Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Technicolour
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#91 Post by Technicolour » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 am

Oh gosh, this was really a fun game! Playing through all the non-main routes (Okay... I missed one) and discovering all the little hints and secrets... it was very intriguing :3 Especially when everything was coming together in the main route!

All in all, thank you for making this marvelous game and sharing it with us! I enjoyed it immensely :D

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4078
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#92 Post by azureXtwilight » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:53 am

eumumii wrote:Just finished the game, here are my thoughts.
I've suffered from depression for as long as I can remember no pills were helping nor did I give people the chance to help me much simply because I was afraid of getting hurt. So games in general were my escape of reality where I can do whatever I want changing the outcome however I like. But playing this game, seeing everyone's perspective what everyone believed was the right thing to do to obtain happiness, how what seemed so right turns out to be so wrong. It sincerely made me think up to all what I've had to deal with and I didn't really see the whole big picture, I don't know If I'm making any sense but that's what's rambling through my mind right now. Genuinely speaking, I hadn't felt at ease like this since a very long time ago. You're game here might have cured me a bit and encouraged me to seek actual help. I can't thank you enough. That's a masterpiece you have here.
Thank you very much. I'm very sorry for what happened to you, and I'm really grateful that what I did has made a change in someone's life. I wish you all the best.
Image

MidoriNeko733
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:15 am
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#93 Post by MidoriNeko733 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 am

I know there is a mac version but how do I download it. I saw your instruction but don't understand. New with a mac. :oops: Please help

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4078
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#94 Post by azureXtwilight » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 am

MidoriNeko733 wrote:I know there is a mac version but how do I download it. I saw your instruction but don't understand. New with a mac. :oops: Please help
http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2011/01 ... r-mac.html
Image

User avatar
Starwulfen
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 am
Projects: Project PeGASuS, Destiny's Spire, The Dragon Call
Organization: Mist Fables
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#95 Post by Starwulfen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 am

As someone who is a huge wimp isn't really a huge fan of blood/gore/being scared, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this.

I was wrong, thankfully

The mystery has drawn me in, and I love how each playthrough reveals more to you about the characters, and what's going on.

So yeah, I'm enjoying it. 7 endings in so far (1 for Lee, 4 for Raphael, 2 for Clifford)
Work in Progress - Destiny's Spire
NaNoRenO 2013 - The Dragon Call

User avatar
Aines445
Regular
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: The Land of Wonderzzzz
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#96 Post by Aines445 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 am

Well, I got endings with Lee, Raphael, Blake, and Clifford. Damn, I shouldn't have told myself to expect the unexpected, I ended up guessing some plot twists right XD. I liked the story, and the whole doppelganger thing, pretty cool. But the CGs.....to be honest.......
I'm dissapointed...I think they could've all been better (I think the CGs from Fanatasia Requiem of the Abyss were better O.O). The sprites were good though, so I'll let it slide (I wasn't too affected by the art in a game anyway.
But lol, when I played the demo I was like "Oh Lee is nice, so I'll not go for him when I play the whole game", but when I was warned of plot twists, I instantly was like "Lee is evil!! I'll still not go for him anyways! XD". Damn that yandere bastard XD, but I guess the whole Lee family is pretty much crazy XD.
By the way, I seriously could've liked other characters, but I just seriously lliked that shady guy (to not say his name) the most XD.
Me in one of Raphaels endings "MARSHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!" XD I literally said it out loud
The doppelgangers themselves were pretty fun too and the plot's really well-made, I just came prepared XD (I'm too character-driven to really criticize the plot better, I'm sorry). Besides, I haven't played the main route, so I haven't seen the worse.

Bring it on, I tell you, BRING IT ON XD.

User avatar
DiamondRoseTears
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#97 Post by DiamondRoseTears » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

OH MY GOD I really can't believe it's finished!!!
I already have had all Yuri's and Raphael's ends!!!
And now I'll go for Lee's (even though I dislike him) Just to unlock the other paths!!

