OTChi Kocchi Act I [BxG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
JimG
Regular

Re: OTChi Kocchi Act I [BxG]

#16 Post by JimG »

[quote]Thank you, as well! If you don't mind me shamelessly ripping you off, I'd like to have Aris say something like that in her arc. Maybe:/quote]

That would be great! Aris is the first path I chose to follow. I have played through the other three and I must say you will have your work cut out for you as all of the story lines look like they could be very lengthy. Maybe you could try to release it in two parts or do an add on. Aoi didn't seem to fit with the other three characters but that just adds to the underlying weirdness. Keep up the good work, I think you will have a real winner with this story. The nurse is my fantasy number 427.

Best Regards
Jim

whatle02
Regular
Projects: OTChi Kocchi
Organization: 3-AR Studios

#17 Post by whatle02 »

JimG wrote: The nurse is my fantasy number 427.

There is actually going to be a spin-off game called Naughty Nurse Naruko, or N^3. She will be....who she is in that game. :lol:

2_COLORED.png

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#18 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I just downloaded and played a bit, hm, what to say ? Boring, maybe, because I don't really into slice of life/romance genre. Well, I'll list my thoughts until now.

Positive
1. Nice looking art and coloring.
2. Seems a pretty long story.
other than that, I have no idea. Sorry

Negative
1. Inconsistencies sprites. They are not in the same "standard" size, it's looking weird and rather distracted.
2. The premise is quite common
3. Lack of GUI customization (other than textbox)

Is there any walkthrough, and estimated time to read this ? I hate to trial error all the options just to finish all routes. At least please provide how to reach certain someone's path.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Clayton Barnett
Regular
Projects: OKaverse VNs
Organization: 3-AR Studios LLC

#19 Post by Clayton Barnett »

Greetings, and thanks for your review. As the writer, I'm aware that it's a bit long at 23,000 words, but that's down from 30,000! The more I wrote about these characters, the more interested in them I became. Eventually Will, the illustrator, threatened to walk unless I stopped.

This is also just Act I of a larger project; each woman has her own path of what's shaping up to be about four more acts each. I've the plot notes done for Atti & Rimu, and have made a start on Aris.

tiya_nofurita wrote:2. Seems a pretty long story.
I agree. I shall try to edit better, and more sober, for the final release.
tiya_nofurita wrote:2. The premise is quite common.
We intend for this to eventually be a commercial release. This is our first release, and when we looked at what sold, it was this kind of story. QED. However, 3-AR Studios is also working on several other VN's, some related to OTChi Kocchi, some not, that are quite different.
tiya_nofurita wrote:3. Lack of GUI customization (other than textbox).
I agree. I wrote the script in a month. Then, while Will worked on the drawings, I had to teach myself RenPy from scratch. I've never written code before in my life. Eight weeks later, we'd a game that ran, and I take great pride in that (and stand in awe at PyTom's creation). Could I have done more? Not with our release date of 4 January. But, with the basics now under my belt, I am hoping to make very significant improvements and additions for the complete release.
tiya_nofurita wrote:Is there any walkthrough, and estimated time to read this ? I hate to trial error all the options just to finish all routes. At least please provide how to reach certain someone's path.
I'll PM you a flowchart... it's all I have. There is, obviously, an internal points system tracking with whom you hang out and how you act. That determines who's "available" at the end. Note that for the complete version, you'll be able to pick anyone at the end of Act I; but, what ever "relationship points" you have will carry over into that woman's arc. Going into Aris' path with 0 or +1 will get you very dead, very fast!

Again, thank you for taking time to review our VN. This is after all a forum for all of us developers, and I welcome the information.

JimG
Regular

#20 Post by JimG »

We intend for this to eventually be a commercial release. This is our first release, and when we looked at what sold, it was this kind of story. QED. However, 3-AR Studios is also working on several other VN's, some related to OTChi Kocchi, some not, that are quite different.

I am anticipating that you will be very successful and that you will have something for me to buy this year. Here's hoping OTChi Kocchi will spawn a very long lived franchise for 3-AR Studios (especially Nurse Naruko :D ).

Best Regards
Jim

Mistik
Regular

#21 Post by Mistik »

I played through the game and got the Atti ending. What can I say, I’m a sucker for blue hair. At first Rimu was annoying, but started to get endearing. Even though it has the fantasy elements of all the girls loving you, the characters had this sense of realism. I’ve never played a visual novel before were one of the girls had a “young” child. Also the fact that some of the people in the game are not professionals or rich, It is more relatable.

