Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#436 Post by sanashi27 »

Oh, I see. Okay.

I'll just wait for new games(made by you) then. XD

Oh and, I really enjoyed Re:set and Fantasia 1 and 2. I just wanted to say that.
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

18goldy231
Projects: Inside Her Mind (name subject to change)
IRC Nick: Goldy

#437 Post by 18goldy231 »

Oh, well I'd definitely be willing to lend a hand. Not to brag or anything, but I do have a knack for spelling and grammar. ;). I guess I can understand Yuri's personality, with that added information. Hmm. I am an American, and a kind-of feminist, so when I read or watch things that have to do with gender roles, I may overreact. However, I can acknowledge that other countries have different cultural values, and so I will let this one go. :).
I got all the endings for the final except for the first one, which I think is called Coward.
P.S. For a non-native speaker I have to say you did an excellent job; keep it up!

suikojay
Regular

#438 Post by suikojay »

sanashi27 wrote:I wanted to play this game for a long time but everytime I try downloading, it says it'll take 1-3 hours and my internet is kind of slow(plus, I don't have that much time as I'm not the only one using this computer). Isn't there anything that could be done about it?
U can try a program like GetRight (http://download.cnet.com/GetRight/3000- ... 05533.html) as they allow u to resume your downloads at a later time if u can't download it all at once. It works great and if u need help using it, feel free to PM me about it. :D

On another note, I'm not quite big on otome-like games, but I caved and downloaded this game anyway, lol, since there seems to be a lot of people that like this. ^__^ Probably won't get a chance to really play it though for a few days or so, but I'm looking forward to it!

Also, azureXtwilight, may I ask how long it took to produce this game? If I had to guess, I'd have to say at least a year?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#439 Post by azureXtwilight »

18goldy231 wrote:Oh, well I'd definitely be willing to lend a hand. Not to brag or anything, but I do have a knack for spelling and grammar. ;). I guess I can understand Yuri's personality, with that added information. Hmm. I am an American, and a kind-of feminist, so when I read or watch things that have to do with gender roles, I may overreact. However, I can acknowledge that other countries have different cultural values, and so I will let this one go. :).
I got all the endings for the final except for the first one, which I think is called Coward.
P.S. For a non-native speaker I have to say you did an excellent job; keep it up!
Thanks! I'll contact you soon ;) Now, to get that ending...
In the true path, pick:
What could it be?
Lee has a point.
Of course you can!
Does Senior Raphael truly have good friends like I do?
Let's do things ourselves!
... technically, this is not his fault.
suikojay wrote:
sanashi27 wrote:I wanted to play this game for a long time but everytime I try downloading, it says it'll take 1-3 hours and my internet is kind of slow(plus, I don't have that much time as I'm not the only one using this computer). Isn't there anything that could be done about it?
U can try a program like GetRight (http://download.cnet.com/GetRight/3000- ... 05533.html) as they allow u to resume your downloads at a later time if u can't download it all at once. It works great and if u need help using it, feel free to PM me about it. :D

On another note, I'm not quite big on otome-like games, but I caved and downloaded this game anyway, lol, since there seems to be a lot of people that like this. ^__^ Probably won't get a chance to really play it though for a few days or so, but I'm looking forward to it!

Also, azureXtwilight, may I ask how long it took to produce this game? If I had to guess, I'd have to say at least a year?
Hehe, this is a game from a girl's POV all right, but that doesn't mean it follows the otome rules. Romance isn't the main goal after all. It took me two years to produce this, give or take :3

Heart of Art
Projects: The Untold Tale

#440 Post by Heart of Art »

WOW! I'm totally going to play this after seeing the video O.o Congrats on finishing the game, looks different and interesting.
GUB GUB!

18goldy231

#441 Post by 18goldy231 »

Thanks so much! By the way, I wouldn't mind Beta testing either :)!

18goldy231

#442 Post by 18goldy231 »

sigh. I just realized I was also missing "Final Present", if it's not too much of a bother, could you tell me how to get that one too please!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#443 Post by azureXtwilight »

18goldy231 wrote:sigh. I just realized I was also missing "Final Present", if it's not too much of a bother, could you tell me how to get that one too please!
When talking to Shuang/Clifford, pick:
Of course you can!"
It's not your fault!
... technically, this is not his fault.
Ask Arthur to help me. (When Lucia learns how to shoot)
You're a hypocrite!

