Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Soyuki

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#451 Post by Soyuki »

Hey, hey, no offence.
These noses are so fabulous. I simply love them :D Fantasia cancelled? Oh i liked this game a lot... *sniff sniff*
Well this "anathomy" just made me laught. I know it was supposed to be manly and all like this but just... Lolz. He was so cute and all like this and then i saw another version of this little crybaby i just can't help but laugh :roll:
If Lee wasn't yandere then idk what he was. I really enjoyed him, probably the most (only Neo made me wonder if i didn't like him more, after all he was awesome) but i really feel like he fall in love for Lucia just to forget about mess with Chunxiang.
Blake was cute and not boring at all! He was probably mine favourite and you are saying he was supposed to be boring? I think i broke inside a little :cry: (*guys in the background* -Then how the hell is it possible you enjoyed Lee part? -IDK guys ;_; i just do)
Why you are so angry about Cliffy? o.o I just wanted to say that he is really good chara but we can't make him love main protagonist through all this game. It made me a little dissapointed but after all, yeah, i enjoyed his route. Even if he'll still choose wheelchairgirl in the end (God i really need to check her name..)
And Neo... Aw, you. So it was the main conffesion after all? Hmm. I really was 85% sure that wasn't it, but if you say so... Neo was cool NOT AWESOME *wink wink* A little weird for me was that Lee leave Lucia after all this time when Neo said that he loves her. Was he admiring his older brother that much or he just simply doesn't care that much about Lucia? serious question
IDK why you didn't like this little review ;_; Still I'll wait for your another games. Do your best! :wink:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#452 Post by azureXtwilight »

Don't worry, I showed it to my friends who helped make this as well, we didn't hate it. We had fun laughing all night! ^^

Anyway...
Well this "anathomy" just made me laught. I know it was supposed to be manly and all like this but just... Lolz. He was so cute and all like this and then i saw another version of this little crybaby i just can't help but laugh :roll:
Ouch, you just offended my redliner. I forgot which one did Yuri, but she does it out of generosity. Poor her. And it's "anatomy" sweetie, and "laugh".
If Lee wasn't yandere then idk what he was. I really enjoyed him, probably the most (only Neo made me wonder if i didn't like him more, after all he was awesome) but i really feel like he fall in love for Lucia just to forget about mess with Chunxiang.
Ding ding! You got it right! Do not make him into a stereotype which is a yandere because you think he is, sweetie pie.
Blake was cute and not boring at all! He was probably mine favourite and you are saying he was supposed to be boring? I think i broke inside a little :cry: (*guys in the background* -Then how the hell is it possible you enjoyed Lee part? -IDK guys ;_; i just do)
Some people do, some people don't. Me personally thinks it's supposed to be boring XD He has no important role to the main mystery.
Why you are so angry about Cliffy? o.o I just wanted to say that he is really good chara but we can't make him love main protagonist through all this game. It made me a little dissapointed but after all, yeah, i enjoyed his route. Even if he'll still choose wheelchairgirl in the end (God i really need to check her name..)
As a person who loves dorks, I am slightly offended you call him fugly just because of glasses

And Neo... Aw, you. So it was the main conffesion after all? Hmm. I really was 85% sure that wasn't it, but if you say so... Neo was cool NOT AWESOME *wink wink* A little weird for me was that Lee leave Lucia after all this time when Neo said that he loves her. Was he admiring his older brother that much or he just simply doesn't care that much about Lucia? serious question

Aw, like I said he's just being little Barney Stinson. You didn't get my sarcasm, do ya?? 'Tis okay, then.
Lee is just looking for a replacement for Chunxiang, anyway, He's that unstable person who will break if he can't depend on anyone.

Also, I tend to accept criticism like there are many typos, or there is errors, or the players find my writing a bit offensive because of Yuri's problem (which is depending on the culture you are born in) But bawwing because a character is not "awesome" enough or "doesn't love you enough" is a bit weird to me, honestly. And the way you convey it at the beginning? Doesn't help.

