Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#301 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hmm, sorry about the bug then.

Here's all of the main menus if you wanna see them (spoiler alert):

http://azurextwilight-rllz.deviantart.c ... 1363586943

ixWishing
Veteran

#302 Post by ixWishing »

azureXtwilight wrote:Hmm, sorry about the bug then.

Here's all of the main menus if you wanna see them (spoiler alert):

http://azurextwilight-rllz.deviantart.c ... 1363586943
I definitely love the one with Neo xD
- Everlasting Dreams ;

hog_potter

#303 Post by hog_potter »

Azure,

After completing all endings, I kept on replaying and replaying again. Hahahaha. Using aid of the skip button, I realized that I have not unlocked some dialogues, even though I finished all endings. So, may I suggest? For your next games, it is nice to add a "progress bar" so we players can actually know whether we have covered up all dialogues or not.

Ah ya, btw I also didn't get Blake's menu theme. I got Raphael's instead.

Thank you.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#304 Post by azureXtwilight »

hog_potter wrote:Azure,

After completing all endings, I kept on replaying and replaying again. Hahahaha. Using aid of the skip button, I realized that I have not unlocked some dialogues, even though I finished all endings. So, may I suggest? For your next games, it is nice to add a "progress bar" so we players can actually know whether we have covered up all dialogues or not.

Ah ya, btw I also didn't get Blake's menu theme. I got Raphael's instead.

Thank you.
I see, I don't know how to code it yet but I'll try next time XD

Thanks for the report!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#305 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just two more endings for the true route! And 2 more CGs to unlock~

When I got Clifford's "good ending" that one song finally unlocked (I knew those two had to have a theme!)

Also
When I was watching the second opening, I have no idea if this was intentional or not, but like....they all had weapons. Weapons they used throughout the story, whether guns, swords, axes, heck even fists and kicks...but Blake was the only one shown without a weapon, he just played a guitar. But then, finally finishing his route, I realized...THE GUITAR IS HIS WEAPON!!! *reference to how he smacked Rico's double with his guitar* If you did that on purpose, haha I got it! If not, still cool ^o^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Workingdrag13

#306 Post by Workingdrag13 »

I'll review this game after i'm done collecting my thoughts but I wanted to ask a question for now. Are you going to release the OST for this game? some of the music here are really addictive.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#307 Post by Omnificent »

Blitzed this game all the way to True End in ~9 hours. It was one epic ride.

One of my favorite parts was that sense of achievement from unlocking a given route, it felt like drawing closer and closer to the truth/a path where everyone could be saved, and had that nice bonus of stacking layers and layers of character development on top of each other. Having started off on the crazy train that was Lee route, I was floored by how everyone introduced there grew and changed in the subsequent unlocked routes. In the end it really was a story of redemption.
It did feel kind of cheesy that there were so many coincidental childhood friends, I'm not sure whether a fruit knife sharp enough for someone to kill themselves with would be permitted in a hospital room, and I hope that there's a path where Rico doesn't bite it (I haven't finished all the endings, so maybe!) but all in all I enjoyed this game immensely and will go forth and try to get all the other paths/bad ends next. I look forward to seeing your next VN effort and feel inspired myself to keep trucking with my own game.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

fathskie
Regular

#308 Post by fathskie »

I have bandwith issue (quota of 400 MB per day),, it can be resumed the next day right? I need probably 3 days to download this :(

But I'm so excited!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#309 Post by azureXtwilight »

Kokoro Hane wrote:Just two more endings for the true route! And 2 more CGs to unlock~

When I got Clifford's "good ending" that one song finally unlocked (I knew those two had to have a theme!)

Also
When I was watching the second opening, I have no idea if this was intentional or not, but like....they all had weapons. Weapons they used throughout the story, whether guns, swords, axes, heck even fists and kicks...but Blake was the only one shown without a weapon, he just played a guitar. But then, finally finishing his route, I realized...THE GUITAR IS HIS WEAPON!!! *reference to how he smacked Rico's double with his guitar* If you did that on purpose, haha I got it! If not, still cool ^o^
Yeah, the guitar is basically his "weapon". Blake is not the fighting type, and I don't plan to involve him in the main story. BUT. There's so many fan pictures of him so might as well insert him as a secondary route (Because you know, the purpose in his route is introduce Neo's real self)
Workingdrag13 wrote:I'll review this game after i'm done collecting my thoughts but I wanted to ask a question for now. Are you going to release the OST for this game? some of the music here are really addictive.
No, sorry. Uploading this game has taken a lot of my quota, and I had to buy a new ones several times, especially when the upload broke several times, and the music are just that many... So I can't.
Omnificent wrote:Blitzed this game all the way to True End in ~9 hours. It was one epic ride.

