Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#391 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Viobli wrote:For some reason, I can't play the game D: I extracted all the files but at the end of the extracting it would always said (Some files are corrupt) or something like that. Is there a solution to it?
Hm, when I get that problem I always re-download it. Not sure though... :|

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#392 Post by azureXtwilight »

Redownloading is your best bet, I think it's due because something happened during download that the .rar became fragmented/broken.

Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

#393 Post by Viobli »

Mimi_Melody wrote:
Viobli wrote:For some reason, I can't play the game D: I extracted all the files but at the end of the extracting it would always said (Some files are corrupt) or something like that. Is there a solution to it?
azureXtwilight wrote:Redownloading is your best bet, I think it's due because something happened during download that the .rar became fragmented/broken.
Hmm, I redownloaded it a few times but the situation is still the same. :/

GurenMk3

#394 Post by GurenMk3 »

Hello! Just checked out the game. I'm a big fan of visual novel and text adventure games so this should be a treat :)
I've been wanting to make my very own for a while now. I've been learning to use Ren'Py gradually over the last few weeks. The one thing I just can't get the hang of is image mapping my menu screens so they don't have that default look that plagues so many other games. I got the main menu to work with image mapping by using this in options.rpy:

init -2 python:
layout.imagemap_main_menu("mainmenu1.jpg", "mainmenu2.jpg", [
(175, 228, 530 ,394, "Start Game"),
(700, 232, 1050, 389, "Quit"),
])

And that works but I can't seem to get image mapping to work with the load/save screen :'(
Any help would be appreciated seeing that you've got it all in your game x)
If I could have a sample of what you did for your loading screen that would really help too!

I'm a real noobie with programming, sorry to bother you with this X( but you seem pretty nice and reply a lot to your fans.

In the mean time I'll be playing Doppelganger! Thanks!

Viobli
Regular

#395 Post by Viobli »

Viobli wrote:
Mimi_Melody wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:Redownloading is your best bet, I think it's due because something happened during download that the .rar became fragmented/broken.
Hmm, I redownloaded it a few times but the situation is still the same. :/
I can play the game now (for some reason, when I open up Ren'Py, there will be a project for Doppelganger and I can play it by launching the project. Sorry for the trouble v.v) By now my favorite character is
Zhuang. It was really unexpected when I found out he's working under Shuang with Chunxiang :shock:
And I've gotten Raphael's and Yuri's endings.
TOTALLY didn't expect Yuri to have erm... whatever that syndrome is. It's really weird when he behaves like a girl too.
By now, I really love the game because everytime I complete an ending, instead of finding out more, I would wonder more :roll: Time to complete more endings now :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#396 Post by azureXtwilight »

Hmm, weird. It has to be because your computer doesn't open renpy game well.

Good luck on getting the true ending!
I bet your views will change ;)

Viobli
Regular

#397 Post by Viobli »

Okay, I finished the game (Except some endings for end of the inverted soul... but yeah I already got Ending 7 so whatever :3)

Yuri:
1st path I approached. Like I said at my previous post, Yuri having that whatever syndrome totally surprised me. He acting so feminine is quite weird too xD. I like the ending where Jun and Yuri get together because I think they make a cute couple ^-^
Raphael:
2nd path I approached.I really admire him being a family boy. Very little people in the world would sacrifice their lives for their family, sadly. I found out about the new character Zhuang here and that Zhuang and Chunxiang are under Shuang at Ending 3.
Lee:
I dislike him ): I thought he was a pretty nice guy at first but turns out I was wrong. His obsession towards Lucia is... sickening. And when he abandoned Lucia, I felt like slapping him. He's such a jerk D:
Clifford:
When Zhuang told him and Shuang that each of them didn't want to meet each other, Zhuang (obviously) lied to them. I had a gut feeling Zhuang intentionally did that (and indeed, I was right!) so my impression of Zhuang changed later that. Rico's and Anastasia's reunion was touching (but not as touching as ending 3 :P). I literally cried at ending 3. I rarely cry but it was really... just so. Like you know, so touching. Best ending, I suppose. I was very reluctant to tear up the letter at ending 4 but I did it anyway (since I wondered what happened if I did) and I so regretted it after that :( As for ending 5, it was great to see them together! I was so glad there was no romantic ending with Clifford & Lucia, coz I think Shuang and Clifford make up the best couple already. Never did I know Clifford's endings were the most romantic... oh well, I did type a bunch, huh?
Blake:
I like him best at first impression to be honest. I also had a hunch that Violet would come between Blake and Lucia. (turns out I was wrong, she was engaged with Sean -_-'' Anyway...) Blake is still my favorite character since I pretty much like cheerful guys ^-^'' Ending 1 was pretty sad that Blake has lost his voice v.v
End of the inverted soul [Ending 7]:
Neo's a pretty typical and funny guy I must say, so he's my 2nd favorite character.. At this path, I found out that you were right. I ended up hating Zhuang and Raphael (Their "love" was so terrifying and sickening...), and I really pity Shuang. I really don't like how Chunxiang did NOTHING. Guessed the people I thought who are nice turned out to be evil after all... zz. I really like the ending for this though. Anastasia & Rico... Yuri & Jun... Lee & Chunxiang... Shuang & Clifford... Lucia & Neo... Zhuang & Death... xD Definitely a game that people must play (not when exams take place though, this is HIGHLY addictive.)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#398 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks for the review!
Chunxiang actually didn't do nothing, she is the spy for Milady Shuang and while she does so she conserves her power so that Zhuang's plan can work out in the end.