Soyuki

#453 Post by Soyuki »

Well... That's great i suppose x.x

Oh, sorry about my english. I don't have any some sort of problems while reading stories or talking about 'em, but i can see my writing is pretty poor. Well if you can at least understand what i wanted to say that would be nice *sniff sniff*
Yay i got Lee right!~ Will i get a cookie? owo
Eh? It doesn't matter if he have glasses or not. These little spiralas on them make him look a little, um, crazy?
After all your sarcasm is too good for me, i'm sorry for my lack in awesomnes :cry:

Aw, that's just what i think about this story. I knows it's not typical love story, you wanted to it to have some, um, serious story and all like it but just for me there was a little too less of love interest. That's all. As I'd say no offence. And, again, thanks for sheding some secrets about Lee. I appreciate it :wink:
This sweetie is so creepy O.O

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#454 Post by AshenhartKrie »

I love your games to bits!! Totally downloading right now!
you can tell I'm excited when I use more than one exclamation mark

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#455 Post by azureXtwilight »

Awesome, can't wait to see your feedback :)

Victory

#456 Post by Victory »

i cant get it to download :(

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#457 Post by azureXtwilight »

Really? They work just fine to me :o

Victory

#458 Post by Victory »

every time i try it takes forever then says the file is corrupted.............. whyyyyyy :'( i got it before on my old computer but my new one i cant *so disappointed* i didn't get to finish all the endings :(

Victory

#459 Post by Victory »

i just turned off my AVG firewall....... maybe that will work?

Victory

#460 Post by Victory »

GOT IT TO WORK WOOOOT :D *starts playing*

suikojay
Regular

#461 Post by suikojay »

Wow... so I finally got thru the game and got all the endings... it took quite a while, but I must say that I really enjoyed this game!! Thx Azure for the game!

Truly, unraveling the mystery was a fun and suspenseful ride. I really thought the replay value of this game was really high, too. For myself, after I finished 1 ending, I always wanted to continue playing to see more of the game, more of the mystery, more of the characters, more of everything, lol. In particular, what motivated each individual to act the way they do in the game.
Especially, Neo, Shuang, Zhuang and ChunXiang - they were a bit of a mystery to me... up until the final arc anyway. I honestly never would've guest that Zhuang'er was Shuang'er's doppel. I was actually shocked at that! I didn't see that coming at all, lol! I was kinda thinking he was her brother or something because I think Shuang, at one point, called him her brother, but I remember thinking at the time, that she's probably just saying "brother" because she views him like an actual blood-brother, or family member since they are really close.
As for the music of the game, I'd have to say that it was really well done, and I thought the majority of the tracks fit each scene appropriately.
Also, I'll take it, Azure, that you might be a Star Wars fan,
given the references to Princess Leia and Luke! I also was a bit amused at the DBZ one where Neo brings up a final boss battle of Mirror God with power capacity of over 9000!
Image I wonder if I missed any other ones, lol.

Ok, putting all the great things about this game aside now... I have a list of err... some of the not-so good stuff that I'd like to mention:

1) I mentioned it before in my last post, but the grammar, spelling and sentence coherency could use some help. When the end credits were rolling, it looked like there were about 4 names there for proofreaders... I almost think maybe they were too scared to make changes to the original script, since by the end of the game, there were a good load of mistakes and incoherent sentences (please be mindful of verb tenses, subject-verb agreement and missing verbs, lol!). Did they even bother to run a spellchecker? That's always a must when proofreading. I remember one of the sentences from the game used a nonsensical word "deide," and I was like, "what is this sentence trying to say?" It took me several seconds before I realized that the word was probably supposed to be "decide." So yeah, Azure, please remind those that proofread your work to at least use some kind of a spellchecker program. It'll help a great deal for your future projects and give grammar Nazi's (like myself) less ammunition to work with. :wink:
2) I noticed at least one American idiom and one saying that I believe u may be misusing:

- "No can't do" should be "No can do." I wasn't going to mention this one, but since every time this expression came up in the game, it was always done this way, so I figured I should give ya the heads up on this just in case.
- "using your own logic towards you" should be "using your own logic against you." This one actually made me laugh every time I saw it (since it was used incorrectly and it sounded so goofy to me), lol. Thankfully, I understood what you were trying to say, and I'm sure most native English speakers did as well.