Is their a path for Marshell???
Oh I wish there is one!!!!!

You and the memento mori productions!
Did an awesome work with this!!!
Really!! Well done! The art the themes!
The whole story is WOW.
Even though some scenes changes really quick, or without "unannouncing it" but still!!!
I am speechless!
Really really thank you!
D. for: Diamond
R. for: Rose
T. for: Tears


That's what is going to happen if you make a rose made of diamond cry!!

My cover of Winter Blossom by Aoi Shouta (Ai Mikaze, Utapri)
Please listen <3



Co-writer ~ Seasons of Love

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4078
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#98 Post by azureXtwilight » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks for all the comments but there's something I am wondering. The CGs from the fantasia games is better how? I don't get it. Sure I get lazy in some of the CGs, and there are some anatomical problems, but overall... I think it's better than fantasia's messy art.
DiamondRoseTears wrote:OH MY GOD I really can't believe it's finished!!!
I already have had all Yuri's and Raphael's ends!!!
And now I'll go for Lee's (even though I dislike him) Just to unlock the other paths!!

Is their a path for Marshell???
Oh I wish there is one!!!!!

You and the memento mori productions!
Did an awesome work with this!!!
Really!! Well done! The art the themes!
The whole story is WOW.
Even though some scenes changes really quick, or without "unannouncing it" but still!!!
I am speechless!
Really really thank you!
Horray! Yes, I think it's a bit too fast-paced. I'll try to fix those pace when I do another visual novel next time.
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#99 Post by teacup » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 pm

I disagree about the CGs. The art for Doppelganger is a huge improvement over Fantasia. Sure, there are still anatomy problems in the CGs, but they are far better than Fantasia in the coloring and the composition.
Anyway, I'm slowly playing through this when I can find free time. I've only gotten one ending so far, but I can't wait to solve all the mysteries. Congrats on completing such a huge game! :)
Image

nancie
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#100 Post by nancie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:50 pm

teacup wrote:I disagree about the CGs. The art for Doppelganger is a huge improvement over Fantasia. :)

I totally agree :wink:

User avatar
Aines445
Regular
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: The Land of Wonderzzzz
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#101 Post by Aines445 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm

azureXtwilight wrote:Thanks for all the comments but there's something I am wondering. The CGs from the fantasia games is better how? I don't get it.
NOT THE FIRST ONE I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT. I was saying the second, I really remember that compared to the ones in the first, were nice (In general). But then I kinda look at Doppelganger's and I can only say a few are nice, but don't really worry about that!! Besides the other things like sprite art are great and I liked it anyway ^-^, it was an awesome game! And really, because of that, I felt really bad because I wasn't saying that it was horrendous and that I didn't LIKE it, because the game is great (and big) so I even got the other games again (My computer had some problems and they kinda got deleted in the process) to make sure I was correct. (Even with that, I kinda still do feel the same way) But yeah, I was stating my opinion, and most likely others don't feel the same way.
but they are far better than Fantasia in the coloring and the composition.
I do agree with that one, The coloration and composition of doppelganger is way better.

The game is really good though, so no worries! ^-^

try10
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#102 Post by try10 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:04 pm

I am so glad that this game was finally released. You worked so hard on it and it turned out to be a masterpiece!