Viobli
Regular

#399 Post by Viobli »

azureXtwilight wrote:Thanks for the review!
Chunxiang actually didn't do nothing, she is the spy for Milady Shuang and while she does so she conserves her power so that Zhuang's plan can work out in the end.
Ah, I missed that part out D: I just finished all the endings for end of the inverted soul.
Endings like Yin and Yang, and when Clifford killed Shuang were very touching. Especially Yin and Yang, because Lee and Chunxiang try to hate each other, but when they actually kill each other, that's when they found out that they actually love each other. For some reason, I tend to love such endings more than the got-back-together endings. They found out about each other's feelings at the end, and could die together. It's kind of sad for Neo and Lucia though, but I'm glad it's not actually the end for them yet :D

Sesshomarukagomer

#400 Post by Sesshomarukagomer »

I really loved this VN!
I liked the endings but while I went through them (I've only gotten Lee, Yuri, Clifford, Blake, and Rapheal so far)
But I was wondering if there's a path with Marshall?
That would have been wonderful!
See at first I thought since he was married you couldn't
But then when you were doing Blake's path he says he's something about being alone
And then I figured out that the girl is actually his sister that was with him in the house
I really hope there's a path for Marshall because he is incredibly
*cough* *cough* cute
Edit:
Aha never mind read the other one above! XD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#401 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sesshomarukagomer wrote:I really loved this VN!
I liked the endings but while I went through them (I've only gotten Lee, Yuri, Clifford, Blake, and Rapheal so far)
But I was wondering if there's a path with Marshall?
That would have been wonderful!
See at first I thought since he was married you couldn't
But then when you were doing Blake's path he says he's something about being alone
And then I figured out that the girl is actually his sister that was with him in the house
I really hope there's a path for Marshall because he is incredibly
*cough* *cough* cute
Edit:
Aha never mind read the other one above! XD
That would be the true path XD

Sesshomarukagomer

#402 Post by Sesshomarukagomer »

Yeah thanks!
The Walkthrough REALLY helped me!
:D
I loved this game.
And I can honestly say I've never played a game like this before.
It had a lot of twists that I wouldn't expect.
A MAX load of Craziness
And it its one of the BEST VN's I've played so far!
I loved the art, and the characters.
My favorite is Neo of course :3
I liked Blake too
Considering he saved me and all
But he can never compare to my Neo Boy! :3
I loved the traits shown by the characters as well!
Though I was disappointed that The Main Character wasn't a computer geek!
I liked that she was smart though.
I'm pretty smart I guess but as you can probably tell...
I'm a huge anime geek, and I love video games.
See my connection with Neo?
WE'RE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER :D
Haha no stalker intended but I will be watching you!
Of well guess I am a stalker.

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#403 Post by AngelicBlood »

Okay, I have to say something.
Lee, you little sh*t.
Yeah, anyways, it was surprising to find out that
Shuang was behind the doppelgangers and wishes, though I know she meant no harm it was still wrong. I got the Prisoner(?) ending and I realized that SHUANG was talking to me. And was the one who was talking to Raphael when he was making that wish. Of course, I went through the FareWell, My White Moon ending first. It was really sad. I found myself hating that Zhuang(I think that was his name?)guy. Even though he's still a polite cute young boy to me(It's the same thing with Lee..I like but strongly dislike him..), God dang it, what he did was really mean and it was half his fault that the doppelganger events started. I'm so annoyed. I also got Bright New Days. I liked Blake and he was very sweet.
On the other hand:
Lee, die, die, DIE, you little piece of sh*t.
The story was very well thought, with lots of plot twists and the endings are mind twisting and all @.@

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#404 Post by azureXtwilight »

Lee got redeemed a little bit in the true ending, since there's only one person who can straighten his mind. And that's not even Lucia :wink:

Since this is doppelganger, though. Blake's story doesn't mean anything, it's just a route made to satisfy the otome lovers XD No mysteries is revealed, except the fact about Neo being a nice guy.

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#405 Post by AngelicBlood »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Lee got redeemed a little bit in the true ending, since there's only one person who can straighten his mind. And that's not even Lucia :wink:

Since this is doppelganger, though. Blake's story doesn't mean anything, it's just a route made to satisfy the otome lovers XD No mysteries is revealed, except the fact about Neo being a nice guy.
Haven't gotten the true ending yet. Though I will for sure play later.