18goldy231

#444 Post by 18goldy231 »

Thanks once again! Finally all endings complete!!

suikojay
Regular

#445 Post by suikojay »

Well, I finally got to playing this game and I completed the entire "Crimson Tyrant" arc as well as the "Reverse Lies" arc. Currently trying to complete the "Death of a Self-Proclaimed God" arc! ^__^

I must say though, the storyline is definitely interesting, and I love how in 1 arc, there may have been certain things or events that went unexplained and remained a bit of a mystery, but then when u played thru another arc, u got to see more fully (or more in depth), the relationships that each of the characters have with one another, or certain events that help paint a better picture of the overall storyline, and how everything all fits together like a jigsaw puzzle.

I can tell a lot of thought must have been put into the story! I did notice, though, some grammar/spelling mistakes here and there - but it hasn't really detracted the gaming experience for me yet. I can generally tolerate it as long as it's not rampant, lol. And believe me, I can remember a recent visual novel that I played, where the translation had me thinking hard as to what certain sentences were trying to say, lol. Thankfully, so far, I've only noticed a small handful of them (thru 2 arcs that I've played thru).

Dat music though! In particular when that...
"Attention Please" track played... it was like psychotic music! LOL. Gave me the creeps! Definitely not the kind of music I would want to fall asleep to! LOL.
Also, the music of Zhuyuan's theme, it seemed almost perfect for Lee as it definitely has some kind of oriental feel to it (perhaps Chinese or Hong Kong-ish?) which I'm assuming is supposed to be in tune with his ethnic background? Is his ethnic background known or is it supposed to be a bit of a mystery?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#446 Post by azureXtwilight »

suikojay wrote:Well, I finally got to playing this game and I completed the entire "Crimson Tyrant" arc as well as the "Reverse Lies" arc. Currently trying to complete the "Death of a Self-Proclaimed God" arc! ^__^

I must say though, the storyline is definitely interesting, and I love how in 1 arc, there may have been certain things or events that went unexplained and remained a bit of a mystery, but then when u played thru another arc, u got to see more fully (or more in depth), the relationships that each of the characters have with one another, or certain events that help paint a better picture of the overall storyline, and how everything all fits together like a jigsaw puzzle.

I can tell a lot of thought must have been put into the story! I did notice, though, some grammar/spelling mistakes here and there - but it hasn't really detracted the gaming experience for me yet. I can generally tolerate it as long as it's not rampant, lol. And believe me, I can remember a recent visual novel that I played, where the translation had me thinking hard as to what certain sentences were trying to say, lol. Thankfully, so far, I've only noticed a small handful of them (thru 2 arcs that I've played thru).

Dat music though! In particular when that...
"Attention Please" track played... it was like psychotic music! LOL. Gave me the creeps! Definitely not the kind of music I would want to fall asleep to! LOL.
Also, the music of Zhuyuan's theme, it seemed almost perfect for Lee as it definitely has some kind of oriental feel to it (perhaps Chinese or Hong Kong-ish?) which I'm assuming is supposed to be in tune with his ethnic background? Is his ethnic background known or is it supposed to be a bit of a mystery?
Thank you, I hope the errors doesn't distract much because it's more likely the proofreaders missed some. And Lee's ethic background isn't really a mystery, I just think the music goes well with him.

CuddleTea
Projects: Melody of Ruin

#447 Post by CuddleTea »

Hurray! This game was a challenge for me. I couldn't get an ending with one of the guys until several tries in. Even then, it was fun to keep going until I figured out more of them. I love the creepy factor in parts of the paths.
Sometimes kindness is a beautiful deception that blinds us to the real truth beneath our actions.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#448 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thanks! The point is not getting a romance, though. It's more of getting to know the truth behind the mystery, so maybe you're into something right in one of the paths if you don't end up with the guy! ;)

Soyuki

#449 Post by Soyuki »

Hello there~!
Here goes my little review about this game~ I was so excited when i knew this is azureXtwilight game and - yup - this was awesome. Still waiting for Fantasia ~Grande Finale~ y'know *ekhem ekhem* :wink:

CONTAINS IMAGES! SCROOL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS Somebody, is there a option to hide them? x.x
Yuri
First boy in this game~ I get his 3 endings: 6,5,4. And well.. he's supposed to be lovely boy who's hiding after deliquent mask. He likes cooking and he would be a good wife :) But still.. his route was so booooring. I'm sorry but i just feel like i'm gonna sleep while reading this. And when i saw his doppelganger who's supposed to be "manly" version of him i was very close to dying for laughter. Srsly. Wow. These "muscules" :roll: I was a little disspointed there was no "BEST CUTE FLUFFY ENDING" when Lucia goes out with him. *snif snif* AND the spider scene, ahaha! Lov u for that <3 JUN HELP US~!