When I started playing in and I finished one of the endings I was like O.o
I NEVER THOUGHT THAT LEE COULD BE SO TWISTED! I was seriously shocked. I started hating him behaviour after Lucia protected him and she became unable to walk anymore. She just threw her away just like a rag even if she sacrificed herself for him. I was practically crying when he told her that she is useless. After finishing more endings I got even more confused and I kept thinking : "Who is the real bad guy?" "Why is everyone so insane?" "Hey, I thought that was the good guy!" The plot was CRAZY and I loved it! The fact that finishing a ending would unlock other paths was awesome! That way I was able to see the events from different perspectives and to understand the characters better. At first I hated what most of them did, but after goind through other routes I could understand why everyone became like that or did the things they did. I really loved the way that you made the pairings and gave flashbacks from when they were young to explain why they should be together. ( Yuri and Jun XD, Shuang and Clifford)AHHH, Lucia and Neo are so suited for each other. I never expected him to be canon. ( I thought that it was Lee or something. :D) The ending surprised me quite a bit when Chunxiang woke up and started acting like that. I thought that lewd and evil butler was the mastermind. ( well, he was) but, still Chun knew everything so that kind of makes her like the final boss. I loved the fact that even in the last moment I never knew who the enemy really was. ( First I thought it was poor Marshall, then Shuang, and then the CRAZY doppel butler Zhuang). Your art improved very much and the characters were really nicely done. The sountrack is pure awesomeness! I really want it in mp3 formats so I could listen to it!!! BADASS, sounds!!! The menu, the writing style the CGS ( SO MANY?! How did you do it? That really took lots of time.) everything was beautiful!!!
:) I still have 4 ??? routes in End of the inverted sould that I plan to finish when I have the time. ;)

I want to thank again to Azure and to everybody that helped with this project. You did a great job guys and I enjoyed every minute of it! I hope that in the future you will continue making people happy with your games. :D

kialaa
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:02 pm
Projects: Chronophobia
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#103 Post by kialaa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:47 pm

So I played this all day yesterday. There were a lot of little errors in the story but they were nothing too distracting. Honestly I found the story entertaining without a doubt but it was still predictable to me. The only area where I really didn't expect the end was well with the denouncement path. It's funny my favorite character in the demo was still my favorite in the story, Blake. The only character that my opinion of them dramatically changed was with Yuri. I originally actually liked him, I'm so weird I know, but by the end I kinda found him extremely annoying. Again, I really think that's just my personal preference making me find him annoying. Overall I really enjoyed the game the plot was different than normal. It was also a great time consumer. I mean I really spent all day playing it and still haven't done every path. The art I agree with Anies445 some of the Cgs we're nice but most had a lot of errors that just ook away from them so most we're meh to me. Also I was looking through the gallery there are a few really random pictures near the end. o.o
Image

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4078
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#104 Post by azureXtwilight » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

try10 wrote:I am so glad that this game was finally released. You worked so hard on it and it turned out to be a masterpiece!

When I started playing in and I finished one of the endings I was like O.o
I NEVER THOUGHT THAT LEE COULD BE SO TWISTED! I was seriously shocked. I started hating him behaviour after Lucia protected him and she became unable to walk anymore. She just threw her away just like a rag even if she sacrificed herself for him. I was practically crying when he told her that she is useless. After finishing more endings I got even more confused and I kept thinking : "Who is the real bad guy?" "Why is everyone so insane?" "Hey, I thought that was the good guy!" The plot was CRAZY and I loved it! The fact that finishing a ending would unlock other paths was awesome! That way I was able to see the events from different perspectives and to understand the characters better. At first I hated what most of them did, but after goind through other routes I could understand why everyone became like that or did the things they did. I really loved the way that you made the pairings and gave flashbacks from when they were young to explain why they should be together. ( Yuri and Jun XD, Shuang and Clifford)AHHH, Lucia and Neo are so suited for each other. I never expected him to be canon. ( I thought that it was Lee or something. :D) The ending surprised me quite a bit when Chunxiang woke up and started acting like that. I thought that lewd and evil butler was the mastermind. ( well, he was) but, still Chun knew everything so that kind of makes her like the final boss. I loved the fact that even in the last moment I never knew who the enemy really was. ( First I thought it was poor Marshall, then Shuang, and then the CRAZY doppel butler Zhuang). Your art improved very much and the characters were really nicely done. The sountrack is pure awesomeness! I really want it in mp3 formats so I could listen to it!!! BADASS, sounds!!! The menu, the writing style the CGS ( SO MANY?! How did you do it? That really took lots of time.) everything was beautiful!!!
:) I still have 4 ??? routes in End of the inverted sould that I plan to finish when I have the time. ;)