There might have been more, but these 2 expressions just stuck out to me the most that I felt the need to harass u about them, lol. And so I have! :mrgreen:

3) On occasion, there was a particular sound effect that I got used to hearing as the sound of someone getting killed, and the odd part was, that I'd hear that same sound effect used for other non-killing/non-violent purposes, so that actually sometimes confused me and made me wonder if a certain character just got killed or if something else happened. So basically, what I'm trying to say is, try not to use the same splattering sound when someone jumps off a building and splats on the ground, and the same sound effect when someone just passes out or faints. :lol: ... Now that I've said this, I can just imagine u creating a game now where blood-splattering sounds, sound the same as people shaking hands or hugging, LOL. :lol:

4) During the End of the Inverted Soul route, when Yuri and his doppelganger were fighting (for the last time), it seemed that they were not effected when they hit each other. Even Jun hit the doppelgangar, too, but the real Yuri never felt anything. Just seemed a bit odd, I guess, that during the brawl, they didn't seem to share the physical pains that each one had. The same can be said with Zhuang, when he was busy beating on Shuang near the end of the Denounement of the Inverted Soul path.
5) "Skip" feature doesn't always work with already-read text. I'm assuming this may be done on purpose, though, since it seemed like it would do this mostly when a new choice was selected. However, it seemed like even when the new text was done and over with, u still couldn't skip some of the overlapping (already-read) text until the entire scene was over. It wasn't really a big deal, but I thought I'd bring this up anyway.

Ok, putting all these not-so good things aside now (u may commence cheering that my constructive criticism... or whining, is over :mrgreen:), I would like to make a couple recommendations for your future projects:

1) Have some kind of a "Log" feature that keeps track of text that's been read during the game. This log wouldn't need to contain everything that's been read during the game, but should contain everything from the point your last "load" game was done. A better way to explain it would be to look at a visual novel game called Koenchu!, that utilizes this feature perfectly. I first saw this idea in this game, and I thought it was quite helpful, since there would be times when I'd accidentally hit the "spacebar" and it'd move on to the next sentence before I even finished reading it. So basically, some kind of in-game text "log" would be awesome and helpful so players could always look back and reread certain sentences that they may have accidentally skipped, or if they just need to refresh their mind on things that were recently said.

2) I love how u have an ending gallery that displays the name of each particular route ending and the name of each arc. But what would make it even better is if u could re-play those endings again. Like if u could click on the name of one of the endings, and it would immediately take u to the scene where the last choice (for that particular route) was selected - that would be awesome!! I'm sure it might make for a little more work, but nonetheless, it would be a great feature to have!