Lee
Then i go for Lee~ And i loved him. I like yanderes a lot, but he was just.. priceless. Firstly he..
... friendzoned yourself :?
But then he's back to his awesome creepy yandere part and we are just like: HORAY :D
Even if his route was A LOT of mindfuck i still liked it. But he was a little.. weird towards Lucia in his best ending. Was he feeling awkard? :roll: And yeah - even if he was yandere he doesn't really give a lot love to Lucia. Probably becouse all of this mess with Chunxiang (hope i write it good x.x)

Raphael
I was fighting. I was fighting so much to DO NOT PLAY THIS ROUTE. But i notticed i need to play this in order to get Blake route. And then i just NEED to go for it.
Firstly i just want to say - WHY HIS SKIN IS ORANGE? I CANT PLAY THIS GAME AND DO NOT WONDER IF HE CLOSE YOURSELF IN SOLARIUM :|
Mostly i just feel like that in this route:

Blake
AW, BLAKE~~ MINE LITTLE BLAKE~ <3
Yup, i enjoyed his part the most. Idk why. Maybe becouse he's guy who actually fall in love for Lucia, lol (not like 3 of 5 guys =-= i don't count Lee here, his "love" was more like he tells yourself that he loves Lucia, but idk if he really does...) Going back. Blake was lovely, cute boy who will help us every time we need. We'll play guitar for us and comfort us when we cry (and we cry a lot in this route, lololo) And i liked that, he doesn't have WEIRD MINDFUCK past. His route was so innocent, haha.

Clifford
I really liked him at the beggining. But when i notticed we can't make him love us, becouse he'll always choose wheelchairgirl (i forgot her name ;_;) i was just like OH GOD WHYYY. He's probably the best looking guy in this game :cry: And we are playing, playing and guess what?
HE WASN'T THAT HOT ALL THE TIME. And when i see these glasses i think i just died a little.
He would be great guy but he prefer wheelchairgirl so we leave him alone and go to next guy..

Neo
Yup.
True part and all like this. He still tell us how AWESOME he is. Yeah i liked him and all like this, but sometimes i was just wondering WHY he's so awesome? For me he was just.. Well.. Nothing special i guess x.x Sorry again.
But i need to say I LOVED his mature part like
or that he'll wait for Lucia until she'll finally forgot about stupid Senpai. And Azure! WHY! Why didn't you show me how they confess?! Don't tell me this "be partners in a little different meaning" was the confession! Oh my! Neerdy until the end :roll:
So finally - this game was really nice and all like this, but i have a feeling like you want to put too much in one game. I just feel a little.. overwhelmed by all this story/characters. I found a lot of bugs(?) in game like dialog when it's a background story or this little " when people are just saying something like "Hey! Lucia! "Let's go!" (do you knows what i mean? XD)
After all i would give 6.5/10 for this game. Graphics a little ruined good story these noses, oh my

Thanks for reading~ <3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#450 Post by azureXtwilight »

OMG thanks for the review! Many reviews has made me happy but this particular one makes me laugh too many times. Hehehe. Oh, and that game's cancelled by the way. And images can't be spoilered. Have you thought of, Idunno, just linking them instead of showing? Muahahahaha. LOL.
Yuri : Hmm, many people wants him to have a route because they think he's kind of cute. So I made him one before they throw me with boots anyway. And yeah, the other him is supposed to be more manly because he has broader shoulders and less hips. But I know that it's some kind of basic anatomy thingy and everyone with a brain can notice, I am thinking you're going for a sarcasm, hehe.
Lee : Mindfuck. Check. For a yandere he doesn't care too much, hm. There's no single mention of him being a yandere, even himself doesn't called him that. I wonder why.
Blake : Yeah his route was meant to be boring. I'm really sorry, but like Yuri's path everyone thinks he's cute so why not.
Clifford : Yeah, everyone with glasses are like, ugly and such. Oh my, I completely and whoeheartedly agree. Why isn't he hot? Noooooessss. LOL. I'm laughing so much. Anyway, in all seriousness, this isn't a whole otome game where every guy jumps to your arms and has kinky relationships because you're so perfect. So yeah, deal with it.
Neo : He's just being his little barney stison-inspire again. Did I say he was awesome? Hehe, are you being sarcastic again? Oops I'm laughing again. For a cornier confession, I have to go through my twilight book which I already burned. Meep.
Really sorry if you got overwhelmed by the awesomeness. First times can be so overwhelming! Also, I love those noses. They are mine. MUU >W< *pokes you with a stick*