I want to thank again to Azure and to everybody that helped with this project. You did a great job guys and I enjoyed every minute of it! I hope that in the future you will continue making people happy with your games. :D
Thanks a lot! I got mixed review, but in the end I think I wasn't even trying to make a GxBs. There's a lot of those already wandering around in the forums, so I am thinking of making something different. Heavily story-based and all. Again, thank you for playing and giving this free game a chance.
kialaa wrote:So I played this all day yesterday. There were a lot of little errors in the story but they were nothing too distracting. Honestly I found the story entertaining without a doubt but it was still predictable to me. The only area where I really didn't expect the end was well with the denouncement path. It's funny my favorite character in the demo was still my favorite in the story, Blake. The only character that my opinion of them dramatically changed was with Yuri. I originally actually liked him, I'm so weird I know, but by the end I kinda found him extremely annoying. Again, I really think that's just my personal preference making me find him annoying. Overall I really enjoyed the game the plot was different than normal. It was also a great time consumer. I mean I really spent all day playing it and still haven't done every path. The art I agree with Anies445 some of the Cgs we're nice but most had a lot of errors that just ook away from them so most we're meh to me. Also I was looking through the gallery there are a few really random pictures near the end. o.o
Thanks for at least spending your time playing. I guess I don't really put as much effort in the art since I'm basically a one-man person and no one's paying me for this, so yeah. The random pictures are actually bonus pictures for this game I have commissioned from other people. Might as well share it with you guys.
Image

User avatar
Snowjoker
Regular
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 am
Completed: None =0
Projects: EX-Terminators[RPG/VN Hybrid]
Location: Behind you~
Contact:

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#105 Post by Snowjoker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:45 am

Hmm…well, I am a bit bored and I guess since I have some free time, there’s no harm in writing a short review. Now, there’s spoilers ahead so obviously I’ll try to keep that all in my white little box in case you do not wish to see it.
(And this is my first/second post since I figured I needed to leave something behind after playing such an amazing game)
First of all, I usually don’t write reviews since it’s time consuming and I’m a busy person but then again, this was one of the games that really caught my eyes and therefore, I wanted to give a little something in return (sounds repetitive, my bad). Beginning with the setting and over plot—it’s really unique and pretty well designed as a whole.
(spoilers ahead, read for entertainment or at your own risks~)
Plot:
I will confess and say I haven’t played through all of Clifford’s ending and missing a couple here and there but I finished the end of the inverted souls which I think contains the most truth information wise (Sorry if that’s incorrect but this is all based on my opinions).
First off, the plot was presented in a way that does not give away too much for one to totally guess the entire reason behind doppelgangers and etc. I think that was what made me kept reading on the first play through. It wasn’t boring because so much happens that you’re caught up wondering how everything even got to that point in the first place. An example I can give is one that’s pretty early but in Ralph’s play through, we meet Mr. ??? and in Ralph’s general plot, we get to view him as a villain. But then again, we’re intertwining in the fact that he has a reason to steal Ralph’s laptop and then, there’s also the fact that in one of Ralph’s ending, Mr. ?? hints that he was one of the ones who knew the truth. This brings up a good deal of curiosity that kept me going into the next play through with Lee and Clifford’s path. In both paths, you get more into detail about not only how different the two characters are in comparison to their outside appearance but we also further advance the doppelganger part. All at the same time, we must keep in mind that this is showing another’s perspective, a much more wider one compare to Ralph’s. In Ralph’s, we were stuck being allied with the doppelgangers but also kept in the dark about everything and technically, we just trusted those that were considered ‘allies’ (*cough* Zhuang *cough*).
Now, Clifford’s ending with Shuang was really eye opening. This shows that not only was there some manipulation on the butler’s part (somewhat suspected this by the one) but that there’s also something deeper behind each character and their motives besides what meets the eye. Simple example (if I may give one since this is turning out pretty long), Shuang herself is truly a pure girl but not only that, she didn’t even realize that what she had thought was ‘happiness’ was actually making people miserable.
Next up, we follow into Yuri’s path, it’s a separate one entirely but also focusing on a different side of the plot. Now, we turn our attention to Yuri and Jun which was written very well that it did give me more information on what the heck was going on with those guys since they were barely seen in the other paths before (Yuri suddenly dying did make me raise an eyebrow and wonder how the heck did that even happen).
I’m trying to be short but this isn’t working so I’ll go to Blake’s path which was like a transition to another character’s path which was pretty unexpected. Let’s face it, if one plays this game without jumping around too much, you start to see that Mr. ??? isn’t really as bad of a guy as he seems. In each of the paths, he seems to get to be a little less suspicious (especially Yuri’s when we meet with Nia) and it soon becomes so that you do get to know more but still wonder about this guy.
So in the end, the best way to tie everything together done very well with the other ending paths (or true endings but to me, there was only one that was considered 100% resolved). The ending tied together everyone’s problems very nicely and also not only that, but you still gave Lucia another entirely different romance guy (Neo). Now, I’m not trying to focus too much on characters but since they are the ones who help create a plot, I will say that having Neo as a partner with Lucia not only opened up more opportunities for new problems and plot in general but it also helped us get a sense of the bigger picture about doppelgangers (after all, this guy is the one that knows the most about them, correct?). His reports may seem unimportant at first but more of less very much necessary if we wanted to get a better picture on how the past and present connected. This was a very nicely done story in the way that it resolves everything by the ending, including finally having all the characters and their problems exposed and solved all in one route and finally, we have the best duo partnership of Neo and Lucia.