Soyuki wrote: Clifford
I really liked him at the beggining. But when i notticed we can't make him love us, becouse he'll always choose wheelchairgirl (i forgot her name ;_;) i was just like OH GOD WHYYY. He's probably the best looking guy in this game :cry: And we are playing, playing and guess what?
HE WASN'T THAT HOT ALL THE TIME. And when i see these glasses i think i just died a little.
Lol, his glasses actually reminded me of Melvin from Sailor Moon: Image I actually liked Clifford a lot. He seemed like one of the most sane characters in the game, lol, and sane characters seem to be a little far and few between in this game, lol. Personally, I didn't really mind that Clifford never really showed any romantic interest in Lucia, even though, it kinda seemed like there were choices that hinted that Lucia was starting to like Clifford though, lol. Especially during Lucia's final fight with her doppelganger when she says, "I have Clifford, I am not afraid anymore!" :lol: Clifford's reaction of "Huh?" was just priceless! I busted out laughing at that because I can just imagine him thinking "What the #^%$@ is she talking about!" Image The only thing that could've made that scene better is if the camera panned over to Clifford's face so we could see his stunned reaction! :lol:
Oh, and the girl in the wheelchair is Shuang. She may have been a little cuckoo, but I actually really liked her as well. She had a very amusing little laugh, too, that lasted for about .2 seconds, lol. Aside from the best ending on the End of The Inverted Soul arc, I enjoyed Shuang and Clifford's best ending in the White Moon Reminiscence arc. I think I was happiest most with seeing them 2 get together than any other couple.
Soyuki wrote: This sweetie is so creepy O.O
Lol. I can already tell from reading Azure's responses to u, and from some of the witty dialogue from the game (particularly some of the dialogue between Lucia and Neo), that she has quite the sense of humor, and so u shouldn't take her responses too seriously. However, I will say that calling someone u don't really know, sweetie, or sweetie pie :lol: is a bit... uncommon here in the U.S., lol. It's generally used as an endearing term for those romantically involved. :mrgreen:
Anyway, if Azure calls u sweetie pie again, just call her raspberry pie or blueberry pie in response! :wink:
Soyuki wrote: So finally - this game was really nice and all like this, but i have a feeling like you want to put too much in one game. I just feel a little.. overwhelmed by all this story/characters. After all i would give 6.5/10 for this game. Graphics a little ruined good story these noses, oh my
Haha, the noses sometimes did look a little goofy looking, but they work. ^.^ <---Like my nose?
But seriously, each artist has their own style or preferred way of drawing things, so I was cool with it. :mrgreen: And ouch, a 6.5? In terms of enjoyment, I'd personally give it something like an 8.75 out of 10, as I actually did really enjoy the mystery aspect of the game a whole lot. I thought it was pretty cleverly written. All-in-all, I spent probably around 30 hours on this darn game, lol! ^___^ Azure, gimme back my 30 hours! :lol: *shakes fist angrily* :P

Lastly, I noticed, Azure, that u released another new game called Re-Set, I might have to give that game a shot, especially if the story is cleverly written as this one was. : )

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#462 Post by azureXtwilight »

suikojay wrote:Wow... so I finally got thru the game and got all the endings... it took quite a while, but I must say that I really enjoyed this game!! Thx Azure for the game!

Truly, unraveling the mystery was a fun and suspenseful ride. I really thought the replay value of this game was really high, too. For myself, after I finished 1 ending, I always wanted to continue playing to see more of the game, more of the mystery, more of the characters, more of everything, lol. In particular, what motivated each individual to act the way they do in the game.
Especially, Neo, Shuang, Zhuang and ChunXiang - they were a bit of a mystery to me... up until the final arc anyway. I honestly never would've guest that Zhuang'er was Shuang'er's doppel. I was actually shocked at that! I didn't see that coming at all, lol! I was kinda thinking he was her brother or something because I think Shuang, at one point, called him her brother, but I remember thinking at the time, that she's probably just saying "brother" because she views him like an actual blood-brother, or family member since they are really close.
As for the music of the game, I'd have to say that it was really well done, and I thought the majority of the tracks fit each scene appropriately.
Also, I'll take it, Azure, that you might be a Star Wars fan,
given the references to Princess Leia and Luke! I also was a bit amused at the DBZ one where Neo brings up a final boss battle of Mirror God with power capacity of over 9000!
Image I wonder if I missed any other ones, lol.
Thanks! I wonder if someone finally spots the reference, and here you are, boom~ XD
Ok, putting all the great things about this game aside now... I have a list of err... some of the not-so good stuff that I'd like to mention:

1) I mentioned it before in my last post, but the grammar, spelling and sentence coherency could use some help. When the end credits were rolling, it looked like there were about 4 names there for proofreaders... I almost think maybe they were too scared to make changes to the original script, since by the end of the game, there were a good load of mistakes and incoherent sentences (please be mindful of verb tenses, subject-verb agreement and missing verbs, lol!). Did they even bother to run a spellchecker? That's always a must when proofreading. I remember one of the sentences from the game used a nonsensical word "deide," and I was like, "what is this sentence trying to say?" It took me several seconds before I realized that the word was probably supposed to be "decide." So yeah, Azure, please remind those that proofread your work to at least use some kind of a spellchecker program. It'll help a great deal for your future projects and give grammar Nazi's (like myself) less ammunition to work with. :wink:

I wonder as well, english is not my first language so I tend to trust all my proofreaders wholeheartedly. But I guess since there is a crapload of words they might miss a few? :mrgreen:
2) I noticed at least one American idiom and one saying that I believe u may be misusing:

- "No can't do" should be "No can do." I wasn't going to mention this one, but since every time this expression came up in the game, it was always done this way, so I figured I should give ya the heads up on this just in case.
- "using your own logic towards you" should be "using your own logic against you." This one actually made me laugh every time I saw it (since it was used incorrectly and it sounded so goofy to me), lol. Thankfully, I understood what you were trying to say, and I'm sure most native English speakers did as well.

The more you know~ :) Thanks, I'll avoid using these in the future.
3) On occasion, there was a particular sound effect that I got used to hearing as the sound of someone getting killed, and the odd part was, that I'd hear that same sound effect used for other non-killing/non-violent purposes, so that actually sometimes confused me and made me wonder if a certain character just got killed or if something else happened. So basically, what I'm trying to say is, try not to use the same splattering sound when someone jumps off a building and splats on the ground, and the same sound effect when someone just passes out or faints. :lol: ... Now that I've said this, I can just imagine u creating a game now where blood-splattering sounds, sound the same as people shaking hands or hugging, LOL. :lol:
Haha XD I was reusing it because there are already so many sound files, I don't want to add more and make the game 100 MBs bigger.
4) During the End of the Inverted Soul route, when Yuri and his doppelganger were fighting (for the last time), it seemed that they were not effected when they hit each other. Even Jun hit the doppelgangar, too, but the real Yuri never felt anything. Just seemed a bit odd, I guess, that during the brawl, they didn't seem to share the physical pains that each one had. The same can be said with Zhuang, when he was busy beating on Shuang near the end of the Denounement of the Inverted Soul path.
They actually felt it, but it would break the rule of cool to admit it XD
5) "Skip" feature doesn't always work with already-read text. I'm assuming this may be done on purpose, though, since it seemed like it would do this mostly when a new choice was selected. However, it seemed like even when the new text was done and over with, u still couldn't skip some of the overlapping (already-read) text until the entire scene was over. It wasn't really a big deal, but I thought I'd bring this up anyway.
Hmm, that's odd. I hope the new ren'py fixs it.