One of my favorite parts was that sense of achievement from unlocking a given route, it felt like drawing closer and closer to the truth/a path where everyone could be saved, and had that nice bonus of stacking layers and layers of character development on top of each other. Having started off on the crazy train that was Lee route, I was floored by how everyone introduced there grew and changed in the subsequent unlocked routes. In the end it really was a story of redemption.
It did feel kind of cheesy that there were so many coincidental childhood friends, I'm not sure whether a fruit knife sharp enough for someone to kill themselves with would be permitted in a hospital room, and I hope that there's a path where Rico doesn't bite it (I haven't finished all the endings, so maybe!) but all in all I enjoyed this game immensely and will go forth and try to get all the other paths/bad ends next. I look forward to seeing your next VN effort and feel inspired myself to keep trucking with my own game.
Shuang and clifford were not really childhood friends nor do Rico and Ann, to think about it it's just Xiang and Lee... and Yuri and Jun. Besides, it's easier to introduce them to know each other before they know Lucia, otherwise people might think the other girls are just guy "snatchers" from Lucia, since I get that a lot XD

Rico doesn't die at Lee's path, technically.
fathskie wrote:I have bandwith issue (quota of 400 MB per day),, it can be resumed the next day right? I need probably 3 days to download this :(

But I'm so excited!!
Well, I don't know. I hope so?

hog_potter

#310 Post by hog_potter »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Workingdrag13 wrote:I'll review this game after i'm done collecting my thoughts but I wanted to ask a question for now. Are you going to release the OST for this game? some of the music here are really addictive.
No, sorry. Uploading this game has taken a lot of my quota, and I had to buy a new ones several times, especially when the upload broke several times, and the music are just that many... So I can't.
Really? Hikssss hikkksssss :cry: :cry:

I have seen this kind of request many times before... you have really chosen very fitting soundtracks, Azure. Good job :D

But is it possible if you just upload the highly demanded ones? Like The Mistress and the Self-Proclaimed God. That was epic. Or maybe you could tell us the link where you got them/ the real title so we could download it by ourselves?

Thank you.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#311 Post by azureXtwilight »

Some of the music are bought with my commission money, so I don't think you can download everything...

So here it is, if there are many demands on a certain music I will upload it.

hog_potter

#312 Post by hog_potter »

azureXtwilight wrote:Some of the music are bought with my commission money, so I don't think you can download everything...

So here it is, if there are many demands on a certain music I will upload it.
OMG really????? That is so nice of you Azure.

COME ON EVERYONE START THE POLL XD

Oh well my favourites are:
1. Shuang and Clifford's theme
2. The Mistress and the Self-Proclaimed God
3. And you thought it ends

Very cheerful songs.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#313 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Oh man, I have thousands of songs that I like, how could I possibly choose? :<
Might as well try I guess, though I'm listing more than 5 ^^

1. Morale Heartbeat (Epic, just epic)
2. No F@#ks Given/No F@#ks Taken (One does not simply listen to songs with weird English rap and does not like them. Save the whales! Kudos to who understands btw xD)
3. Calm Afternoon -- Clifford's theme (I've loved both him and his theme from the beginning, so I'm kind of sad about his endings :'D )
4 .The Mistress and the Self-Proclaimed God (Psychotic song is psychotic, nough said)
5. Infinite Process/Golden Resolution/Oriental Madness/End of The Inverted Soul (I can't choose, man! @_@)

So basically, I like songs which have this unique feeling in them (weird rap all the way), better if there's some kind of 'psychotism' (heartbeats and awesome sneers) and touching songs that reminds me of one's victory, in this case goes to Golden Resolution and End of The Inverted Soul.
You pick songs very well, azure :D Thanks for answering the calls of our muses!
(Though really, we could just open the game and let the ost plays by itself xD)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#314 Post by Kokoro Hane »

The Mistress and The Self Proclaimed God, and Morale Heartbeat are both songs by LukHash, and can be found on Jamendo, but they go by a different name (I forgot what the mistress and self proclaimed god is called, but Morale Heartbeat is just Heartbeat).

Guess I shall list the ones I love!

Yuri and June's Theme
Lee and Chunxiang's Theme
The Second Opening Theme
Golden resolution
Yin Yang Ghost
Lucia's Theme

There really was some epic music in this VN ^o^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#315 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ KokoroHane: Awesome, thanks KokoroHane ^^ I should really go to Jamendo often :'D