Now to characters, we’re already at the TL;DR part but keep going if you feel like it or too bored to do anything else. First of all, they were all very 3-Dimensional and readers are able to get a sense of how each of their personalities differs from each other.

Lucia: Well developed heroine who does change over time in accordance to the story, she’s unique in general but somehow, I can’t really pinpoint her with one trait. Her interactions with everyone seems more or less the same and then again, it is good to keep constant. It seems that in most of the routes, she’s just there to help like all the others while also dealing with her own problems. For some reason, I see that her character seems to be reflected better through her interactions with other people. It shows more about how she acts as a person and how she is able to deal with things such as Ralph’s death and etc when she talks to the other characters. Maybe I’m being a bit biased here but I always thought she seemed to have more attitude when it was with Neo. Perhaps it’s their little talks and clashes that make her seem more developed but maybe that’s just me.

Lee: Very interesting guy who’s probably just a bit messed up because of his childhood. I won’t blame him either seeing how he was literally tortured almost to the point of death every night because of ‘training’ but his morals are also a bit messed up. He’s someone who tries to be perfect and nice on the outside but the fact is that his way of looking at people sure gets you thinking a lot about what his true self is like on the inside. In all of his endings, I feel like there’s never truly a happily ever after which is again, I suspect, a reflection on just how twisted this guy is.

Blake: He’s too typical for my liking because he’s that innocent type of guy. His route was one of those where I thought he was a good guy but it never really made me feel anything else towards him. All I thought was that I was sorry for the guy to be pulled into all this mess when he was just trying to write and sing music. Although, interestingly enough, he’s one of those characters who actually didn’t technically do anything wrong but without meaning to, he made Rico hate him because Anastasia liked Blake and what did Blake know? ---nothing, which is actually a part of his character I guess. Even in the true route, he’s not too involved which just goes to show how much of a ‘normal’ guy he is and how selfless he is compare to all the others.

Clifford: His doppelganger chose a very… interesting route to go when he took over clifford’s body. The guy was definitely not the suspicious man that one might think at first sight. It’s very interesting how he doesn’t have any deep dark secret behind him but just that he wanted to be with a girl who he fell in love with. He’s definitely not a bad person although in some routes, I feel like he’s just there but then again, I guess that’s technically true since he does help Lucia with her problems sometimes.
Note: I didn’t play through all his endings so my review is definitely not too accurate or complete on Clifford.