The plot felt a bit slow, would have loved to see a hook to push me to keep clicking in the beginning. I know I will probably see conflict in the future chapters.

The drawings while amateurish were pretty good and detailed. There was also a good many variations of the characters. Kudos to the artist, I can see their dedication to their craft in this work. What was done to the backgrounds helped it fit more with the anime look.
My favorite piece of art was the one where Atti was at your door and you were looking down at her.

Oh god, the music made me fall asleep and miss a good part of my Saturday :( :( :( There were a lot of sound effects, and the effort did help with immersion.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#22 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Clayton Barnett wrote:Greetings, and thanks for your review. As the writer, I'm aware that it's a bit long at 23,000 words, but that's down from 30,000! The more I wrote about these characters, the more interested in them I became. Eventually Will, the illustrator, threatened to walk unless I stopped.
Hmmm....Now that I've finished it (not all routes, to be honest), this demo(?) is not as long as I thought to be.
Clayton Barnett wrote: This is also just Act I of a larger project; each woman has her own path of what's shaping up to be about four more acts each. I've the plot notes done for Atti & Rimu, and have made a start on Aris.
Oh. Good luck then.
Clayton Barnett wrote: We intend for this to eventually be a commercial release. This is our first release, and when we looked at what sold, it was this kind of story. QED. However, 3-AR Studios is also working on several other VN's, some related to OTChi Kocchi, some not, that are quite different.
No offense, but, if you really want to go commercial, I think this kind of story is too common. Indeed, BxG market is pretty promising and on high demand. Point plus if you could provide a H-scene. How should I put it...I can't be more specific, but I've seen many amateur's work (on the other word, non-commercial) like this. Perhaps you can add another "point plus" to make the story is worth to buy.
The graphic on the other hand, while it's good looking and nice coloring, IMHO it couldn't pass as commercial quality. Sorry for being so blunt, I just think that way. Try to improve this aspect too !
Clayton Barnett wrote: I wrote the script in a month. Then, while Will worked on the drawings, I had to teach myself RenPy from scratch. I've never written code before in my life. Eight weeks later, we'd a game that ran, and I take great pride in that (and stand in awe at PyTom's creation). Could I have done more? Not with our release date of 4 January. But, with the basics now under my belt, I am hoping to make very significant improvements and additions for the complete release.
Good luck. It shouldn't be too hard to get familiar with Ren'Py
Clayton Barnett wrote: I'll PM you a flowchart... it's all I have. There is, obviously, an internal points system tracking with whom you hang out and how you act. That determines who's "available" at the end. Note that for the complete version, you'll be able to pick anyone at the end of Act I; but, what ever "relationship points" you have will carry over into that woman's arc. Going into Aris' path with 0 or +1 will get you very dead, very fast!
Thanks, I've received your PM, and I appreciate that much.
WHY SHOULD I DEAD IF I DON'T CHOOSE ANY OF THEM. Kinda...wtf
Clayton Barnett wrote: Again, thank you for taking time to review our VN. This is after all a forum for all of us developers, and I welcome the information.
You're welcome.

One question again, why do you choose the setting on a Pharmacy Departement? Do you have any background on this field ? Haha, just curious.
i'm hopeless on this topic so please don't ask !
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by philip »

Hi! I've played through the story several times and reached an ending for each of the characters. I enjoyed it very much - I will leave the nit-picking and "constructive criticism" to others. Good job! Am looking forward to the next release- I want MORE!!!

Karl_C
Veteran

#24 Post by Karl_C »

The link to the Linux file is broken (404 Page Not Found)... ;)

whatle02
Regular
Projects: OTChi Kocchi
Organization: 3-AR Studios

#25 Post by whatle02 »

Karl_C wrote:The link to the Linux file is broken (404 Page Not Found)... ;)

The Linux link has been fixed. Apologies. We've had some issues getting that uploaded to our host site.

Karl_C
Veteran

#26 Post by Karl_C »

whatle02 wrote:
Karl_C wrote:The link to the Linux file is broken (404 Page Not Found)... ;)

The Linux link has been fixed. Apologies. We've had some issues getting that uploaded to our host site.
Thank you! ;)