Ok, putting all these not-so good things aside now (u may commence cheering that my constructive criticism... or whining, is over :mrgreen:), I would like to make a couple recommendations for your future projects:
1) Have some kind of a "Log" feature that keeps track of text that's been read during the game. This log wouldn't need to contain everything that's been read during the game, but should contain everything from the point your last "load" game was done. A better way to explain it would be to look at a visual novel game called Koenchu!, that utilizes this feature perfectly. I first saw this idea in this game, and I thought it was quite helpful, since there would be times when I'd accidentally hit the "spacebar" and it'd move on to the next sentence before I even finished reading it. So basically, some kind of in-game text "log" would be awesome and helpful so players could always look back and reread certain sentences that they may have accidentally skipped, or if they just need to refresh their mind on things that were recently said.
You can rollback using your mouse wheel XD
2) I love how u have an ending gallery that displays the name of each particular route ending and the name of each arc. But what would make it even better is if u could re-play those endings again. Like if u could click on the name of one of the endings, and it would immediately take u to the scene where the last choice (for that particular route) was selected - that would be awesome!! I'm sure it might make for a little more work, but nonetheless, it would be a great feature to have!
I actually planned to do it , but it's a lot of work since the amount of endings are quite... a lot. XD Sorry about that, I'll consider it.
Soyuki wrote: Clifford
I really liked him at the beggining. But when i notticed we can't make him love us, becouse he'll always choose wheelchairgirl (i forgot her name ;_;) i was just like OH GOD WHYYY. He's probably the best looking guy in this game :cry: And we are playing, playing and guess what?
HE WASN'T THAT HOT ALL THE TIME. And when i see these glasses i think i just died a little.
Lol, his glasses actually reminded me of Melvin from Sailor Moon: Image I actually liked Clifford a lot. He seemed like one of the most sane characters in the game, lol, and sane characters seem to be a little far and few between in this game, lol. Personally, I didn't really mind that Clifford never really showed any romantic interest in Lucia, even though, it kinda seemed like there were choices that hinted that Lucia was starting to like Clifford though, lol. Especially during Lucia's final fight with her doppelganger when she says, "I have Clifford, I am not afraid anymore!" :lol: Clifford's reaction of "Huh?" was just priceless! I busted out laughing at that because I can just imagine him thinking "What the #^%$@ is she talking about!" Image The only thing that could've made that scene better is if the camera panned over to Clifford's face so we could see his stunned reaction! :lol:
Oh, and the girl in the wheelchair is Shuang. She may have been a little cuckoo, but I actually really liked her as well. She had a very amusing little laugh, too, that lasted for about .2 seconds, lol. Aside from the best ending on the End of The Inverted Soul arc, I enjoyed Shuang and Clifford's best ending in the White Moon Reminiscence arc. I think I was happiest most with seeing them 2 get together than any other couple.
I love you XD
Soyuki wrote: This sweetie is so creepy O.O
Lol. I can already tell from reading Azure's responses to u, and from some of the witty dialogue from the game (particularly some of the dialogue between Lucia and Neo), that she has quite the sense of humor, and so u shouldn't take her responses too seriously. However, I will say that calling someone u don't really know, sweetie, or sweetie pie :lol: is a bit... uncommon here in the U.S., lol. It's generally used as an endearing term for those romantically involved. :mrgreen:
Anyway, if Azure calls u sweetie pie again, just call her raspberry pie or blueberry pie in response! :wink:
I tend to use those words since some forum rules doesn't allow me to inappropriately call people. If ya know what I mean :mrgreen:
Lastly, I noticed, Azure, that u released another new game called Re-Set, I might have to give that game a shot, especially if the story is cleverly written as this one was. : )
Re-Set is more like a mix of fantasy-comedy with a bit of mystery feel. It might not be as dark as this one, but at least it shows what happens to the characters of doppelganger after the ending. And it's episodic so the twist might come in later episodes. :)

suikojay
Regular

#463 Post by suikojay »

azureXtwilight wrote: Thanks! I wonder if someone finally spots the reference, and here you are, boom~ XD
Hmm, were there any other references that I missed?
I wonder as well, english is not my first language so I tend to trust all my proofreaders wholeheartedly. But I guess since there is a crapload of words they might miss a few? :mrgreen:
Believe me, I wish I could say it was a few... but I vividly remember there being points in the game where there were anomalies like every 3 or 4 sentences. Image But it's alright though, at least you're not being graded on it, lol. :P ... Just harassed by perfectionists like myself, lol. xP
Haha XD I was reusing it because there are already so many sound files, I don't want to add more and make the game 100 MBs bigger.
Image <---I'm doing what this monkey's doing (shaking head in disbelief)! :lol: If it's only 1 to 300MBs bigger, it's worth it!!! People like myself that pay attention to the finer details of things will catch things like this and whine about it, lol! And I'm trying very hard this year to not throw as many tantrums as I did last year, so just say yes (even if u don't mean it) that you'll take my advice on this! xP
suikojay wrote:
Azure wrote:They actually felt it, but it would break the rule of cool to admit it XD
Hmm, I figured that might be the case... but to me, it seems a little inconsistent, I guess. I can't really remember all the fights in the game, and I may be remembering this incorrectly, but it seems like in pretty much all the other fights, involving the real person and their doppelganger, that when one got hurt, there would usually be some kind of indication that the other person had felt it or there were hints at some time during the fight that the other person/doppel was effected in some way. And because of this, it seemed like a consistency was established (well, at least in my head it was, lol). So then, when I saw those 2 fights that I mentioned above, it seemed like it broke from the consistency of at least telling us how they were effected. I mean, if Zhuang and the evil Yuri didn't want to show pain because they wanted to look cool, I guess I would've liked to have seen it actually say that in the storyline to keep with the consistency of letting us know how the other is being effected. To have nothing mentioned about it just seemed a bit out of place and out of the norm, I guess.
But I don't know, I'm probably just remembering things wrong, and if I am, just pretend I didn't say anything and completely disregard what I just said here. :lol:

You can rollback using your mouse wheel XD
I have neither a mouse nor a mouse wheel, lol. But I experimented a bit, and found out that the "PGUP" and "PGDN" rollback/rollforward as well... it's funny because that was stated in the README file for this game... I guess I should've read that README file first before playing this game, lol. Every time I skipped a sentence during the game, I had to re-load my latest save file, and sometimes it was quite a while back, too. Thank God for the "skip" feature! :mrgreen: I have a feeling this rollback feature might already be in many visual novel games, and I probably just haven't noticed it, lol. But I'll be aware for next time!
Thx for the heads up on this!!
I actually planned to do it , but it's a lot of work since the amount of endings are quite... a lot. XD Sorry about that, I'll consider it.
Haha, yeah, there's a boatload of endings for this game so I understand! No need to apologize! ^__^
Lucia Nicol wrote:I love you XD
^ Thought u might appreciate this pic! :mrgreen: I had some fun editing it! I wanted to make the lower part of his eyes more curvier, but I just couldn't do it for the life of me, lol. (not sure if I'm violating some copyright thing, but if I am, lemme know and I'll remove the pic, as well as the one on my Crunchyroll account where I'm linking this image from).
I tend to use those words since some forum rules doesn't allow me to inappropriately call people. If ya know what I mean :mrgreen:

I see... I'll remember never to get on your bad side then. :P
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, I was wondering, but did u model any of the characters' personalities or physical appearances after anyone from real life? Or did u kinda just make them all up for this game?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#464 Post by azureXtwilight »

suikojay wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote: Thanks! I wonder if someone finally spots the reference, and here you are, boom~ XD
Hmm, were there any other references that I missed?
I'll leave it to you to find out :p
Believe me, I wish I could say it was a few... but I vividly remember there being points in the game where there were anomalies like every 3 or 4 sentences. Image But it's alright though, at least you're not being graded on it, lol. :P ... Just harassed by perfectionists like myself, lol. xP
I should ask you to do it for me next time then! :mrgreen:
Image <---I'm doing what this monkey's doing (shaking head in disbelief)! :lol: If it's only 1 to 300MBs bigger, it's worth it!!! People like myself that pay attention to the finer details of things will catch things like this and whine about it, lol! And I'm trying very hard this year to not throw as many tantrums as I did last year, so just say yes (even if u don't mean it) that you'll take my advice on this! xP
Image I am doing the same thing! I live in a country where internet speed is an issue. I add more filesize and I'll blow up everyone else's (or even mine) internet speed trying to upload this thing XD
But I don't know, I'm probably just remembering things wrong, and if I am, just pretend I didn't say anything and completely disregard what I just said here. :lol:[/spoiler]
Okay XD
Lucia Nicol wrote:I love you XD
^ Thought u might appreciate this pic! :mrgreen: I had some fun editing it! I wanted to make the lower part of his eyes more curvier, but I just couldn't do it for the life of me, lol. (not sure if I'm violating some copyright thing, but if I am, lemme know and I'll remove the pic, as well as the one on my Crunchyroll account where I'm linking this image from).
Yes, that's exactly how I picture him looking. WTF LUCIA I AM IN LOVE WITH ANOTHER GIRL.
Lastly, I was wondering, but did u model any of the characters' personalities or physical appearances after anyone from real life? Or did u kinda just make them all up for this game?
Doppelganger is a sarcasm about many things I've observed in life. From my culture, from the internet, from the media, lots of things has been added into the game. So yeah, I model most of them after personification of certain cultures/ideas/trope and break it.

Tenarium

#465 Post by Tenarium »

Hi there,

I'm trying to get this to work but everytime I extract/install it, it doesn't work and asks me to download a new copy, I've tried from two different computers, with two different downloads and keep getting the same error, any suggestions?