Yuri: Wow, this guy was definitely not your average delinquent and that actually makes it good, it shows we’re all still human even if we try to put on a tough front. As it shows, he just needed someone to understand him and he’s actually a pretty likable guy when you get past the part where you think he’s a jerk. I felt that he was unique in the sense that he’s definitely someone you can’t judge at first appearance. (Then again, we could also argue all the others characters are the same way, maybe?).

I’m trying to shorten this so moving on to…
Ralph: Sorry but even though I know he does things for his family, I felt there was always something evil underneath him. Even though the other characters, I could like them even with their wishes, Ralph just pissed me in all the wrong ways. I felt like this guy was the true coward who just couldn’t take another path in life. Although, considering the fact that he was pretty much broken after his leg injury, I will still argue that he really didn’t seem to want to be good in the first place from what I’ve seen. So yeah…I understand his motives and as a character, he’s very well written but as for liking him, not so much. He’s even worse than Lee since at least that guy does turn to the good side for the girl he loves.
Jun: Great friend to Lucia and great supporting/main character. She also has a well-developed relationship with Yuri which helps her role of not being just a best friend type of character. She’s strong and has her own problems to deal with but at the same time, you can understand that she’s also looking out for her friends. What else can I say? She’s definitely a kick-ass girl and probably the best ‘friend’ type of character in the game.

Okay…I did plan to go over the other side characters like Nia, Niel, and even the parents and Arthur (as well as Rico, Ann, who were both seriously amazing but I’m running out of space/time and I’m not even going into the villains yet with Zhuang and etc who was definitely interesting but a bit predictable to say the least)

Let’s end with:
Neo: This guy is…very different than what one thinks. But his actions are all justifiable and he is very realistic in the sense that he may seem creepy and suspicious but there’s a reason behind all that. He’s a very interesting person indeed and I think it helps that behind the creepiness, he plays rpg games, likes ice cream and has some justice in him. He’s definitely not how one imagines because who would’ve guessed he hates killing when he’s always pointing a gun at someone. His pattern of speech is very distinct and I think that was what helped create a realistic personality in him that I felt the other characters had but also lacked at the same time. Now, I could go and write essays on how awesome this guy is but seriously, I think the general point I was trying to make is that he’s really the best person suitable for Lucia. Not because she’s the main character but because her type of attitude seems to clash and shine best when she’s with Neo. It’s the same way with Jun and Yuri, I couldn’t see Yuri as a boyfriend to Lucia when you learn more about him and only saw him as a good friend but with Jun, they match pretty well.

That sums up the main things so onto the other stuff:
Art: Very good, it’s an improvement definitely from your other games. Of course it’s not perfect but no one is because then it would’ve been a bit boring if we drew everything with 100% accuracy. However, it’s a huge improvement from your first art shown of doppelganger and I liked the style, unique and different. Then there’s the fact that you had 80+ CGs so it’s understandable if there were a couple mistakes in anatomy which is totally fine because it’s not super bad or anything. Hmm…nothing much to say here except that I like it as it is, there’s little things that can be fixed but nothing too much that it must be fixed right away. I understand that it’s not easy with so much sprites and cgs and etc so no complaints here on how it turned out.

Music: Good choices for each character and overall, it was pretty nicely done. Oh, I’m also known to be tone-death so I’m not going to judge too much since I’m no expert on this stuff.
What else….

Overall: enjoyable, definitely addicting to someone like me who’s into this type of genre. Although, the only romance that really is memorable is between Neo and Lucia which I guess is supposed to intentional since they’re canon but I felt they have the most realistic interactions between them. It’s how romance usually moves in real life, people must form a bond in order to understand each other and go through hardships to find out that they are actually in love with one another. It moved at a much steadier pace in comparison to other characters. Anyways, it was a very interesting, enjoyable, time consuming but worth it, awesome game with the best true end and nothing else to be said. Definitely something I would replay through if there’s ever some time.
It’s longer than I thought so TL;DR if you don’t want to since this is just me expressing my freedom of speech of my own opinions. Good job, Azure and good luck with your future projects.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]