, it worked!

It was in fact a very old bug that only got picked up by Ren'Py in the newer versions.

Windows : http://monele.eviscerate.net/magbou1.3.1.zip
Linux : http://monele.eviscerate.net/magbou1.3. ... 86.tar.bz2
Mac : http://monele.eviscerate.net/magbou1.3.1-mac.zip

Sorry for the wait guys! (also, this *should* work even on older saves)

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#259 Post by carosene »

Yay! Thank you so much! :D I'll download it right away!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Kelenas

#260 Post by Kelenas »

Played it through today; it's a very nice and fun little game, and I liked the light-hearted tone of it very much. I certainly wouldn't mind if there was to be a more expansive sequel, perhaps with a few more characters (another gatherer like Framboise would've been quite useful at times, or perhaps an assistant who watches the shop so the MC can focus on potion-brewing exclusively).
I also wouldn't mind if the MC got a picture like Pom or Fram; the simple black silouette was a bit weird, to be honest.

All in all, I really liked the game, especially the peaceful atmosphere, and hope that there will be a sequel in the future. :)

- Kelenas

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#261 Post by monele »

Thank you! :D
I'm glad that it still gets played and enjoyed ^.^

If there ever happens to be a similar sequel, there will definitely be more employees (I have a few characters in stock). Dalmaryon (the MC) will also stop being a faceless person. He's been designed since then :)

As for the sequel itself..... I'll stay on the "maybe, maybe not" stance for now. I'm still working on the MagBou universe among other things, and I would love to end up doing something new with it, but my heart isn't set on anything yet. It might not be the same type of game... it might not even be a game. Time will tell. Thanks for your support!

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#262 Post by usul »

Is it just me or are the links on page one (post one and two) down (for linux at least)?
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#263 Post by monele »

Try this?

http://monele.eviscerate.net/magbou/

EDIT : also, I fixed the first post pictures too. Meh, it's so old ^^;

Eliont
Regular
Completed: Begin of Evangelion, SAO - Smile of the black cat, SAO - Project "Ceramic Heart", Time for Dragons

#264 Post by Eliont »

Hello!
I am from Russia.

Magical Boutique - excellent game, but no all know English at a sufficient level.
Please, may you give me game sources for translate?
I promise, no copirights be changed.
My e-mail eliont@sibnet.ru
I download game from RenPy base about three months ago and now decide to ask scripts.

In Russian:
Здравствуйте. Мне очень понравилась игра, но не все (в частности, моя сестра) знают английский язык на достаточном для общения и нгр уровне. Пожалуйста, вы можете дать мне исходники для перевода? Обещаю что все права будут сохранены.
P.S. Я сам программист. А конкретно на RenPy - 1) SimDate/Rpg/TBS (в разработке) 2) Перевод манги( ui.text поверх картинки) 3) Лабораторные по моделированию случайных процессов ( во согрупники и учитель прифигели (удивились) )

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#265 Post by monele »

Hey there!

Sorry for the late reply but I procrastinated at first and then got sick for about 2 weeks, on and off.

We (that is DaFool and myself) are flattered that you would like to translate the game. Here is the updated source for the game :

http://monele.eviscerate.net/magbou_source_131.zip

A few reminders :

- The game was open-sourced way back then, a few months after release if I recall correctly. It's only fair that an update on the source files was done... now it is!
- The art, music and other medias are not open source and copyrights remain to their respective authors.
- Same thing for the story, characters and setting.
- Since it has come up, I'll declare that translations are wholly authorized. Just keep us informed :)

Good luck on this project and let us know how it goes!

#266 Post by Guest »

An iphone port of this game would be really nice. The type of game will suit the system well.
This game is even much older than the App Store. If only the creators weren't too busy. Let's hope it will remain a free app.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#267 Post by monele »

Hello!
I have no idea how I would even start coding this on the iPhone ^^;... and I don't think I'd get into such a task to be honest... As for staying free, I don't see why not, especially with the code source released and all :)

stellacisem
Regular

#268 Post by stellacisem »

hiya! I downloaded this game, like, a while ago and I finished it just now. This game is definitely on my favorite VNs list. The only thing I can say other then this game is awesome kind of comment is that the ending was open.
You know that Framboise and Pon is coming back, you don't know how well they'll become, there are many possibilities on finding something from your grannies things like new recipe etc... I absolutely loved this open ending, in which is a surprise to me since I usually go way into hating them but this isn't what I was going to say. I was going to suggest that in the very end of the game before the part where 'game made using Ren'py etc' comes in, you could put in a panel on which said "5 years later" and it showed the dialogue between the owner of the shop, Framboise and Pon in which the player would definitely enjoy because of the silliness they blurb and the way they would tease the owner of the shop, like "I'm definitely better than you in creating potions!" or "If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't get any necessary item from around, granny!" kind of silly dialogues. That's if you really want to turn back into working on this project again, which I assume you don't plan to any time soon XD I wrote this just to add in my own ideas, so no freaking out of this 'quest' :D
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#269 Post by monele »

Hi there!

I'm really glad you think of this as a favorite! Brings a smile to my face :)
You might be the only one who liked the open-endedness of the ending :). Most people thought it just cut too short.
Your example of "what happens after the main story" is definitely something I love in stories and I would have added it IF I was sure everything had been said and done about MagBou. But at the time I was quite hyped about starting the sequel. And to be honest, I *still* can't quite shake the idea off ^^;... Thus, things are left up in the air to leave room for a possible follow-up.

Now I just really hope I'll find the will, ideas and time to get on with that someday!

stellacisem
Regular

#270 Post by stellacisem »

monele wrote:Hi there!

I'm really glad you think of this as a favorite! Brings a smile to my face :)
You might be the only one who liked the open-endedness of the ending :). Most people thought it just cut too short.
Your example of "what happens after the main story" is definitely something I love in stories and I would have added it IF I was sure everything had been said and done about MagBou. But at the time I was quite hyped about starting the sequel. And to be honest, I *still* can't quite shake the idea off ^^;... Thus, things are left up in the air to leave room for a possible follow-up.

Now I just really hope I'll find the will, ideas and time to get on with that someday!
Oh, I understand what you mean. I wish you the will, ideas and time(copy&paste, hehe ^^; )for that possible follow-up then! :D
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.